Notices

Trade A Goalie

Old
12-29-2010, 10:06 PM
Bad Hat Harry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENG FTW View Post
he's a 5 million dollar cap hit for two more years that's all that really matters, not his actual salary. Giguere was 32 when he got traded you're talking about trading Thomas at 37/38. i already gave multiple examples of how trading either one would make the Bruins better. right now you have a valuable asset not being used, not to mention sitting on the bench and playing once a month does nothing to help Tuukka's developmental. Bruins need to either decide to make serious run at a Cup or take another year or two to develop a few more players. im getting tired of these half heart efforts to win a Cup.
Giguere had a .900 save % and 3.14 GAA with a 6 mil cap hit prior to getting traded. Granted he was only 32, he has only gotten worse. If Giguere can be traded with stats and a salary like that, I think Thomas can.

Trading Thomas will not make us better right now. I agree not playing doesn't really help Tuukka's development, but he will see time this year. Once Thomas cools down, Rask will play.

I'm guessing they are gonna go with option number two. I can't see them trading away Rask in a deal for PMD. He's too valuable to give up.

Bad Hat Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:07 PM
nORRis8*

Quote:
not every backup can lead the league in GAA. besides you only hamper a players development by playing him once a month
Yes, but right now as it stands he's the backup. If rust is such an issue, send him down to Providence. He can develop all he wants down there.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:18 PM
LucicTrain*

Quote:
Originally Posted by plm12 View Post
Giguere had a .900 save % and 3.14 GAA with a 6 mil cap hit prior to getting traded. Granted he was only 32, he has only gotten worse. If Giguere can be traded with stats and a salary like that, I think Thomas can.

Trading Thomas will not make us better right now. I agree not playing doesn't really help Tuukka's development, but he will see time this year. Once Thomas cools down, Rask will play.

I'm guessing they are gonna go with option number two. I can't see them trading away Rask in a deal for PMD. He's too valuable to give up.
Giguere is a completely different situation, at 32 years old you can expect a bounce back and its a lot easier to take a chance, at 37 or 38 that's a completely different situation.

trading Thomas wont make them immediately better, but it will next season when they can use that money to upgrade more pressing needs. as i've stated i dont think this team as currently constructed has what it takes to win a Cup. a lotta people are putting way too much stock in Thomas, like he's gunna carry them to the SCF ala Hasek.

LucicTrain* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:20 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
i really dont like the idea of having two good goalies
Lost me right here

MillerTime 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:25 PM
howaryuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by plm12 View Post

I thought Giguere's ridiculous contract was traded for Blake's ridiculous contract.
Totally different situation.

howaryuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:49 PM
WhalerTurnedBruin55

Quote:
Tuukka and Ference would work for a guy like Sutter. not saying Nashville would necessarily do the deal but you get a significant piece from a Tuukka trade
"guy like Sutter"? Assuming you mean Ryan Suter, those guys don't really grow on trees. And I highly doubt they are available. If they are, then see what they have, but I can't think of (nor heard any) reasonable offers that is gonna work for both sides. I can't see any team trading for Tuukka on potential alone. And all the reasons the Bruins have for trading Thomas, most other teams will probably have the same concerns. I've ask several times, since obviously you want to move one of them, but I don't think we're getting a key piece for either goalie. I'll ask one more time, what possible offers do you think are available?

WhalerTurnedBruin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 10:51 PM
bruinmann77

Read this neither of the two goalies are going anywhere for any player . the way Chira will get help using possible draft picks

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote