HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any interest in Robyn Regehr?

Old
12-30-2010, 08:23 AM
McNasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
Let me get this straight,JVR,Carcillo,carle and a 2nd for Regehr? omfg you must be high...i would have to think that that package should get us Kipper let alone an overpaid defenseman like regehr
Hey wait he threw in Glencross *fart*

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 08:54 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Id do somethin around Carle and Regher, otherwise no

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 08:59 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaktus View Post
Carle or Coburn. Take anyone. Preferable Carle. Regehr would be awesome. Seriously.

Flyers can not and should not trade JVR. No deal.
I like Coburn, but I would eject Carle so fast for Regehr it's crazy. I think we can do with more size on the back end, and Regehr at 6-3 is PERFECT for us.

Don't get me wrong, I like our D as is, but I would send

Carle, Walker, Zherdev and a 2nd for Regehr in a second. (Not that Calgary wants our spare parts, but Carle is younger, the 2nd helps rebuild, Walker is a waste but a cap help for us and Zherdev could make a case to get serious playing time on a depleted Flames squad.

Don't know how interested, if at all, you guys would be, but I'd do it. Rids us of some stuff we dont need and bolsters an already stellar defense.

Pronger-Meszaros
Timonen-Regehr
Coburn-O'Donnell

Boing.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:10 AM
DayoftheGreek

I don't know about the trade proposal, but props to you for being on the, "blow it up!" bandwagon. I find it rather gratifying (when the flyers were doing horrible) to think about.

DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:11 AM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Pronger-Meszaros
Timonen-Regehr
Coburn-O'Donnell

Boing.
That's pretty much what I said except leave Timonen with Coburn. But yeah, boing indeed.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:18 AM
2fast4u2*

Quote:
I like Coburn, but I would eject Carle so fast for Regehr it's crazy. I think we can do with more size on the back end, and Regehr at 6-3 is PERFECT for us.

Carle, Walker, Zherdev and a 2nd for Regehr in a second
. (Not that Calgary wants our spare parts, but Carle is younger, the 2nd helps rebuild, Walker is a waste but a cap help for us and Zherdev could make a case to get serious playing time on a depleted Flames squad.

Don't know how interested, if at all, you guys would be, but I'd do it. Rids us of some stuff we dont need and bolsters an already stellar defense.

Pronger-Meszaros
Timonen-Regehr
Coburn-O'Donnell

Boing.
i sure hope that your not being serious.3 roster players for one depleting dman? get real.

2fast4u2* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:

Carle, Walker, Zherdev and a 2nd for Regehr in a second. (Not that Calgary wants our spare parts, but Carle is younger, the 2nd helps rebuild, Walker is a waste but a cap help for us and Zherdev could make a case to get serious playing time on a depleted Flames squad.

Pronger-Meszaros
Timonen-Regehr
Coburn-O'Donnell

Boing.
lol.. No one will take Walker. Flyers would have to add Nodl like player (not sure how interested Flames would be, I think Flames have Nodl like players and prospects) or a nice prospect that we do not have or a top pick that we can not afford to trade.

Flames would not take Zherdev, they already have Jokinen. Jokinen and Zherdev on one team? lol.

In theory Carle + for Regehr may work. I mean Scott Hannan was traded for Tomas Fleischmann. One time 20 goal scorer, basically 3rd line player with 2nd line potential.

Quote:
i sure hope that your not being serious. 3 roster players for one depleting dman? get real.
Regehr is far from depleting. Walker is not a roster player. Zherdev is nice but will do nothing for Flames, Zherdev suck. You would love Regehr after 1-2 games. basically a younger version of mobile Jason Smith

Last edited by Kaktus*: 12-30-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:32 AM
2fast4u2*

Quote:
lol.. No one will take Walker. Flyers would have to add Nodl like player (not sure how interested Flames would be, I think Flames have Nodl like players and prospects) or a nice prospect that we do not have or a top pick that we can not afford to trade.

Flames would not take Zherdev, they already have Jokinen. Jokinen and Zherdev on one team? lol.

In theory Carle + for Regehr may work. I mean Scott Hannan was traded for Tomas Fleischmann. One time 20 goal scorer, basically 3rd line player with 2nd line potential.

Regehr is far from depleting. Walking is not a roster player. Zherdev is nice but will do nothing for Flames. You would love Regehr after 1-2 games. basically a younger version of mobile Jason Smith
Have you looked at his stats? he has been goin downhill in almost every stat since the 05-06 season......and why would the Flyers wanna screw with a defense that is the TOPS in the league?...i dont understand some of the ppl that are for THIS trade but the ones that DO make sense they are allll over it flaming it...LOL its like wiping b4 you poop.....just dont make ANY sense

Old
12-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Jray42

Wait, you want Matt Carle, Dan Carcillo, Van Riemsdyk AND a 2nd for Robyn Regehr?

ROFLMAO

1. We don't have a big need/ have space for Robyn with Pronger, TImmonen, Carle, Coburn , Meszaros and OD. Take out OD and replace with Regehr? thats a VERY expensive back end.

2. The flyers FO is reputationaly loyal to their players and their wishes. OD came here for the purpose he wants to try to win a cup in his last year, the Flyers on't move him to a rebuilding team.

3. You're not getting JVR, even thought Robyn would be sweet, it's not like it's a dire need, we do allready have the leagues top defensemen corps.

4.Like people said, the only way it couldwork is if you took Carle back. And not much added either, we can't really part with much else. doesn't mean its fair for Calgary, just only what we could do.

5. Calgary and Philadelphia do NOT make great trade partners. The Flyers have the most depleted farm system in the league, and the youngsters we do have in the NHL level are not available for trade ala JVR and Giroux. Calgary want's to blow it up for young roster players/top prospects which we really don't have.

6. Regardless if it's fair for Calgary/ what they want, because it's most likely not, the only thing the Flyers can do is trade Carle + mid pick and or shelley and or walker and or zherdev.

Last edited by Jray42: 12-30-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Jray42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:40 AM
Jray42

Also, the OP has to realize Robyn's trade value is nowhere near what he is asking.

Old
12-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Have you looked at his stats? he has been goin downhill in almost every stat since the 05-06 season......and why would the Flyers wanna screw with a defense that is the TOPS in the league?...i dont understand some of the ppl that are for THIS trade but the ones that DO make sense they are allll over it flaming it...LOL its like wiping b4 you poop.....just dont make ANY sense
His stats? Whats wrong with his stats? He was always 15-20pts shut down mean, mobile and very durable d-men. He is not downhill.. You are not screwing with D by adding Robyn Regehr you are making it better.

I also do not understand fans that judge a player simply by his stats. A bit retarded if you ask me but whatever. I said his stats are very respectable for shut down dmen. Give examples.. What do you mean his stats are down?

Last edited by Kaktus*: 12-30-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old
12-30-2010, 09:46 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
There goes all your credibility.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:53 AM
2fast4u2*

08-09 season 8 pts
09-10 season 17 pts
10-11 season 4 pts so far on pace for MAYBE 10-12 pts

so he isnt a depleting dman?
he has only done 20+ points 3 times in a 11 yr career.....

even MOST of the phantom dmen have more points then he does......

Old
12-30-2010, 09:54 AM
2fast4u2*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
There goes all your credibility.
i just showed the credibilty........he is the Wade Redden of the Flames IMO

Old
12-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Jray42

Quote:
08-09 season 8 pts
09-10 season 17 pts

You do know he isn't an offensive defenseman, right? He's a steady stable strong in the backend defensiv defenseman.

Do we really need Robyn for an extra offensive threat?

Old
12-30-2010, 10:02 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
Throw in JvR and a 2nd and it's a deal. We'll even throw in Glencross.
Counter offer:

O'Donnell

for

Backlund
J-Bo
2nd round pick

doesn't sound so good when you are on the other end, does it?

Quote:
08-09 season 8 pts
09-10 season 17 pts

Judging a shutdown dman by his points totals... you are clearly a savant.

Maybe you and the OP should get together to discuss hockey and leave the rest of us out of it.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:06 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
08-09 season 8 pts
09-10 season 17 pts

He is a shut down d-men on a low scoring non playoff team... His job is to block, hit, fight play against top line, huge amoun on PK. Points is only a bonus just like Jason Smith.

If you would say that Robyn Regehr is a funny looking mofo I would agree.

Old
12-30-2010, 10:13 AM
Jray42

Quote:
He is a shut down d-men on a low scoring non playoff team... His job is to block, hit, fight play against top line, huge amoun on PK. Points is only a bonus just like Jason Smith.

If you would say that Robyn Regehr is a funny looking mofo I would agree.
On top of that, the Flames were a much better team few years ago. Now the fanbase wants to blow the whole team up. Doesnt common sense say that MAYBE a reason his point totals go down a point or two every year could be about less talent around him?

Old
12-30-2010, 10:22 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jray42 View Post
On top of that, the Flames were a much better team few years ago. Now the fanbase wants to blow the whole team up. Doesnt common sense say that MAYBE a reason his point totals go down a point or two every year could be about less talent around him?
Common sense? Come on! This is HFBoards! Common sense is not popular around these parts.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:28 AM
2fast4u2*

And you think that he is STILL worth JVR straight up? let alone all the others in this proposal?? lol

Old
12-30-2010, 10:28 AM
Kaktus*

Quote:
And you think that he is STILL worth JVR straight up? let alone all the others in this proposal?? lol
Who said he is worth JVR? With exception of OP.

Old
12-30-2010, 10:39 AM
2fast4u2*

i dont even think he is worth the others with JVR taken out of it.Not worth it for what the Flyers have already

Old
12-30-2010, 10:41 AM
infidelappel*

This thread is full of special people.

Okay, maybe only a couple...but they're providing a whole ton of dumb.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:43 AM
jb**

Robin has a lot of miles on his body. When he goes south it will be fast and hard imo. For this year, carle and carcillo would be the deal from the flyers end, maybe a pick or prospect. That’s about all. He would be clutch in the playoffs though. Not sure flames move him for that.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:18 AM
JVR21
G

JVR+ for Regehr? Not a chance.

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote