HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

40th Obsequious Banter Thread: 40 Daze and 40 Knights

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-29-2010, 12:15 AM
  #101
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
It's kind of a cycle.

Remember a few years ago (and even now) when the Mac people took every opportunity to trash PC (for no real reason) and now the PC people are going back at them.

I don't have a huge issue with Mac outside of the fact that my sister's warranty plan absolutely sucked. You pay $100 and the only thing it covers is a factory mistake.

Compare that to my Lenovo where they repaired the screen, replaced a fan for me (for free so I didn't have to buy one and they did it in 3 days), and also gave me a free, new CD-ROM drive while they were repairing the fan.
On warranty, I've found that they're actually pretty good. Once you go off though, they nickle and dime the bejezus out of you.

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 12:22 AM
  #102
SnS
Mod Supervisor
 
SnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 12,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Vizio crushes everything at it's price point, I can't imagine going with something else if price is very important.

I have one of their 37s that I bought a few years ago, and it's a great TV.
I love my Vizio, about a year ago or so I bought a 42 inch(I think). Very reasonable price I believe it was around 450$ish.

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/SnS-Sig.gif

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 12:28 AM
  #103
CavemanLawyer
Registered User
 
CavemanLawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ocean City, MD
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Vizio crushes everything at it's price point, I can't imagine going with something else if price is very important.

I have one of their 37s that I bought a few years ago, and it's a great TV.
Bingo. If you want quality and price point Vizio is the best bang for the buck. They are usual on crazy sales or low as hell recert/open box. Thats where I got my 42" 1080p for like 300 bucks refurbed. One of my friends swears by buying refurbed on electronics since before it can be resold it has to pass even more stringent testing and all that. Been like a year now and still going strong.

Man and speaking of games. Ever since I started hardcore browsing CheapAssGamer my ****ing wallet hates me... Sly Cooper Collection for 20 dollars? Bought... DBZ Raging Blast 2 for 20 bucks... Bought. NHL 11 for 30...Bought. Bayonetta for 9 dollars... Bought. Eternal Sonata for 10... Demon's Soul for 14 dollars... etc. etc. Like every day i see a deal and its "Oh cool, that seems cool... and only XYZ dollars!"...

CavemanLawyer is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 12:48 AM
  #104
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,238
vCash: 500
So what are you guys watching?

I'm currently watching this: Link

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 06:55 AM
  #105
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I found it to be pretty easy, but some of the hunter challenges, like kill a bear with a knife are fun.
I'm about 4 hours in and find it pretty easy, but incredibly fun. I'll even say I think I enjoy it more than GTA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
Yes it does, awesome game. Think we had a good few pages going in the Video Game thread when it first came out. Those who haven't played it should pick it up, is most likely discounted if not cheap used at this point...

Speaking of which, anyone who has played it get the Zombie add on? I've heard/read nothing but great reviews for it
I got the Undead Nightmare too for Xmas, gonna finish the original before I try it. It's Undead Nightmare Collection...I think it comes with the 2 other addons as well.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 06:57 AM
  #106
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
I love my Vizio, about a year ago or so I bought a 42 inch(I think). Very reasonable price I believe it was around 450$ish.
Vizio makes good stuff. My dad has an LCD and loves it. And they're pretty cheap...just have to remember they're generally heavier by a few pounds than other LCD TVs on the market. But for the price it's worth it. I'd probably get one unless I found a good deal on a Samsung, Sony, or Sharp.

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 06:59 AM
  #107
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
Bingo. If you want quality and price point Vizio is the best bang for the buck. They are usual on crazy sales or low as hell recert/open box. Thats where I got my 42" 1080p for like 300 bucks refurbed. One of my friends swears by buying refurbed on electronics since before it can be resold it has to pass even more stringent testing and all that. Been like a year now and still going strong.

Man and speaking of games. Ever since I started hardcore browsing CheapAssGamer my ****ing wallet hates me... Sly Cooper Collection for 20 dollars? Bought... DBZ Raging Blast 2 for 20 bucks... Bought. NHL 11 for 30...Bought. Bayonetta for 9 dollars... Bought. Eternal Sonata for 10... Demon's Soul for 14 dollars... etc. etc. Like every day i see a deal and its "Oh cool, that seems cool... and only XYZ dollars!"...
Never heard of it. I'll have to take a look...

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 08:34 AM
  #108
McNasty
Registered User
 
McNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rutgers
Country: United States
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I'm about 4 hours in and find it pretty easy, but incredibly fun. I'll even say I think I enjoy it more than GTA.



I got the Undead Nightmare too for Xmas, gonna finish the original before I try it. It's Undead Nightmare Collection...I think it comes with the 2 other addons as well.
GTA to me was better, because there is just something amusing about running over people in an ambulance while police chase you on foot.

McNasty is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 10:51 AM
  #109
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
Bingo. If you want quality and price point Vizio is the best bang for the buck. They are usual on crazy sales or low as hell recert/open box. Thats where I got my 42" 1080p for like 300 bucks refurbed. One of my friends swears by buying refurbed on electronics since before it can be resold it has to pass even more stringent testing and all that. Been like a year now and still going strong.

Man and speaking of games. Ever since I started hardcore browsing CheapAssGamer my ****ing wallet hates me... Sly Cooper Collection for 20 dollars? Bought... DBZ Raging Blast 2 for 20 bucks... Bought. NHL 11 for 30...Bought. Bayonetta for 9 dollars... Bought. Eternal Sonata for 10... Demon's Soul for 14 dollars... etc. etc. Like every day i see a deal and its "Oh cool, that seems cool... and only XYZ dollars!"...
yeah I am on CAG as well. Lowball sales are what get me

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 11:02 AM
  #110
Stockholm Syndrome
____________________
 
Stockholm Syndrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: O'Neals Pub
Country: United States
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
I make a fantastic tuna sandwich. OM NOM.

Stockholm Syndrome is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 12:47 PM
  #111
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Anyone have any recommendations for a mouse?

I'm thinking of going with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Perfo.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

Also considering:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-0...3648457&sr=1-1

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 12:48 PM
  #112
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Vizio crushes everything at it's price point, I can't imagine going with something else if price is very important.

I have one of their 37s that I bought a few years ago, and it's a great TV.
Just another vote for Vizio. Got a 50 " plasma a couple years ago...and love it.

Jules801 is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 01:47 PM
  #113
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
I actually think I'm gonna go with the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-B75-...&s=electronics

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 01:52 PM
  #114
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I actually think I'm gonna go with the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-B75-...&s=electronics
If you aren't going to pay for an overpriced gaming mouse then you probably won't be disappointed by any middle of the road mouse.

If you want to deal with a mail in rebate, this mouse is much better and cheaper:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104178

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 02:13 PM
  #115
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
If you aren't going to pay for an overpriced gaming mouse then you probably won't be disappointed by any middle of the road mouse.

If you want to deal with a mail in rebate, this mouse is much better and cheaper:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104178
I looked into that. It was $55 at Best Buy. I have a $25 gift card though, so if I get the Intellimouse I get it for $15. Cheapest I found for the MX518 is $37. I could, of course, attempt ***** out Best Buy until they cave and match the Amazon price.

You seem to get a lot more for the MX518, not sure if I'd want all the extra buttons and crap. And the wheel isn't supposed to be too good outside of gaming. I'll be using the mouse 90% of the time for browsing. That's why I leaned toward the Intellimouse.


Last edited by JLHockeyKnight: 12-29-2010 at 02:56 PM.
JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
12-29-2010, 03:58 PM
  #116
Jray42
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Anyone have any recommendations for a mouse?

I'm thinking of going with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Perfo.../ref=pd_cp_e_1

Also considering:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-910-0...3648457&sr=1-1
if you havent decided on one yet, I'd go with the second one. looks like its better shaped to fit the hand, idk just how I see it.

On the HDTV stuff, we have a 40" Sony and a 46" Samsung, and samsung is by far the better picture.

its also because the ratio per pixel is 50,000:1, and the Sony is only 7,000:1, but hey!

I wanted the 250,000:1 ratio... but NOOOO.. of course im the only one

Jray42 is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 01:21 PM
  #117
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,122
vCash: 500
I have a friend who says she is immunocompromised, and told he she will not touch a drink after being 8 months after no longer being so. She's had shingles, a staph infection or something 2 years ago, had strep throat, tonsils don't look normal (even though it feels fine). Thing is though, she never drinks. Maybe like rarely. I could see if she was someone who was like an alcoholic or something, but she rarely drinks. I've never heard of this in my life; that alcohol outside of the hangover or drinking too much, deliberately weakens your immune system and makes you more physcially ill as a result. Has anyone else?

GKJ is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 01:26 PM
  #118
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
I have a few friends that have allergic type reactions to most alcohols

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 01:29 PM
  #119
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 111,122
vCash: 500
She's not allergic though. She doesn't drink, so how could drinking have anything to do with this?

GKJ is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 01:46 PM
  #120
HoverCarle*
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,859
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
yeah well I have never heard of that kind of situation. Worst I have heard is allergies

HoverCarle* is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 02:48 PM
  #121
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,238
vCash: 500
Well I'm going skiing tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's just the two of us . And asked her out for a New Years celebration.

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 02:55 PM
  #122
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Well I'm going skiing tomorrow morning. Hopefully it's just the two of us . And asked her out for a New Years celebration.
Wow, how many months has it been and you still are trying to escape the friend zone with this girl?

How has it been since the semester ended because her big claim was that she didn't have time for you due to school work loads?

agrudez* is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 03:14 PM
  #123
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,238
vCash: 500
I honestly have nothing else to do. Still can't find a job and so on, and it's good to get out, so I'm happy either way. Also, all we have is vodka in the house and I want something else . Also, she didn't have much time for anyone. But you know she plans things ahead by at least a month to do things. Seriously though, I've been all kinds of bored here at home, even though I do have lots of video games, which included RDR and Mass Effect 2 to keep me busy. Also, have you gone skiing before?

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 03:24 PM
  #124
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I honestly have nothing else to do. Still can't find a job and so on, and it's good to get out, so I'm happy either way. Also, all we have is vodka in the house and I want something else . Also, she didn't have much time for anyone. But you know she plans things ahead by at least a month to do things. Seriously though, I've been all kinds of bored here at home, even though I do have lots of video games, which included RDR and Mass Effect 2 to keep me busy. Also, have you gone skiing before?
I can't even roller blade, I am pretty sure I would quite literally die if I tried to ski.

agrudez* is offline  
Old
12-30-2010, 03:27 PM
  #125
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I can't even roller blade, I am pretty sure I would quite literally die if I tried to ski.
Oh I sucked at snowboarding but I wasn't too bad on skis, but man, my left ankle really had something wrong with it the last time I skied. If only I could rollerblade fine, my lower back feels like it's on fire after 10 minutes of doing it because I've smashed my tailbone twice when I was younger. But yeah, it should be a fun time with her, I went skiing with her the last time and only other time I went skiing. The only sucky part is, I'm going to be watching the Flyers game... but we are leaving around 7AM . Damn you sleep...

SolidSnakeUS is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.