HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

2011 Inagural Dynasty League (Hoping!)

Old
12-16-2010, 11:06 PM
Suits97

vCash: 500
2011 Inagural Dynasty League (Hoping!)

Hey all, I've been trying to gather together a group of people to start a dynasty league next year but have been having some trouble getting responses on Yahoo. This site strikes me as having a much more reliable hockey fan base compared to Yahoo so I'll copy and paste my original post to these boards and hope to hear from you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Do you eat, sleep and dream hockey all year round?

Are you getting tired of Yahoo public leagues where half the people don't show up after the draft?

Maybe looking for something a little more challenging than your standard league setups to show off your knowledge?

Wanting to prove you really ARE a better GM than Brian Burke?

Well I am too and that's why I'm looking into starting a dynasty league next season and am hoping to start by recruiting some passionate and dedicated managers from here.

Nothing is set in stone yet but here are a few of the key points you that will form the foundation of the league:

1. Will be H2H format.
2. Will be held on FanTrax. (much better than Yahoo for anyone who hasn't used it)
3. Will feature 16 teams minimum, with 20 likely being the maximum depending on response volume.
4. Year one will likely be "just for pride" to make sure we're all on the same page however all subsequent years will involve an entry fee to be paid prior to each season and cash prizes will be doled out from the money generated by this.
5. There will be a minor league system for drafting prospects.
6. Rosters will be deep.

I only want the most serious and competitive of managers involved in this league so if you can't check and maintain your rosters on a daily basis don't bother responding to this post. Also if you're not willing to pay an entry fee after the first year don't apply because the overall goal of this league is to be a prize league.

Having been commissioner of quite a few other leagues I am hoping to take those experiences and make this one my best yet but can only do that with the help of other quality managers.

If this sounds like something you'd like to be involved with, please send me an email at coachbombay9@yahoo.ca detailing a little bit about yourself (age, location, favourite player/team are all good starting spots) and why I should consider you as a member. Also if you have any questions let me know, though keep in mind stats and exact roster positions are not yet determined.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think the main hold up is that I want to transform it into a prize league following year 1, so the 2012-13 season. I know it sketches a lot of people out giving money to people they've never met but I'm hoping by competing against each other for a year before money is involved it will ease the fear of getting ripped off.

As I've said on the Yahoo boards, I'm very serious about starting a quality league which should be obvious by the fact I am recruiting for the 2011 season before we're even half way through the 2010 season.

You can also contact me with a message on this site as I will be checking back frequently.

Suits97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Suits97

Quick update, thanks for the inquires thus far! The most asked question thus far has been how much would the buy in be and I should have stated this in the original post but I will now. The goal of the entry fee is simply to keep things a little more competitive and help avoid guys from tanking on purpose so I'm not looking for too much. $20 is probably about as much as I would expect anyone to pay.

Old
12-21-2010, 05:03 AM
Suits97

Still taking applications keep em' coming!

Old
12-30-2010, 02:54 AM
Suits97

Christmas holidays bump!

I realize that a lot of people don't want to put up money in a league which they don't know the people involved but I want to reiterate that money is NOT involved year one. I only mention now that money will be involved second year because I want everyone to know the plan is to make it a prize league so that we're all on the same page and no one throws down the old "oh I don't want to pay for this league replace me". Finding replacements is a pain in the ass so I want everyone to know what they're getting into from the start.

Old
12-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Suits97

I've been getting some feedback that the email address I provided isn't allowing people to send emails there for some reason so if you're interested just send me a PM on this site.

Thanks!