HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - Who cares if it's real or fake?

Closed Thread

Old
12-29-2010, 07:13 PM
CTU2fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Look back a couple pages or so... there was a question about a Juniors jersey being customized with Ranger kit type pieces -- not 'Liberty' though, IIRC -- Answer was that the place the SkateZone in Voorhees sends their work out to... the one that sews professional, on-ice quality, and does the Flyers actual jerseys... can do it, but it is at a higher cost than the Flyers Winter Classic ($65.00 +tax) and would be about $100.00 or so. This may be a lead for you to follow up on with a call there.

HTH
Awesome...I will look into them. I'll probably check with sportsk and River City too, I've gotten jerseys from them before with no problems but not sure if they sew on a used jersey or not.

Old
12-29-2010, 07:42 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Decided to go with the Away Powe since I already have an Authentic Betts (black) and an authentic orange jersey (Sbisa). Now I play the waiting game.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
12-29-2010, 07:59 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTU2fan View Post
Awesome...I will look into them. I'll probably check with sportsk and River City too, I've gotten jerseys from them before with no problems but not sure if they sew on a used jersey or not.
Please excuse me for repeating myself on here -- I've mentioned this more than once over the last month -- but I took them an old Flyers customized Knuble Black Premier with the single-ply heat pressed crap... I asked for it to be converted to a Leino. They refused to remove the old nameplate for fear of damaging it and the labor intensive work to do so... which I understood 100%... but agreed to put a plate over the Knuble one. I mentioned that the orange color shade is a bit off from the usual two-ply ones that they would be using, and asked them to look out for that... They wrote that as instructions on the tag to their shop; I saw the note when I got it back. The cost was $25.00 because that is a two-ply lettering as opposed to the single ply on the new home and away plates which would have been under $20.00 to do, IIRC... When it came back it was a great color match and terrific job. The only slight flaw was that if you came up real, real close you could see the micro-tiny part of the lower plate under... but only if it is pointed out to you and you looked very close for it. I imagine the black plate was made a hair off in size between the ones they do and the stock Premier it covered. I had a new Leino jersey for $25.00 and now it won't hang in my closet being a second jersey -- the unsigned one -- of an ex-player.

So, my point is that yes, they do do work on used jerseys without questioning it... and they do match up color tint variations between jerseys and years.

... I really should ask SkateZone for a commission with as much of a sales pitch I've made for them on this thread.

Old
12-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Decided to go with the Away Powe since I already have an Authentic Betts (black) and an authentic orange jersey (Sbisa). Now I play the waiting game.
Nevermind, maybe i'm not. It comes up with the message when I try to add the jersey to my cart.

"An error has occurred: There is not enough quantity for this item. There are only 0 available. Please revise your quantity number accordingly."

I've been exchanging emails with the sales department throughout the day about the jerseys and now it seems that their email is full so I can't contact them about it right now

Old
12-29-2010, 10:42 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Nevermind, maybe i'm not. It comes up with the message when I try to add the jersey to my cart.

"An error has occurred: There is not enough quantity for this item. There are only 0 available. Please revise your quantity number accordingly."

I've been exchanging emails with the sales department throughout the day about the jerseys and now it seems that their email is full so I can't contact them about it right now
What can you say... Powe is just so hot... lower your standards.

Old
12-30-2010, 07:28 AM
Mosetter27

hollywood cannon where are you ordering from?

Old
12-30-2010, 10:02 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjd624 View Post
hollywood cannon where are you ordering from?
meigray

Old
12-30-2010, 10:20 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Oh well looks like the Powe Away isn't on MeiGray anymore. Might be an omen that it's not worth spending the money right now.

Old
12-30-2010, 11:23 AM
PuckBoy33

Snooze N' Lose

Quote:
Oh well looks like the Powe Away isn't on MeiGray anymore. Might be an omen that it's not worth spending the money right now.
You waited too long. I pre-ordered the Powe yesterday with my Xmas bonus. Sorry.

Old
12-30-2010, 12:28 PM
PuckBoy33

Fetish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Please excuse me for repeating myself on here -- I've mentioned this more than once over the last month -- but I took them an old Flyers customized Knuble Black Premier with the single-ply heat pressed crap... I asked for it to be converted to a Leino. They refused to remove the old nameplate for fear of damaging it and the labor intensive work to do so... which I understood 100%... but agreed to put a plate over the Knuble one. I mentioned that the orange color shade is a bit off from the usual two-ply ones that they would be using, and asked them to look out for that... They wrote that as instructions on the tag to their shop; I saw the note when I got it back. The cost was $25.00 because that is a two-ply lettering as opposed to the single ply on the new home and away plates which would have been under $20.00 to do, IIRC... When it came back it was a great color match and terrific job. The only slight flaw was that if you came up real, real close you could see the micro-tiny part of the lower plate under... but only if it is pointed out to you and you looked very close for it. I imagine the black plate was made a hair off in size between the ones they do and the stock Premier it covered. I had a new Leino jersey for $25.00 and now it won't hang in my closet being a second jersey -- the unsigned one -- of an ex-player.

So, my point is that yes, they do do work on used jerseys without questioning it... and they do match up color tint variations between jerseys and years.

... I really should ask SkateZone for a commission with as much of a sales pitch I've made for them on this thread.

Sounds like a borderline obsession. Maybe A&E will do a reality series on jersey collectors.

Old
12-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckBoy33 View Post
Sounds like a borderline obsession. Maybe A&E will do a reality series on jersey collectors.
Well, I'm glad you said "borderline"... I guess.

Hobbies and interests are a personal thing... and can be admired by some, while they can make other shake their heads. I was once told by an old mentor of mine that one should never tell anybody what they spend on their hobby; they are most always disproportionate to common sense and seem a waste to those who have no interest... no matter the expenditures, even the low ones.

I have a minor jersey collection that is not anywhere near a quality one, nor is it one that holds to minor detail -- although I am anal with certain points... such as a player has to have worn that style and year jersey and has to have had the patches on the jerseys on the ones they wore -- I have mostly replicas and some do not have on-ice style customization... Most I either have signed or plan to get signed. I mostly have them signed myself rather than buying pre-signed... and when possible I have them sign it to me (my name) personally, thus they are really worth less to other collectors but worth more to me.

I have worn all my jerseys to games -- I attend at minimum half the home games and some road games each season plus at least half the postseason and preseason games so I have had a lot of opportunities to wear them all -- I play it by ear who which to wear on what games... and work in past players with certain occasions and certain teams (Knuble/Washington... Recchi/Boston... Leach/Clarke for retro occasions... Olympic jerseys around the Olympics, etc. -- So my obsession is kind practical also... and I never spend retail so it really is not a great luxury nor a waste of money.

All that said, is is an obsession and I always say I don't need another jersey since I have more than enough to wear to games... but somehow another one pops up in my closet.

A&E may find it interesting... as may the Health Channel when its topic is mental health.

Old
12-30-2010, 02:01 PM
flountown

Yeah I think I am addicted to buying jerseys. I search eBay and other sites and constantly convince myself it's too good of a deal to pass up. Recently bought a Thornton Pooh Bear jersey for 65 shipped. A customized authentic with some rarity value was just too good of a deal at 65 bucks...

Hi, my name is Drew and I'm a jersey-holic...

Old
12-30-2010, 02:40 PM
Mosetter27

Crowd: hi drew

Old
12-30-2010, 08:35 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

i thought you were gettin the 1500 pronger jersey puckboy?

Old
12-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
Yeah I think I am addicted to buying jerseys. I search eBay and other sites and constantly convince myself it's too good of a deal to pass up. Recently bought a Thornton Pooh Bear jersey for 65 shipped. A customized authentic with some rarity value was just too good of a deal at 65 bucks...

Hi, my name is Drew and I'm a jersey-holic...
that is a great deal for $65, i paid about $90 for mine and will surely double my money moving it (it's too big).

Old
12-30-2010, 09:36 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
You waited too long. I pre-ordered the Powe yesterday with my Xmas bonus. Sorry.
did you get in on the buy one get one sale?

i went to order the 50% off brind'amour and it sold AS i was clicking. what awful luck.

all i got was a tra thomas eagles gamer. was tempted to get a pitkanen and handzus but couldnt justify the money even at half price. i bought all three zus retail authentics for $50 each, now i have to pop like $300 for a gamer?

Old
12-31-2010, 01:43 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Duberstein View Post
that is a great deal for $65, i paid about $90 for mine and will surely double my money moving it (it's too big).
What size? I bought a 46, which is probably a hair too small for me? If they are in the same condition perhaps we can work out a trade.

Old
01-01-2011, 04:43 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

speaking of meigray, does anyone on here own any signifigant gameworn jerseys? Like star players (from any team).

Old
01-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Hollywood Couturier

If I could work for another month I'd buy a Stastny jersey. Sadly I have go go back to school Monday and won't be working.

Old
01-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Mosetter27

Hey flou,

the pronger on consignment on Meigray is that robs form IJ? i could have swore that he bought that

Old
01-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Hey guys I got a Forsberg Nordiques jersey from ECsellers a while back and it was enormous. I was wondering if anyone knows if all their jersey's run big cause I want to buy it again ( I sold the old one to my buddy).

I got an XL so I'm thinking I'll get a L this time around, but I don't know if I should even go smaller cause the XL was so over sized.

Old
01-02-2011, 04:36 PM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest View Post
Hey guys I got a Forsberg Nordiques jersey from ECsellers a while back and it was enormous. I was wondering if anyone knows if all their jersey's run big cause I want to buy it again ( I sold the old one to my buddy).

I got an XL so I'm thinking I'll get a L this time around, but I don't know if I should even go smaller cause the XL was so over sized.
Any purchase will be a gamble. HFBoards has also put their foot down in regards to the discussion of fake jersey sites. Buy a nice replica from a legitimate source that has customer service accountability, like http://www.sportsk.com/quebec.html and problem solved.

Old
01-03-2011, 01:25 PM
PuckBoy33

Still wearing First Sets?

Are the Flyers still wearing their First Set road whites? I remember Briere's jersey had a funky looking NHL crest at the neck (like somebody cut the shield points off of it) early in the season. During the Kings game Coatsey interviewed DB and the shield on his jersey looked the same way. Richards had the same "defective" NHL shield on his.

Does anybody have word from MeiGray on this?

Thanks.

Old
01-03-2011, 01:32 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Are the Flyers still wearing their First Set road whites? I remember Briere's jersey had a funky looking NHL crest at the neck (like somebody cut the shield points off of it) early in the season. During the Kings game Coatsey interviewed DB and the shield on his jersey looked the same way. Richards had the same "defective" NHL shield on his.

Does anybody have word from MeiGray on this?

Thanks.
I already answered this earlier in the thread. The second sets were first worn against Vancouver.

Old
01-03-2011, 02:46 PM
PuckBoy33

Snip, snip?

So Briere or the equipment manager is cutting/altering the NHL shield patch on the road jerseys? Check it out:

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/10...y-Images-Sport SET ONE

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/10...y-Images-Sport SET TWO

Closed Thread