HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TH Season 8.33; Season of the Fustercluck

Closed Thread

Old
12-30-2010, 12:34 PM
Jaydepps

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jaydepps
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I would demote Wingrave to 3rd pairing and put Petterqvist with Savard. He is the most suited for a defensive role of the 5 and he also doesn't seem to be having TOO much success on that 1st pairing since he is a -1.

Plus, Petterqvist and Savard will be nasty together and I wouldn't break up Wiggum and Bolund if you paid me with their current production.
Thanks for the tips. That is what I was leaning towards. Wingrave will move to the third pairing with Russel and Holbrock will play the fourth pairing with either Søndergård or Spencer.

Old
12-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Start Leighton*

I keep tweaking my lines and tactics and I finally think I am starting to get them right with a 5-0 win.
So the goalie I traded for Mcilquham posted a shutout in his first game. Granted it was against a horrible team but still nice to see. I really like the trade for me I mean he is a year and 6 months younger than Rapier, 1.2 mil cheaper and gaining good TI while Rapier had pretty much stopped gaining TI.

Old
12-30-2010, 01:27 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
lost. 2-5

Old
12-30-2010, 01:35 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
I keep tweaking my lines and tactics and I finally think I am starting to get them right with a 5-0 win.
So the goalie I traded for Mcilquham posted a shutout in his first game. Granted it was against a horrible team but still nice to see. I really like the trade for me I mean he is a year and 6 months younger than Rapier, 1.2 mil cheaper and gaining good TI while Rapier had pretty much stopped gaining TI.
Indeed, it was a great trade. I honestly have no idea why the other coach would have proposed it, do you have incriminating evidence against him of some sort?

Also, I dare you to use that 1.2M you saved to go try and snipe Harv again.

Old
12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Start Leighton*

Quote:
Indeed, it was a great trade. I honestly have no idea why the other coach would have proposed it, do you have incriminating evidence against him of some sort?

Also, I dare you to use that 1.2M you saved to go try and snipe Harv again.
Na instead of that I am going to go to my max bid for this ******* http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=578296

Old
12-30-2010, 01:51 PM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
Na instead of that I am going to go to my max bid for this ******* http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=578296
He is good and all, but there is no way you can retain him next season with an 84 average. He is certainly no Touzin, either.

Old
12-30-2010, 02:04 PM
agrudez*

I was just reprimanded by Lockar about attacking Murray on the boards. I responded with a plea for the troll to be dealt with by the mods so that we didn't have to.

What is the over/under he responds with a "FUUUU" and then proposes a trade **** to me?

Old
12-30-2010, 02:09 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
I was just reprimanded by Lockar about attacking Murray on the boards. I responded with a plea for the troll to be dealt with by the mods so that we didn't have to.

What is the over/under he responds with a "FUUUU" and then proposes a trade **** to me?
People on TH are too funny. Us vets ***** about the game, the newbs ***** about how hard it is to beat vets and I ***** about people *****ing about the game.

There are some particluarly loud trolls on the boards though. They need to be told to shut the **** up.

Old
12-30-2010, 02:57 PM
agrudez*

In Lockar's defense, as much **** as we all give him - some deserved, so perhaps not - he did tell me he recognizes Murray's troll like habits and promised to keep a firmer grasp on it moving forward.

Old
12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
L-train*

Send a message via AIM to L-train*
Quote:
In Lockar's defense, as much **** as we all give him - some deserved, so perhaps not - he did tell me he recognizes Murray's troll like habits and promised to keep a firmer grasp on it moving forward.
TH moderator being a moderator? I say! :p

Good thing, it'll be necessary going forward.

Old
12-30-2010, 04:28 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Hmm... in Lockar's defense, I'm not sure that even he could keep a firmer grasp on it than he already has...

Old
12-30-2010, 04:36 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:

JC is a ******.

The game isn't as broken as people think. In fact, any changes to a game's economy (or anything's economy, really) takes time to filter through. For people to be asking for crazy things like resets after FA has barely been implemented is just stupid.

Also, manually sorting teams into new leagues by, say, strength or budget would improve things but would be a huge undertaking that probably wouldn't be implemented smoothly.

So, instead, some people suggest the compromise of increasing promotion and relegation and JC gets all pissy. I really don't think he is a trolling. He, like a number of posters there, probably just has a mild form of OCD or something.

There is no point in doing a reset until the actual end of Beta (still probably two years away at this rate) and, by then, all of the bugged players will be on the decline or retired and there won't be a need for a reset anyway.

Old
12-30-2010, 04:38 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
He is a dman, so it is my understanding that that does not matter. However, this season his PP and ES lines have both been DnC, last season his line was combinations at ES and DnC on the PP, iirc.
I am not sure that it matters directly but he definitely working with other players that share the same strengths and operate on a strategy that reflects those strengths.

Old
12-30-2010, 05:31 PM
huntercp

Valhoun, it's going to be 8-10 seasons before the bugged players are gone. Two calendar years is close to when most of the bugged players will be gone but I have a feeling the developers want the BETA tag to come off much sooner than that.

If you dig back through the talent bug threads Nik explicitly says that under the original plans the top pick of Canada 1.1 was supposed to be around a 75 AVG when he was completely finished developing. Just as an example I have a player that's 24 that has a 77 AVG that I drafted in 3.4 he's definitely bugged to hell and back.

Last edited by huntercp: 12-30-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old
12-30-2010, 08:35 PM
L-train*

We all have bugged players. I don't think it's much of an issue, really, as long as it's allowed to just work its way to completion. No sense in forcing a roster reset when said players can still be attained via FA.

Old
12-30-2010, 10:27 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntercp View Post
Valhoun, it's going to be 8-10 seasons before the bugged players are gone. Two calendar years is close to when most of the bugged players will be gone but I have a feeling the developers want the BETA tag to come off much sooner than that.

If you dig back through the talent bug threads Nik explicitly says that under the original plans the top pick of Canada 1.1 was supposed to be around a 75 AVG when he was completely finished developing. Just as an example I have a player that's 24 that has a 77 AVG that I drafted in 3.4 he's definitely bugged to hell and back.
Nik was also commenting on (in a positive way) and well aware of "bugged" players well before it became an issue.

In fact, it really only became an issue after he decided to implement pro leagues as an alternate revenue stream and was afraid that 1.1 would be so close to those leagues in talent that players wouldn't pay extra.

I don't want to get banned on the official forums but it is total ******** that players were ever bugged. Nik just wanted a greater separation from free and pay leagues.

He LITERALLY commented on other GMs great draft players (in a positive way) and wished they were on his team before he changed his tune. That is irrefutable.

Old
12-30-2010, 10:55 PM
Rizer

It has been awhile, but I'm still playing the game and it is my 3rd season in charge of the Hannover Angels. I bought some TP and upgraded some things, bought some new players, fired some useless ones and made some trades.

Right now I'm leading Germany League 2.2 Oceanic in the overall standings and looking strong. I had a 9 game unbeaten streak going and am mostly looking to get my roster settled by moving out older players and signing younger free agents.

I don't know much about the drama over there as I don't post on the TH forums, but I'm still loving the game and check it daily. Hopefully I can manage to win some trophies some time in the future or at least make an impact this season.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:30 AM
whatthef
Failure is an Option

I lost in the SO today, but so far this season my team looks like a beast. If I don't at least make it to the finals this year I will be majorly disappointed.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:31 AM
L-train*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Nik was also commenting on (in a positive way) and well aware of "bugged" players well before it became an issue.

In fact, it really only became an issue after he decided to implement pro leagues as an alternate revenue stream and was afraid that 1.1 would be so close to those leagues in talent that players wouldn't pay extra.

I don't want to get banned on the official forums but it is total ******** that players were ever bugged. Nik just wanted a greater separation from free and pay leagues.

He LITERALLY commented on other GMs great draft players (in a positive way) and wished they were on his team before he changed his tune. That is irrefutable.
All I'll say is that I concur with Val, here.

Last edited by L-train*: 12-31-2010 at 12:36 AM.
Old
12-31-2010, 01:31 AM
OriginJM
watch out im smart

Hey guys, looking to cut some salary so does anyone want this guy?

http://trophyhockey.org/player.php?id=317457

Literally I'll probably take anything. Anything at all.

Young'ns are always nice.

Old
12-31-2010, 01:52 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post

I suspect it was a little of both, actually. The season 4 draft seemed significantly better than the ones before it too. I don't doubt that the pro leagues brought on an ulterior motive, but that draft was just wonky all the way around.

Old
12-31-2010, 02:00 AM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post

You should be able to get some halfway decent return if you trade him to a lower league.

Old
12-31-2010, 10:11 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginJM View Post

Did you get my PMs here and on TH by any chance?

Btw, bravo Val, that good laugh almost let me forget about losing in the SO because my backup goalie let in 3 goals on 14 shots.

Last edited by agrudez*: 12-31-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old
12-31-2010, 10:39 AM
ilovetheflyers8

****, I lost versus the best team in my conference. We have been going back and forth for first place, but they scored on me on ES and PP, and I only scored on them on the PP twice despite having 7 chances. What's weird though is I had a guy who was injured but his fitness was 88 so I thought I could just leave him in, but apparently not, because he was replaced with a benched forward with ****** defense and played on my defensive line. That line was -1, if I had someone else there the game might've been different.

Old
12-31-2010, 11:14 AM
L-train*

New thread;
Http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?p=29882163

Closed Thread