HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ty Anderson:Has Tomas Kaberle Become Boston's Only Option?

Old
12-30-2010, 10:08 PM
baton elevated

vCash: 500
First off, there's no way the bruins are sending the leafs their 1st rounder back. Second of all, the bruins will need "a" Kaberle type, if they hope to contend with the likes of Phily, Wash,and Pitts . Just to get out of the first 2 rounds will be a challenge so all the help they can get will go a long way. Having said that, I could see a trade between these two teams, something like Kaberle + for boston's 1st and Colborne possibly. this makes more sense. Of course the B's need to shed salary so Ryder or something comparable would have to go as well.

baton elevated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:10 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguins Dragon View Post
But its not within the realm of possability... not at all.

I am not sure when the last time a top 2 pick was on a great team... Boston is in a very unique and great position... They can build for a winner now, while having Toronto due the tanking for them and be built for the future as well... Other than that, I am not sure the rest of that paragraph what you're attempting to say...

You're trying to justify Boston trading Seguin because right now he isn't an impact player... but you seem to think or trying to make some argument that due to this his value to Boston has diminished, therefore they should expect diminished returns via trade.... What you're failing to understand... If Seguin blossoms into the player expecting him to be... trading him now for 22-38 games of Kaberle is NOT worth it and would go down as the worst trade this decade.

If Boston can't get the PMD they desire... fine, we will persue Kaberle or someone else in the offseason, not give up assets and fix our problem than.

Boston isn't in desperation mode... if we can't get the player we want without a hyper inflated unrealistic price that your settting... fine, we will just target those players on July 1st, or make a trade in the offseason... Boston's cup window is NOT closing... if anything I feel next year and the year after is the most ideal window for Boston to win a cup.

I rather us walk away from a deal for Kaberle than give completly unsubstantial overpayment like your suggesting it would take... because it wouldn't.

Burke would ask for Tor's 1st and Chia would say "no dice"... not even Burke is dumb enough to ask for Seguin, its out of the question.
It absolutely is for the right player. Like I said, if all of the impending UFA puckmovers sign extensions/become unavailable, and Kaberle agrees to waive, you better bet that Chiarelli will strongly consider it.

Seguin's value to Boston would be absolutely diminished compared to other teams who had a player like him. They've got Krejci, Bergeron, and Savard all locked up. Their window to win a cup is now with Tim Thomas standing on his head and Zdeno Chara still extremely dominant. If the players that Boston needs are unavailable on July 1, they'll have relatively little choice. May not be straight up, the specific details really are a moot point because Kaberle's not going anywhere, but the fact is that if Chiarelli has a chance to put his team over the top today, he's not going to let the potential of Tyler Seguin get in the way of doing that. He's not an important player to the team's success. He's more valuable than Colborne/Wheeler/Caron, but there's no imaginary line that makes him practically untouchable and those guys not. It's all about how much Boston values whatever they are getting to determine just how much value they're willing to give up.

You'd rather walk away from a Kaberle deal, I'm sure Chiarelli would rather pick up a cup ring.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
That pick isn't being moved for anything short of a young controlled impact player IMO (which makes any deal unlikely). Thomas Kaberle is a 32 year old UFA to be with a NTC. He'd have a hard time returning a late first.
No to Kaberle period.

The Bruins need a young PMD who plays defense with passion. I prefer that the Bruins stick with their present defense rather than add Kaberle.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfried View Post
It absolutely is for the right player. Like I said, if all of the impending UFA puckmovers sign extensions/become unavailable, and Kaberle agrees to waive, you better bet that Chiarelli will strongly consider it.

Seguin's value to Boston would be absolutely diminished compared to other teams who had a player like him. They've got Krejci, Bergeron, and Savard all locked up. Their window to win a cup is now with Tim Thomas standing on his head and Zdeno Chara still extremely dominant. If the players that Boston needs are unavailable on July 1, they'll have relatively little choice. May not be straight up, the specific details really are a moot point because Kaberle's not going anywhere, but the fact is that if Chiarelli has a chance to put his team over the top today, he's not going to let the potential of Tyler Seguin get in the way of doing that. He's not an important player to the team's success. He's more valuable than Colborne/Wheeler/Caron, but there's no imaginary line that makes him practically untouchable and those guys not. It's all about how much Boston values whatever they are getting to determine just how much value they're willing to give up.

You'd rather walk away from a Kaberle deal, I'm sure Chiarelli would rather pick up a cup ring.
Yes, but there are no garuntees in life, and if Chia made that deal, he would be lynched because its a horrible horrible horrible deal.

You don't trade potential franchise players for rentals... that is bottom line.

If we are talking offseason... well than...

I would trade Seguin for the following...

Weber
Doughty
Byfuglien
Jack Johnson

All RFA, and other than Doughty, I am sure if Seguin was included in a deal, something could be made for one of these guys, who all pretty are equal to or greater than Kaberle, as well as 10+ years or more younger

Why you attemping to paint a picture that isn't there??>.. Boston's cup window is at least 5 years, with the best 2 years being next year and the season after.

No need to panic or go into desperation... like I said, if Burke wouldn't accept Bos 1st + Min 2nd + Alexandrov\Some other B prospect... fine, Boston will just try to sign him July 1st.

Seguins Dragon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:23 PM
JPavs8Clutchy*

Kaberle has become so overrated.

James Wisniewski, a top-4 defenseman, was just traded for a 2nd and 5th. They won't stoop down to trading the ridiculous amount Leafs fans are asking for for Kaberle.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:29 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Yes, but there are no garuntees in life, and if Chia made that deal, he would be lynched because its a horrible horrible horrible deal.

Weber
Doughty
Byfuglien
Jack Johnson

All RFA, and other than Doughty, I am sure if Seguin was included in a deal, something could be made for one of these guys, who all pretty are equal to or greater than Kaberle, as well as 10+ years or more younger

Why you attemping to paint a picture that isn't there??>.. Boston's cup window is at least 5 years, with the best 2 years being next year and the season after.

No need to panic or go into desperation... like I said, if Burke wouldn't accept Bos 1st + Min 2nd + Alexandrov\Some other B prospect... fine, Boston will just try to sign him July 1st.
Colborne is a potential franchise player too... you as against trading him? The only difference between them is the likelyhood to rreach that potenial.

If we're talking offseason, you wouldn't get Weber or Doughty for Seguin. Kaberle is a significantly better defenceman than JJ or Byfuglien. That also requires Chiarelli to sacrifice a very good shot at the Stanley Cup.

Saying that a cup window is best in 2 years is completely ridiculous. Nobody knows what's happening in the future. What we do know is that Boston is very close to a Stanley Cup right now, and desparate for a top end puckmover.

Like I said, there's no reason to make Seguin untouchable and guys like Wheeler/Colborne/Caron tradeable. It's all a matter of how much the B's value what they are getting back to determine which of the young guys they are willing to trade. If Chiarelli decides he really wants Seguin but isn't willing to give up that much potential for Kaberle (especially if he walks)... it expands to something like Kaberle + Kadri + a conditional pick for Seguin + Wheeler, the specifics really aren't important to my point. For Kaberle to be traded, they will have to find a deal that works for both sides, and Seguin certainly isn't untouchable to make that happen.

Last edited by seanlinden: 12-30-2010 at 10:43 PM.
seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:29 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:

Weber
Doughty
Byfuglien
Jack Johnson

at most 5 years.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote