HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So now what?

Old
12-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Coldplay
Courage

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Yet he lost his spot to Curtis ****ing Sanford.
Facts don't matter.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:00 AM
Habblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
If it wasn't for that gift goal we'd have been shutout 2 games in a row and only have 1 goal in 3 games. We need a change, perhaps a couple of rookies might be a spark. Ryan White for physicality and David Desharnais for the powerplay.

And the guy they got for him is the best goalie in the KHL atm and has already said he'd like to play in the NHL. What's the issue?
You`re exactly right with bringing up the rookies.Not sure what in **** they`re waiting for.......But how is a goalie in the KHL going to help us this year ?

Habblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:02 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Facts don't matter.
Ok then I guess...

Desjardins is the next Patrick Roy.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:03 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Ok then I guess...

Desjardins is the next Patrick Roy.
And Symbian > Android.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:04 AM
DDs not undersized
Former Partisan duCH

Quote:
Because of course, the development of young players is something that is absolutely linear. So if Subban loses his spot to Picard, I guess that means he's a bust and we should trade him?

DDs not undersized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:13 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partisan du CH View Post
Because of course, the development of young players is something that is absolutely linear. So if Subban loses his spot to Picard, I guess that means he's a bust and we should trade him?
Hey, I'm not saying Desjardins has no potential and that a young player development is not linear. The thing is some people are hyping Desjardins like he will be a star. He lost his spot to Sanford, we have Price here and most of the fanbase and so did the management, agreed that Price needed a veteran presence behind him. So Desjardins fell on the depth chart and asked a trade....

Quote:
And Symbian > Android.

It was a fact...

A couple years ago

Old
12-31-2010, 12:15 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
It was a fact...

A couple years ago
I was going to insert a crack about iOS and Android but I figured that there is nothing to really crack about. I'm not sure it ever was a fact, Symbian is terrible and always was.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Actually you could argue that he lost his spot over either Auld or Mayer. I mean, bringing Auld in play was not in the cards for the majority of us. If I would have known that, I would have said that it might as well give it to the best goalie of Sanford and Desjardins and give the #1 job in the AHL to the remaining goalie of the 2. But then, with Auld in play, the idea is that they'd prefer giving the #2 spot to a younger netminder who they think was ready for the challenge. Another decision I didn't agree with and so far Mayer has been ordinairy to say the very least....

Surely Ramo said that he would be coming back...but are we really going to be surprised if he isn't? Unless he's given the #2 job right from the spot and probably unless he's having the guarantee that he'll be in net for more than 3 games a year....If not, being one of the best KHL goalie, it's not too far fetched to think that he could stay there a little bit more.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:17 AM
googlymoogly

Can anybody remember when the last Subby-Price low triple five happened

I wonder if JM told them to stop it and the team thought it meant they weren't allowed to win anymore.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

What you guys are witnessing is a team that is not as good as Price was making them look earlier this season, and DEFINITELY not as good as Halak was making them look last playoffs.

It's the same team, and it's just not a great team. They need near perfect performances from the goalie and Price has been very average the last 10 games or so.

It's a team that overly relies on scoring the first goal, overly relies on the other team making mistakes and doesn't force them. They can't muck it up in the corners, can't put traffic in front of the goalie, can't get deflection goals... it's a team that's limited big time on offense. If we don't score the first goal it's over, if we can't keep the lead it's over..

Des Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:19 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Desjardins ?? are you ****ing kidding me ??

more than half the saves he made he didnt even know where the puck was... hope he'll buy a 6/49 ticket, his only chance to become multi-millionnaire!

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:19 AM
LesHabsRock

I honestly believed this would be the game they'd be fired up and ready for to end the miserable road trip on a positive. Again, 23 shots against and 4 goals allowed. More specifically 4 goals on 20 shots against Price. Not quite as bad as the 5 goals on 17 shots allowed against Dallas, but still...

While I agree the coaching isn't helping the offense I also agree that a change in coaches isn't the answer as most on here seem to think.

Martin has them focusing so much on defense that they have absolutely no perception of an offensive game whatsoever. While Martin's system is "defense first" I think he has the guys holding the sticks a little too tightly especially now that it's handicapped the offense. Where they were winning games 3-1 they are now losing 3-1. Defense has been limiting shots against by unbelievable margins. I'd say the Habs (without checking stats) must be tops in the league or close to it for shots allowed.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:20 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I was going to insert a crack about iOS and Android but I figured that there is nothing to really crack about. I'm not sure it ever was a fact, Symbian is terrible and always was.
Well it existed before so... Even BB OS and Bada OS are better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Desjardins ?? are you ****ing kidding me ??

more than half the saves he made he didnt even know where the puck was... hope he'll buy a 6/49 ticket, his only chance to become multi-millionnaire!
Merci! Guess I'm not the only one who saw it. We'll see how he plays in other games since it was his first NHL game.

Last edited by The Russian General: 12-31-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Old
12-31-2010, 12:23 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Now what? A win against Florida, coming back to Montreal with probably 2 wins out of 3 and we're still in the 7th/8th place running. Not sure what people expect from this team, oh yeah right...but we were in 3rd place!!!!!!! As if we were in 3rd by 30 points.....We were not a 3rd place team. And even if we were, it's all about how weak our division is....not how great our team ever was.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:28 AM
MayorFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Now what? A win against Florida, coming back to Montreal with probably 2 wins out of 3 and we're still in the 7th/8th place running. Not sure what people expect from this team, oh yeah right...but we were in 3rd place!!!!!!! As if we were in 3rd by 30 points.....We were not a 3rd place team. And even if we were, it's all about how weak our division is....not how great our team ever was.
it doesnt matter. this team always makes it hard on themselves. they were sitting comfortably in 3rd position having won all games against boston. now watch as they'll battle all year for that 8th spot and start the playoffs exhausted AND having to play the best team in the conference.

MayorFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:29 AM
habcat

Quote:

If were not for Price in the first 1/3 of the season the Habs wouldn't be ahead of the Leafs right now. Now they have burned Price out by never playing Auld.

Great Coaching

habcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:30 AM
MathMan

Quote:
I'm not denying it. The fact that what appeared to be a shaky goaltender at first was able to ''shut out'' the Habs is worrying.
It's more a matter of bad luck than anything else. Goalies are volatile; all the Habs need to do is hit one that won't stop everything sent his way and they'll be golden (well, not getting weird caroons into their own net will help too; this sequence is really hard on Price's stats).

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:31 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Now what? A win against Florida, coming back to Montreal with probably 2 wins out of 3 and we're still in the 7th/8th place running. Not sure what people expect from this team, oh yeah right...but we were in 3rd place!!!!!!! As if we were in 3rd by 30 points.....We were not a 3rd place team.
Actually, in this division, the Habs are a third place team. I do feel they are still the best team in the division.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:32 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
It's more a matter of bad luck than anything else. Goalies are volatile; all the Habs need to do is hit one that won't stop everything sent his way and they'll be golden (well, not getting weird caroons into their own net will help too; this sequence is really hard on Price's stats).
The bad luck syndrome is what I've maintained thus far.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:36 AM
Stradale

Stamkos penalty shot goal was nice but I am the only one (with Carbo) that think that the shooter shouldn't touch/interfere with the goalie before taking his shot in a penalty shot or shootout (unless the goalie goes for a poke check)?

Because Stamkos skate touches Price before he took the shot. Not a big impact but still made contact with Price before shooting.

Maybe its not big deal for you guys but I don't know, I just don't think its fair for the goalie.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:37 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
The bad luck syndrome is what I've maintained thus far.
The stats keep pointing in that direction, sort of the reverse of what they did in the playoffs actually.

But dang, I hope it turns itself around soon. This is getting painful.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:44 AM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The stats keep pointing in that direction, sort of the reverse of what they did in the playoffs actually.

But dang, I hope it turns itself around soon. This is getting painful.
I am convinced this bad luck began with the loss to the Red Wings. It was a game on the road where they badly outplayed the mighty Wings and just couldn't buy a goal to tie it up. It continued with the Leafs game and then the Philly game even moreso where they lost 5-3 (empty net) where they outshot them 41-30. The frustration from those 3 games alone (offensively) is what began this tailspin and has gotten worse. Offense is the only problem right now and it's ruined the rest of their game including their confidence.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:46 AM
BenchBrawl
joueur de hockey

You know your team suck when their own fans has to make excuses for the organisation's failure.

BenchBrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Drouin2Stamkos

Bolts fan here in peace. First question do you guys say that somebody should be fired after every loss? On a more serious note. I thought you guys looked really good in the first period and thought it was going to be a blow out. Desjardin made some great saves to keep us in the game. He may be our new starter after tonight. After that first period you guys just didnt look as hungry as the first period. Dont know what happened there. As for your fans, wow! You guys have some of the most passionate fans I have ever seen/heard from any sport. I am a big hockey fan and also love American football and Baseball. I think only Soccer fans may be more passionate but if not you guys are right there. Thats respect for sure. Every minute was Go Habs GO! I wish Tampa fans would be more like that but for a Hockey team in Florida we arent too bad. Credit that to winning a cup. Anyways I think you guys have a good team. If you guys play more games like you did in the first period you guys will be tough to beat. Good luck with everything.

Drouin2Stamkos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:12 AM
Habbadasher

Caught Desjardins 2nd Star Puck

Just got back (to my parents' condo) from the Tampa game, sucks to see them loose, but it was really fun anyway.

Desjardins seemingly threw his 2nd star puck right at me, and low and behold, it was autographed! Each player threw one puck to the fans.

So, in Montreal the first star throws three pucks to the fans, is autographed? Anyone?

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote