HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Report from Fan 590: NHL to keep 82 game schedule

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
Report from Fan 590: NHL to keep 82 game schedule

This is from the BOH board ... reportedly there is going to be ALOT of back-to-back and 4 games in 5 nights situations this year ... just what we ******* need when trying to relaunch this league a bunch of half @$$ed efforts on some/most nights and injuries will be aplenty as well ... I can't believe the PA wanted this as part of their deal ******* idiots

Old
06-21-2005, 08:41 AM
vopatsrash

isn't this 590 guy the same guy who stood outside the NY hotel on black saturday and erroneously reported that the season was (re-)cancelled because the Predators and Panthers owners blocked a deal? As if 2 owners could make or break any policy for the league. That guy makes George Plaster look like Edward R Murrow.

i'd hold out to see what they actually plan, though i wouldn't be surprised at all to see an 82 game schedule, especially for the first season. 41 home games might be a bone to throw the big market owners.

Old
06-22-2005, 11:24 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash
isn't this 590 guy the same guy who stood outside the NY hotel on black saturday and erroneously reported that the season was (re-)cancelled because the Predators and Panthers owners blocked a deal? As if 2 owners could make or break any policy for the league. That guy makes George Plaster look like Edward R Murrow.

i'd hold out to see what they actually plan, though i wouldn't be surprised at all to see an 82 game schedule, especially for the first season. 41 home games might be a bone to throw the big market owners.

Old
06-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

I've heard that there were three teams that blocked it--Nashville, Edmonton, and Boston.

I think a shorter season would have been wise, but maybe the players didn't want to lose more money than they may already be losing.

Closed Thread