HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Kings vs. Flyers - 12/30/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
12-31-2010, 12:38 AM
Scottkmlps

vCash: 500
Wow, Terry looks ****ed.

Scottkmlps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:39 AM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
This is ridiculous. Flyers didn't play great. Kings were their worse enemy.
Yeah, honestly. The team that beat the Ducks and Sharks 4-1 and 4-0 would have easily come away with a win tonight. We had a chance heading into the third, but, well.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:41 AM
Orenji

Terry Murray looks sad.

And he looked pissed the **** off when the reporter thought one of his teams before have had two games in a row like the King just had.

Orenji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:44 AM
wicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orenji View Post
Terry Murray looks sad.

And he looked pissed the **** off when the reporter thought one of his teams before have had two games in a row like the King just had.
A lot of the mistakes were because of mental and physical exhaustion, with the cherry on top being that the goalies couldn't make some saves that they should have.

wicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

You thought Phoenix was bad enough but NO ... just when you thought it was safe to play Hockey again, it's .......

... the LEGION OF DOOM STRIKE BACK !!!

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:45 AM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Just got back from the game. It sucked in person as much or more than it did on TV.

Smyth did NOT have a good game, his two goals aside. (One of those was a total luck play, anyways.) He made a real bad habit of passing up the middle, and coughed up the puck right at the defensive blue line at least three times.

Doughty was not moving his feet tonight.

The defense corps clearly did not have a good game tonight, but I thought the forwards were the big problem. All night, the wingers were much too far up the ice, and were unavailable for breakout passes. This meant that the Kings had virtually no structured breakout the whole game. To get the puck out of the zone they either had someone skate it up ice and dump it--which was relatively effective--or they tried to force a pass through the middle which the Flyers would pick off. It was brutal to watch. The Kings just kept trying to force plays through the middle, and it was just totally ineffective.

Credit to the Flyers, they shut down the center of the ice in their zone and the neutral zone as well as any team out there.

Not credit to the Flyers, their goalie was brutal. If they'd had a real goalie in, it wouldn't have been a game at all.

Simmonds had a good game.

agentfouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Lets all get kitty avatars!
OK what did you promise to Sydor25 ? or did he lose a bet ?

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:59 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Kings seem to have hit the wall these past two games going up against a team that is faster (Phoenix) or more physical (Philadelphia). The forwards are doing a piss poor job backchecking, there is hardly any pressure from both ends of the ice, the defense has been porous losing battles, coupled with all around bad coverage and decision making. They better regroup for Saturday because San Jose is going to come in firing.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
After 13 goals in 2 games, I'll try almost anything.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Flyers fan coming by to say...what the HELL was that? I can think of a few officials tonight who need to be beaten senseless. That second period was just mind-numbing. I wish they had just been allowed to play, even if it would mean 13 more goals blasting by Leighton.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:00 AM
grncobra76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
^^^ THAT.
I even remember how in NHL 24/7 winter Classic where Boudreau even talked about how the Hawks lost 9 straight? Something like that? And they won the cup. 2 games.. Just chill. PHX always have our number and Kings were gased from that game. SJ should get ready for another beating, Kings should be coming out HUNGRY THOUGH. There is just one thing I wonder after every game...... I wonder how Doughty thought he played. I wonder that with a few players on the team, especially when I see how Doughty has gotten cocky lately. I think he has a right too but he is not backing it up as good as he can.

EDIT: What's with the pic exactly?
It's from the movie the Crazies.
I know they are tired but I can't wait to see what TM says about this game.

grncobra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:02 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
What he said

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:03 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Flyers fan coming by to say...what the HELL was that? I can think of a few officials tonight who need to be beaten senseless. That second period was just mind-numbing. I wish they had just been allowed to play, even if it would mean 13 more goals blasting by Leighton.
Auger despises the Kings. And we hate him back.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:07 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
You know it's pretty damned bad when our GDT is filled with things like "I wish the ref would stop penalizing the other team."

Old
12-31-2010, 01:09 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

14 games in February. Oh boy.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:12 AM
Harold Snepsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'm guessing this was already beat to death in the GDT, but good lord what a terribly officiated game. That was ridiculous. I've never seen 10 minute misconduct handed out without a minor penalty, let alone two of them.

The refs made a mess of that game.

Harold Snepsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:18 AM
Bandit

Quote:
This is ridiculous. Flyers didn't play great. Kings were their worse enemy.
Didn't play great is an understatement. It was a regular suck off to see who could suck the most. Leighton was Swiss cheese, and half the time the Flyers thought they were wearing purple as much as they turned it over. Fortunately for them, the Kings sucked just a little harder and a little longer.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:27 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
I said to a friend when the game was nearing the end. You know you've done a bad job as an official when you have to give out 10 minute misconducts to get people off the ice.

The refs didn't kill the Kings tonight they did that themselves, but the refs didn't do a good job themselves. They also wanted to have Bailey kicked out of the game, no joke.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:28 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
14 games in February. Oh boy.
That's at least a game every other day for the month. Rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Snepsts View Post
I'm guessing this was already beat to death in the GDT, but good lord what a terribly officiated game. That was ridiculous. I've never seen 10 minute misconduct handed out without a minor penalty, let alone two of them.

The refs made a mess of that game.
I was actually glad penalties weren't handed out. At first I was confused, but after recalling the officiating exhibition that was the 2nd period, relieved.

Old
12-31-2010, 01:29 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
I said to a friend when the game was nearing the end. You know you've done a bad job as an official when you have to give out 10 minute misconducts to get people off the ice.

The refs didn't kill the Kings tonight they did that themselves, but the refs didn't do a good job themselves. They also wanted to have Bailey kicked out of the game, no joke.
Well, let's be honest. With Leighton in net, if the refs don't call the 19 or so penalties in a row, it's completely possible that game ends up differently. Leighton's greatest weakness is having shots on net, and it's hard to shoot on the PK.

Old
12-31-2010, 01:33 AM
Belanger25
ZUES!

Quote:
Well, let's be honest. With Leighton in net, if the refs don't call the 19 or so penalties in a row, it's completely possible that game ends up differently. Leighton's greatest weakness is having shots on net, and it's hard to shoot on the PK.
True, but even their 5-on-5 play was suspect at best.

Belanger25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:35 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
True, but even their 5-on-5 play was suspect at best.
That's true. But after playing a game last night, not unexpected. I expect the Flyers will look like that tomorrow.

Old
12-31-2010, 01:36 AM
BigKing
Spot Picker

Eff the loss, I'm more pissed about the officiating.

Worst display of Bettman hockey I have ever seen live. I still can't ****ing believe it and feel I'm owed a refund for tonight since the refs decided to be the game instead of the players.

I've never ****ing seen two misconducts handed out without a minor penalty and for basically nothing. Unbelievable. Then you have Williams and some Flyer crossing sticks after the misconducts and it's nothing, even though it was more or on par with what the tough guys did.

Then Carcillo gets 2 minutes at the 20 minute mark while he did much mroe than Clifford or Westgarth. Why not a misconduct too? Oh, because the game was over so it doesn't matter.

****ing ********. I've never been so pissed at the NHL. That was clown shoes. The second there was some emotion in the 2nd period, the refs called anything they possibly could to take the emotion out of the game. Yeah...the paying crowd wants to watch ****ing special teams for 20 straight minutes.

A total embarassment. Those refs should be suspended. You can't just pass out misconducts because you are afraid someone may get into a fight. What a ****ing disgrace. This game is turning into the ****ing NBA and Bettman would like nothing more than for that to happen. lhfbhlbfejbsgj;klhbk;nb

As for the game, Flyers put shots right under the crossbar, Kings shoot into Leighton's leg pad. Flyers didn't play awesome, but they buried their chances high while the Kings continue to shoot for a rebound or deflection.

When I take tomorrow off for a Flyers game the night before, I expect to see some action. If I want the SEL, I'll ****ing pay for an internet feed and get off on some Frolunda action. Let's just get rid of the first 5 rows around the ice, expand it, and then marvel at 5 consecutive passes in a row. "Oh Hans, what magnificent passing by the yellow squad. They are so polite!"

Am I drunk? Sure. Will I stand by this post tomorrow? Bet your ass. Why? Because I'm right.

Who asks questions and then answers them themselves? Drunk, correct *******s like myself.

BigKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:40 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

If you just watched the play in the Flyers' zone, you'd think we won that game. Unfortunately we managed l to be even worse in our own end then them.

Kudos to the refs for calling every little thing tonight. Those slashes were particularly chitzy. Much better than a physical, wide open game.

Flyer fans galore at Staples tonight and the team couldn't shut them up, that was annoying.

I'm a big JB fan but man, he's off his game. Rebounds galore, scrambling, just not what an NHL goalie should play like. I'm all for giving Jones a look soon.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:44 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Eff the loss, I'm more pissed about the officiating.

Worst display of Bettman hockey I have ever seen live. I still can't ****ing believe it and feel I'm owed a refund for tonight since the refs decided to be the game instead of the players.

I've never ****ing seen two misconducts handed out without a minor penalty and for basically nothing. Unbelievable. Then you have Williams and some Flyer crossing sticks after the misconducts and it's nothing, even though it was more or on par with what the tough guys did.

Then Carcillo gets 2 minutes at the 20 minute mark while he did much mroe than Clifford or Westgarth. Why not a misconduct too? Oh, because the game was over so it doesn't matter.

****ing ********. I've never been so pissed at the NHL. That was clown shoes. The second there was some emotion in the 2nd period, the refs called anything they possibly could to take the emotion out of the game. Yeah...the paying crowd wants to watch ****ing special teams for 20 straight minutes.

A total embarassment. Those refs should be suspended. You can't just pass out misconducts because you are afraid someone may get into a fight. What a ****ing disgrace. This game is turning into the ****ing NBA and Bettman would like nothing more than for that to happen. lhfbhlbfejbsgj;klhbk;nb

As for the game, Flyers put shots right under the crossbar, Kings shoot into Leighton's leg pad. Flyers didn't play awesome, but they buried their chances high while the Kings continue to shoot for a rebound or deflection.

When I take tomorrow off for a Flyers game the night before, I expect to see some action. If I want the SEL, I'll ****ing pay for an internet feed and get off on some Frolunda action. Let's just get rid of the first 5 rows around the ice, expand it, and then marvel at 5 consecutive passes in a row. "Oh Hans, what magnificent passing by the yellow squad. They are so polite!"

Am I drunk? Sure. Will I stand by this post tomorrow? Bet your ass. Why? Because I'm right.

Who asks questions and then answers them themselves? Drunk, correct *******s like myself.
This is Gold Jerry. GOLD!

Rack him!

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote