HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Nick Bjugstad (and other obscure players/memories)

Old
12-29-2010, 11:21 PM
JCabranes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Nobody ate a better punch than Buchberger. When he dropped the gloves when he played for the Kings I cringed every time. Kelly is not a fan of Pavlov or his dog apparently.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I don't recall ever seeing him win a fight. He was game though and would go with just about anyone... usually to his detriment.

JCabranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
Looking through the 94/95 roster. 5 goalies and just a boat load of players in and out the roster in a shortened 48-game lockout season.
That was one of the worst years of hockey for me. Robitaille was dealt to Pittsburgh for Rick Tocchet (although I was a fan of Tocchet, but never wanted to see Robitaille dealt to acquire him). Zhitnik is traded. The Kings fail to acquire any offensive help as Rob Blake misses half the season. Tony Granato has the worst season of his career offensively. It was an all around disaster, topped off by McNall going into bankruptcy with rumors of the Kings possibly moving.

Then you had the Kings bringing in castoffs like John Druce, Randy Burridge, Michel Petit, and even Rob Brown (who had some success playing with Mario Lemieux) got an audition that didn't last long. Not to mention the forgetful d-pairing of Rob Cowie and Chris Snell. Yes, that is one season I wish I could have erased from my memory.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:29 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I'm on a roll finding Buchberger beatings.

Old
12-29-2010, 11:34 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I'm on a roll finding Buchberger beatings.
He throws pretty girly haymakers, not even proper form for a guy who fought as much as he did. With that huge over hand swing it left him open to take a few punches before he missed wildly. You'd think he'd work with a boxing coach or something. Or he liked getting beat up cause it was for the team. I don't know, when I see a guy who loses badly I don't think it pumps up the team-especially when it's every fight.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2010, 11:42 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
That was one of the worst years of hockey for me. Robitaille was dealt to Pittsburgh for Rick Tocchet (although I was a fan of Tocchet, but never wanted to see Robitaille dealt to acquire him). Zhitnik is traded. The Kings fail to acquire any offensive help as Rob Blake misses half the season. Tony Granato has the worst season of his career offensively. It was an all around disaster, topped off by McNall going into bankruptcy with rumors of the Kings possibly moving.

Then you had the Kings bringing in castoffs like John Druce, Randy Burridge, Michel Petit, and even Rob Brown (who had some success playing with Mario Lemieux) got an audition that didn't last long. Not to mention the forgetful d-pairing of Rob Cowie and Chris Snell. Yes, that is one season I wish I could have erased from my memory.
Burridge is now teaching power skating at Lakewood Glacial Gardens. I laughed when I saw the advertisement. Obviously an NHL player is an elite skater and somebody to learn from but he's not exactly my first choice to improve my skating technique. Rob Cowie made me puke when he wore 77.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:
Not to forget junior star Kevin Brown! A roster for the ages, also including the return of heavyweight Troy Crowder, who 5 years (something like that) earlier beat Probert, and an 18-year old out of the draft Matt Johnson, in the hordes of mediocrity.

Comedy gold.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:03 AM
JCabranes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
He throws pretty girly haymakers, not even proper form for a guy who fought as much as he did. With that huge over hand swing it left him open to take a few punches before he missed wildly. You'd think he'd work with a boxing coach or something. Or he liked getting beat up cause it was for the team. I don't know, when I see a guy who loses badly I don't think it pumps up the team-especially when it's every fight.
I'm not so sure... if I was his team mate I might look at the hamburger that was once Kelly's face and think to myself "that other guy must be exhausted from punching Kelly... he doesn't have enough energy left to beat the crap out of me."

JCabranes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:24 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The goaltending tonight hearkens back to the days of debating between who the better starting goalie was, Stephane Fiset or Jamie Storr. And looking in hindsight, it was none of the above. Not that I'm comparing Quick and Bernier to those two, but just a thought that reminded me of that situation.

Old
12-31-2010, 04:59 AM
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by nK View Post
I thought it was Buchberger?
I stand corrected... it was late when I posted that

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote