HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings vs. Flyers - 12/30/10 - POSTGAME THOUGHTS & TIDBITS

Old
12-31-2010, 02:52 AM
MxK1NGS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKing View Post
Eff the loss, I'm more pissed about the officiating.

Worst display of Bettman hockey I have ever seen live. I still can't ****ing believe it and feel I'm owed a refund for tonight since the refs decided to be the game instead of the players.

I've never ****ing seen two misconducts handed out without a minor penalty and for basically nothing. Unbelievable. Then you have Williams and some Flyer crossing sticks after the misconducts and it's nothing, even though it was more or on par with what the tough guys did.

Then Carcillo gets 2 minutes at the 20 minute mark while he did much mroe than Clifford or Westgarth. Why not a misconduct too? Oh, because the game was over so it doesn't matter.

****ing ********. I've never been so pissed at the NHL. That was clown shoes. The second there was some emotion in the 2nd period, the refs called anything they possibly could to take the emotion out of the game. Yeah...the paying crowd wants to watch ****ing special teams for 20 straight minutes.

A total embarassment. Those refs should be suspended. You can't just pass out misconducts because you are afraid someone may get into a fight. What a ****ing disgrace. This game is turning into the ****ing NBA and Bettman would like nothing more than for that to happen. lhfbhlbfejbsgj;klhbk;nb

As for the game, Flyers put shots right under the crossbar, Kings shoot into Leighton's leg pad. Flyers didn't play awesome, but they buried their chances high while the Kings continue to shoot for a rebound or deflection.

When I take tomorrow off for a Flyers game the night before, I expect to see some action. If I want the SEL, I'll ****ing pay for an internet feed and get off on some Frolunda action. Let's just get rid of the first 5 rows around the ice, expand it, and then marvel at 5 consecutive passes in a row. "Oh Hans, what magnificent passing by the yellow squad. They are so polite!"

Am I drunk? Sure. Will I stand by this post tomorrow? Bet your ass. Why? Because I'm right.

Who asks questions and then answers them themselves? Drunk, correct *******s like myself.
For the record, Stephane Auger has had issues with other teams as well, well mainly singling out players. I remember the Burrows incident with Auger just last yr where Auger was talking crap to Burrows before the game even started threatening Burrows that he'll make his team lose? Something like that. For the rest of that game the Nucks were pelted with bad calls. I wonder who Auger hates on the Kings?

MxK1NGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:54 AM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsation8 View Post
^^^ THAT.
I even remember how in NHL 24/7 winter Classic where Boudreau even talked about how the Hawks lost 9 straight? Something like that? And they won the cup. 2 games.. Just chill. PHX always have our number and Kings were gased from that game. SJ should get ready for another beating, Kings should be coming out HUNGRY THOUGH. There is just one thing I wonder after every game...... I wonder how Doughty thought he played. I wonder that with a few players on the team, especially when I see how Doughty has gotten cocky lately. I think he has a right too but he is not backing it up as good as he can.

EDIT: What's with the pic exactly?
Its from the Crazies. His wife took him to the doctor because he was acting weird.

The dude said: "She worries too much, I'm fine. Just a little tired."

Just changed the words to fit the situation.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:29 AM
alpa
Yoda+Gandalf=Sutter

Quote:
For the record, Stephane Auger has had issues with other teams as well, well mainly singling out players. I remember the Burrows incident with Auger just last yr where Auger was talking crap to Burrows before the game even started threatening Burrows that he'll make his team lose? Something like that. For the rest of that game the Nucks were pelted with bad calls. I wonder who Auger hates on the Kings?
If this is true how can he still be a ref?

That is as bad as being paid to call it against the other team.

Do you have a source?

This is just outrageous.

alpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:09 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

I can call this veterinarian friend of mine that can fix the officials from tonight's disaster...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:29 AM
ShattStar03

I don't understand how Auger is still a ref, I remembered Burrows calling out Auger sometime during the year, claiming that the ref took something personal that he said before the game. Burrows claimed that he made the team pay the price for it by calling phony penalties during the game. There might be an interview of it somewhere on youtube, I don't remember. I remember TSN making a big deal out of it.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:36 AM
ShattStar03

I was reading more on Auger, he officiated his first playoff game with LOS ANGELES @ COLORADO - 4/18/2002, the Kings lost the game. Well, I guess that figures. lol

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 05:38 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Audio: Tired LA Kings Gift-Wrap 7 In Loss To Philadelphia

Frozen Royalty Audio: Tired LA Kings Gift-Wrap 7 In Loss To Philadelphia

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:08 AM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Man I still can't get over my Mike Richards man crush..

And someone mentioned this earlier but Handzus is done, he's looked so slow this year, maybe he's hurt or maybe it's because he's playing with 2 pretty young guys but luckily his contract is expiring and Brayden Schenn will be ready next year. Put Schenn on the 2nd line and Stoll on the 3rd

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:47 AM
null33

Quote:

Auger has issues ... but not with any particular players or teams. He likes the sound of his whistle.

null33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:47 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

you can blame Auger all you won't, the truth is that the Kings didnt play well enough to win that game. They were dreadful once again, penalties or no penalties

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 11:05 AM
Clown Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I hate Mike Richards. I hate those hideous Flyer jerseys. I hate anyone whoever was associated with the Flyers.
How could you hate Randy Jones, after all he did for Drew Doughty?

He was the missing piece that held it all together for the Kings.

Clown Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 11:19 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

The last time I saw something this bad, I flushed it. Kings should do the same.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 11:49 AM
Harold Snepsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
I don't understand how Auger is still a ref, I remembered Burrows calling out Auger sometime during the year, claiming that the ref took something personal that he said before the game. Burrows claimed that he made the team pay the price for it by calling phony penalties during the game. There might be an interview of it somewhere on youtube, I don't remember. I remember TSN making a big deal out of it.
Auger went up to Burrows in the pregame skate and told him he'd get him back for what he thought was embellishment in a previous game.

Quote:
He said Auger approached him before the game and told him he was going to get him back for embellishing a Dec. 8 hit in Nashville that left Burrows crumpled on the ice, and resulted in Predators forward Jerred Smithson receiving a 5-minute major penalty for charging.

"It was personal," Burrows said. "It started in warm-up before the anthem. The ref came over to me and said I made him look bad in Nashville on the Smithson hit. He said he was going to get me back tonight and he did his job in the third."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=4818137

Harold Snepsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Harold Snepsts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I was actually glad penalties weren't handed out. At first I was confused, but after recalling the officiating exhibition that was the 2nd period, relieved.
Don't get me wrong, I was glad they weren't either. I've just never seen it before. A player does something bad enough to warrant getting a 10 minute misconduct, but not bad enough to put his team shorthanded?

It doesn't make any sense. It was just the perfect example of how poorly the refs managed the game last night.

Harold Snepsts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:37 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Not much to say about the game that hasn't already been said, so I just wanted to thank Zad for letting me use his other ticket. Great seats, and although the game sucked, at least I had good company while watching it.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:11 PM
nocturn

That game sucked.

On the other hand, how friggn hot is Alyonka Larionov reporting for On the Fly Winter Classic Edition? Holy Carp Igor has a fine ass daughter. Looks like she's boinking Captain Caveman.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:13 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
That game sucked.

On the other hand, how friggn hot is Alyonka Larionov reporting for On the Fly Winter Classic Edition? Holy Carp Igor has a fine ass daughter. Looks like she's boinking Captain Caveman.
She's at Kings games all the time. My ex is friends with her.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:23 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
She's at Kings games all the time. My ex is friends with her.
Yummmm. Ive got a thing for eastern european looking girls. Hell, I married a Russian.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Johnny Utah

Handzus and Stoll are horrible offensively of late...Thank god Zeus has chipped in defensively.

The defense is very young and inexperienced especially with Drewiske, Martinez....and Doughty and Johnson are not a good pair at even strength.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:56 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
Okay, what do you say after the Kings beating the Wings? I'm dying to know.
Not sure what you are saying here. What are you saying? That the Kings because of wins over the Red Wings are a contender? From my perspective they are not as of this moment.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
I already asked him that same question, as well as the 2 wins against the Canucks, in the game thread. Got no answer.
Since I didn't read that, from what I can recall at least, no a couple of wins agains some of the better teams will not change my view of this team this season. That's good enough for you or do I need to think kthat this team is a contender?

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:01 PM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
Since I didn't read that, from what I can recall at least, no a couple of wins agains some of the better teams will not change my view of this team this season. That's good enough for you or do I need to think kthat this team is a contender?
So they beat good teams, that doesn't count; they lose to good teams, they're clearly not contenders. Interesting logic.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Assuming they meet in the playoffs, the Kings wouldn't even face the Flyers until the finals. Beating the Wings and Canucks is much more important.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:28 PM
onlyalad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Role in a Cage View Post
The Kings are 4th in the West, not 14th like some years gone by. They have beaten almost every team in the West this year. So a couple of loses against some of the better teams will not change my (or many hockey experts) view of this team this season.

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:42 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I hate Mike Richards. I hate those hideous Flyer jerseys. I hate anyone whoever was associated with the Flyers.

********, you love us. The only reason the Kings are as good as they are is cause of all those former Flyers running your organization.

The Kings are completely the Flyers of the West. The more I see you guys play the more that becomes clear.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote