HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hey Palmieri, pass the PUCK!!! USA v Germany

Old
12-30-2010, 10:24 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
each and every time ive watched chris kreider this year, be it in a bc jersey or now in the red white and blue, he fails to impress me.

really hoping this kid is just hiding all his talent

im just not seeing alot right now that tells me hes anything more than a real fast skater
I haven't necessarily been WOW'd by his play in any of the games I've seen him in, but lets not forget that a player like Dubinsky originally projected to be a 3rd line grinder in the NHL.... There's no telling what a few seasons of hard work at the NHL level can do for a player's game.... I'm not going to worry about his ceiling while he's still this young.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:50 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
here to eat my fair share of crow

I see that Kreider scored.

Happy for him.

Not being a dick as I did not see the game, not have I seen the box score, did he get any othe rpoints?
You called it 2k2

Kreider was weak in the first two periods, better in the third. Definitely his worst game of the tourney yet.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:57 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
You called it 2k2

Kreider was weak in the first two periods, better in the third. Definitely his worst game of the tourney yet.
I wasn't that impressed with his play in Game 1... He was real quiet and it was a choppy game for USA....

Tonight, aside from his goal, I think he had 4 shots on goal, couple good scoring chances on at least 2 of those shots.

Old
12-30-2010, 11:11 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Personally I think this was ck's least impressive game of the tourney, despite the goal. And this is coming from a huge fan of his.

12-30-2010, 11:17 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
Personally I think this was ck's least impressive game of the tourney, despite the goal. And this is coming from a huge fan of his.
I think this is the standard reaction to this game.

I really believe in this kid and I think he's a perfect example of why/how the WJC can be misleading when it comes to evaluating prospects. We have a very good player coming along.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:23 PM
TrollololBoyle

It's just one stupid tourney, this does not tell how Kreider's career will shape out, some people here....

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:24 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
To me, none of his 3 games really stood out much from the others... However in this game he had at least 3 good shots on goal in scoring positions and was rewarded with a goal on the PP...

Bourque had some solid shifts tonight. Must be fun for his Dad to watch him compete in these tournies.

Old
12-30-2010, 11:34 PM
OverTheCap

Kreider has been kind of invisible but I'm not that concerned. As others have mentioned, one tournament is not indicative of how he'll perform in the NHL. If that were true, Nigel Dawes would have been a superstar by now.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:23 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Thought he looked pretty damn solid the first two games. Was making excellent passes, throwing his body around and getting in good position.

Today, only a few people on Team USA stood out--Bourque, Coyle, Faulk, D'Amigo. Everyone else was sleep walking, for the most part. Scary considering they must have possessed the puck for 90% of the game.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:28 AM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Thought he looked pretty damn solid the first two games. Was making excellent passes, throwing his body around and getting in good position.

Today, only a few people on Team USA stood out--Bourque, Coyle, Faulk, D'Amigo. Everyone else was sleep walking, for the most part. Scary considering they must have possessed the puck for 90% of the game.
If they were 'sleep walking' I'd consider 90% puck possession a damn good thing.

TrollololBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:33 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukSOGoal View Post
If they were 'sleep walking' I'd consider 90% puck possession a damn good thing.
Oh, yeah. For sure. That's what I meant when I said "Scary." The team could be GREAT if they could get on the same page and go all out. Hopefully it's just an opening round malaise that will wear off as the games gain urgency.

The Germans, at least for the first 40 minutes, applied almost no pressure defensively. They'd concede the zone and allow the US forwards to basically walk in along the boards. Were absolutely manhandled in the corners, with seemingly little effort from the States' skaters. Bjugstad was a freaking bull. Watching the game, it was incredible...it was so not close, yet you felt like USA wasn't playing anywhere close to their potential.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:45 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
Kreider got better as the game went on, but it was still his worst effort thus far. He just looked uninvolved.
totally agree with this.

Ryan Bourque had himself a monster of a game though...wow, easily the best game hes played in the last 2 wjc....he was just an absolute force out there.

Fasth also had a damn good game.

Horak and Kreider...not so much.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:32 AM
Blazephr

The Kreider line just doesn't seem to be clicking,if you ask me. a lot of times, they have trouble getting the puck up ice. They're not a cohesive unit at all. I also, fine Palmieri very agitating to watch handle the puck.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 04:35 AM
BrianLeetch2

vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Jesper Fasth looked real good out there

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:02 AM
John Torturella

Quote:
nice work. seems to me you have no life and thus, lots of time to do some very fine research. you leave the basement often ?

kreider so far, hasnt shown much. what that has to do with enver lisin and his inability to perform in the nhl, i have no clue.

i guess, based upon your theory, i should be saying "kreider is cant miss" then...
First off it takes 20 seconds to find out how you have no idea what your talking about by simply using the search function.

What does your opinion of a past player have to do with a prospect? I guess we can just throw all the nonsense you have spewed in the past out the window, right?

It doesn't work like that. When you make such ridiculous statements about a player that was clearly useless in the NHL, why would anyone even view you as a reliable source? You have already proven that you have an awesome eye scouting.

No hard feelings though, I was just putting it out there that you, with the negative opinion of Kreider have a track record of being completely wrong.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
I have not seen Palmieri play one second, yet I posses an irrational hatred for him and want him to fail at everything.

I love this forum!

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:49 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
First off it takes 20 seconds to find out how you have no idea what your talking about by simply using the search function.

What does your opinion of a past player have to do with a prospect? I guess we can just throw all the nonsense you have spewed in the past out the window, right?

It doesn't work like that. When you make such ridiculous statements about a player that was clearly useless in the NHL, why would anyone even view you as a reliable source? You have already proven that you have an awesome eye scouting.

No hard feelings though, I was just putting it out there that you, with the negative opinion of Kreider have a track record of being completely wrong.
I'm impressed with your ability to look up other peoples posts so you can criticize their opinions. Thanks for all you bring to the board. Guess you've never been wrong about anything, otherwise that would be pretty hypocritical.

Sad thing is, your see through, you kiss the butts of people around here who agree with you and tear down those that don't.

Fact is, you could have just told ODC why you thought he was wrong about Kreider, but wait, you couldn't, because he hasn't done anything noteworthy lately, so you attack the poster instead.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 11:13 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I didn't get to watch the game live last night, and I just had the chance to go through it on my DVR just now.

I isolated all of Kreider's shifts and fast forwarded everything else.

I had the luxury here of pause, slow motion, and rewind.

People saying he was disengaged, disinterested, or lazy, either have NO CLUE what they're watching, or simply weren't paying attention.

I counted:

*Goal

*8 shots on goal (one on a deflection, and one off the side of the left post)

*one blocked shot

Many passes, and his typical responsoble two way play. He was counted upon to be the high man in the zone (two forecheckers, one forward back).

He carried the puck, didn't put the team in any bad spots by trying to be a one man show when he had the puck.

He played hard in front of the net, and actually had to complain to the ref at one point for getting cross checked repeatedly in the back when in front of the net.

He came awfully close to getting an assist on, and its debatable if he should've been awarded one, on Coyle's goal. He dug the puck lose from the scrum on the boards and shovled it forward to Coyle. I have this play in slow motion and pause and stop on a 42 inch HDTV right now as I type this on my blackberry. He easily could've been awarded an assist on the play. But IIHF is stingy with their assists. In the AHL or NHL he may have been awarded one.

He played hard on the boards the few times the chance came up, he used his body to sheild the puck a few times.

He chose not to turn over the puck through the middle on a wraparound chance, instead he held onto it and looked for an open man at the point.

He set up a few scoring chances and rushes.

People need to either open their eyes when the watch a hockey game, or just simply know what they're talking about. There was not one second of that game where he even remotely looked disinterested, disengaged, or lazy.

If you aren't satisfied unless he scores handfuls of goals per game, or dominates like Ovechkin, then either shut up, or pay closer attention.

False accusations are really annoying to try debunking.

1 Goal
8 shots
1 blocked shot

For a score sheet should be more then enough evidence of how he played in that game.

But I watched it with my eyes, on DVR with pause, rewind, and slow motion. There is no way he pplayed a poor game. Subtle, yes, but to people not knowing what they're watching, a subtle, yet well played game would go unnoticed and get the player labeled as disinterested or "invisible" by people who don't know what they're watching.

But I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt if those detractors didn't have the advantage of DVR or didn't really pay attention while the game was on.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:06 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I understand people want Kreider to be this dominating offensive force.

He's 19 years old, and he's developing an overall game that will translate to the Pro game.

There are steps that need to be taken by players who want to develop right.

He's learning his two way game. Offense starts from transition. Making plays in the defensive zone and neutral zone that translate to success in the offensive zone.

When he's up with the Rangers, this two way gane is going to gain Tortorella's confidence in using him in more situations, increasing his ice time, increasing his versitility, increasing his role with the club.

With that foundation, nd his natural skills, he will develop the offensive game as he gains more confidence at the next level.

Look at Dubinsky, Callahan, Staal, Anisimov.

Foundation for the game first. Offebsive production next. Then taking it to the next level as the player matures.

19 years old.

Drafted 19th overall, not first, not second.

He will be more then fine.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:18 PM
msv957

Quote:
each and every time ive watched chris kreider this year, be it in a bc jersey or now in the red white and blue, he fails to impress me.

really hoping this kid is just hiding all his talent

im just not seeing alot right now that tells me hes anything more than a real fast skater
I see a player that screams NHL talent. Not many players if any in the WJC have his combination of size, skating ability, slick hands and great shot. By the end of this tourney he should be the mvp.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:27 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
I'm impressed with your ability to look up other peoples posts so you can criticize their opinions. Thanks for all you bring to the board. Guess you've never been wrong about anything, otherwise that would be pretty hypocritical.

Sad thing is, your see through, you kiss the butts of people around here who agree with you and tear down those that don't.

Fact is, you could have just told ODC why you thought he was wrong about Kreider, but wait, you couldn't, because he hasn't done anything noteworthy lately, so you attack the poster instead.
There is no need to defend Kreider. He is 19 years old and has had success at every level he has played at. He had great success at last years WJC, scoring the 2nd highest amount of goals in the entire tournament, including a goal in the gold medal game against Canada. His BC team won the National Championship. He has a great shot and blinding speed. He has had nothing but success. After a slow start last year, he really dominated down the stretch. Its a little much to discredit a 19 year old after watching a few games.

The point is, how can we trust ODC in evaluating a 19 year old when he couldnt evaluate Lisin who was clearly terrible for the Rangers?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:30 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

He's 19 years old, and he's developing an overall game that will translate to the Pro game.

He's learning his two way game. Offense starts from transition. Making plays in the defensive zone and neutral zone that translate to success in the offensive zone.

When he's up with the Rangers, this two way gane is going to gain Tortorella's confidence in using him in more situations, increasing his ice time, increasing his versitility, increasing his role with the club.

With that foundation, nd his natural skills, he will develop the offensive game as he gains more confidence at the next level.

Foundation for the game first. Offebsive production next. Then taking it to the next level as the player matures.

19 years old.

Very few people here have questioned his future. It's just that myself and many others thought he was more impressive in the first few games last tournament. Of course the big games are coming up, and that's when we will truly see Kreider shine above his peers (hopefully).

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I didn't get to watch the game live last night, and I just had the chance to go through it on my DVR just now.

I isolated all of Kreider's shifts and fast forwarded everything else.

I had the luxury here of pause, slow motion, and rewind.

People saying he was disengaged, disinterested, or lazy, either have NO CLUE what they're watching, or simply weren't paying attention.

I counted:

*Goal

*8 shots on goal (one on a deflection, and one off the side of the left post)

*one blocked shot

Many passes, and his typical responsoble two way play. He was counted upon to be the high man in the zone (two forecheckers, one forward back).

He carried the puck, didn't put the team in any bad spots by trying to be a one man show when he had the puck.

He played hard in front of the net, and actually had to complain to the ref at one point for getting cross checked repeatedly in the back when in front of the net.

He came awfully close to getting an assist on, and its debatable if he should've been awarded one, on Coyle's goal. He dug the puck lose from the scrum on the boards and shovled it forward to Coyle. I have this play in slow motion and pause and stop on a 42 inch HDTV right now as I type this on my blackberry. He easily could've been awarded an assist on the play. But IIHF is stingy with their assists. In the AHL or NHL he may have been awarded one.

He played hard on the boards the few times the chance came up, he used his body to sheild the puck a few times.

He chose not to turn over the puck through the middle on a wraparound chance, instead he held onto it and looked for an open man at the point.

He set up a few scoring chances and rushes.

People need to either open their eyes when the watch a hockey game, or just simply know what they're talking about. There was not one second of that game where he even remotely looked disinterested, disengaged, or lazy.

If you aren't satisfied unless he scores handfuls of goals per game, or dominates like Ovechkin, then either shut up, or pay closer attention.

False accusations are really annoying to try debunking.

1 Goal
8 shots
1 blocked shot

For a score sheet should be more then enough evidence of how he played in that game.

But I watched it with my eyes, on DVR with pause, rewind, and slow motion. There is no way he pplayed a poor game. Subtle, yes, but to people not knowing what they're watching, a subtle, yet well played game would go unnoticed and get the player labeled as disinterested or "invisible" by people who don't know what they're watching.

But I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt if those detractors didn't have the advantage of DVR or didn't really pay attention while the game was on.
the vast majority of his shots seemed to have come in the 2nd half of the game. most of us who werent happy with his game all readily admit he got better as the game went on. but isolating just the good stuff he did is like looking at a collection of youtube highlights to judge a player. there were tons of shifts where he literally did nothing. he wasnt engaged, he didnt actively forecheck, he didnt really have to backcheck because of the way team usa had the game on lockdown...he pretty much did nothing out there. a guy that talented needs to do more. like i said though, he clearly got better as the game went on, and one hast to wonder if the coaches talked to him about his play. ive been VERY happy about his play in the first 2 games...he was far more engaged. last night? not so much.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

19 years old.

Its pretty funny to me that you're asking for patience with a 19 year old prospect.

First off, because I think most people on this board - especially people who have been watching the Rangers for a long time and have seen their fare share of busts - are tempering expectations, realize hes still a teenager, and possess a typical wait and see approach in regards to how Kreider turns out. Dont let a couple of loons like ODC get you into a tizzy...as others have mentioned, you needn't look any further than the Enver Lisin fiasco to gauge his ability to judge talent.

But no, what makes it especially humorous to me is that you've been leading a slobbering love affair towards Krieder pretty much since the moment the Rangers drafted him. I come onto hfboards almost every day and see another post from Supersonicmonkey preaching about what an ultra-special hockey player and human being Chris Kreider is.

Dont you think its possible that you constantly and consistently pumping him up as the next big thing for the New York Rangers can lead to some people being disappointed in him when they actually watch him play?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:14 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
There is no need to defend Kreider. He is 19 years old and has had success at every level he has played at. He had great success at last years WJC, scoring the 2nd highest amount of goals in the entire tournament, including a goal in the gold medal game against Canada. His BC team won the National Championship. He has a great shot and blinding speed. He has had nothing but success. After a slow start last year, he really dominated down the stretch. Its a little much to discredit a 19 year old after watching a few games.

The point is, how can we trust ODC in evaluating a 19 year old when he couldnt evaluate Lisin who was clearly terrible for the Rangers?
Hey, personally I think Kreider will be a great NHL player, when he has the chance to play with a great playmaker on the NHL level. His size and speed will afford him opportunities others won't get, especially if theres a gifted passer setting him up. I'd love to see what the kid could do playing with a Brad Richards, or Stepan even, where all he will need to do is skate hard and get ready to shoot. He reminds me of Tomas Sandstrom, who was a favorite of mine growing up.
That said though, I agree with ODC, that since last years WJ tourney I haven't seen anything to be excited about from his game. Doesn't mean that I'm ready to write him off by any means though.

And yes, ODC was wrong about Lisin, but so was Glen Sather, we all make mistakes. Hell, I still want Prucha back because in my heart I hope he can score 30 for us again.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote