HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tuukka Rask hasn't played since December 15th...

Old
12-31-2010, 06:59 AM
ODAAT

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigersnooze View Post
To be fair, "Claude doesn't play rookies" is different than saying "Claude loves his vets."

"Claude loves his vets," to me, means that no matter how much a veteran may be struggling, he WILL NOT sit and face any consequences.

So responding to someone saying "Claude loves his vets" by giving examples of rookies that have played significant minutes under Claude doesn't really hold water.
He often goes with the vet, show me a coach who insists that a kid will play in certain situations before someone with experience and I`ll show you a coach who`s close to being fired.

Ask Horton and Savvy about CJ`s "love for vets".

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:20 AM
GoBs

Thomas said he was tired. He looked tired out there, but Claude plays him anyways.

Hopefully we see rask play against Buff.

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 08:33 AM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Rask needs to play. Julien is treating him like some AHL call up stiff. It's Clode though, he clearly has a double standard for our goaltenders. Tuukka stands on his head, gets a shutout and sits for 2 weeks. Thomas plays a mediocre game and is right back in there.

Don't take this the wrong way, TT has been spectacular. He's the Vezina favorite and is my Hart front runner right now. That said, we need him in May, not December. At the end of the year TT should have played 50 games and Tuukka 32 IMO.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 08:37 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Rask needs to play. Julien is treating him like some AHL call up stiff. It's Clode though, he clearly has a double standard for our goaltenders. Tuukka stands on his head, gets a shutout and sits for 2 weeks. Thomas plays a mediocre game and is right back in there.

Don't take this the wrong way, TT has been spectacular. He's the Vezina favorite and is my Hart front runner right now. That said, we need him in May, not December. At the end of the year TT should have played 50 games and Tuukka 32 IMO.
Not too different from the scenario that took place last year. I think that Tuukka should get more starts but.....the numbers and the way that TT is putting up right now is sublime and it`s really hard to argue with the time he`s getting between the pipes.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 09:38 AM
fage88
It's so big IRL

yea Thomas looks tired out there, he could use a day off. I am glad they aren't splitting them 50/50 cuz Thomas is that good this year, but the guy looked like he was gonna die during the Shoot out last night

fage88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 09:42 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I will be shocked if it is not Tuukka Time in Buffalo. Thomas could use a breather and the kid is going to be the franchise sooner rather than later.

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 09:51 AM
Latrappe
If Cam allow it

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I will be shocked if it is not Tuukka Time in Buffalo. Thomas could use a breather and the kid is going to be the franchise sooner rather than later.
Something is telling me that Claude and Chiarelli seem to be under an " emergency mode ". There's no point to start Thomas each and every game when you have a quality goaltender like Rask on the bench. Thomas looked tired, last night, and this is not the " version " of Thomas that we want to see in the playoffs...

Last edited by Latrappe: 12-31-2010 at 10:21 AM.
Latrappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 10:04 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latrappe View Post
Something is telling me that Claude and Chiarelli seem to be under an " emergency mode ". There's no point to start Thomas each and every game when you have a quality golatender like Rask on the bench. Thomas looked tired, last night, and this is not the " version " of Thomas that we want to see in the playoffs...
The way the Bruins Division is melting down like the Witch in the Wizard of Oz, they stay healthy they should be able to get some distance between the rest of the pack (maybe the Habs are a bit of a problem, but other than when they play Boston, they are spitting fur balls it seems- they just look good to great against the B's)....definitely Tuukka tomorrow- I'd be shocked if we see Thomas. If Tuukka stands on his head, you bring him back against the Leafs, if he has a bad game, you have a rested TT.

I want two in regulation in Toronto

Old
12-31-2010, 10:15 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Something is telling me that Claude and Chiarelli seem to be under an " emergency mode ". There's no point to start Thomas each and every game when you have a quality golatender like Rask on the bench. Thomas looked tired, last night, and this is not the " version " of Thomas that we want to see in the playoffs...
Agreed. I still think the reason Thomas started last night was because Rask was under the weather and Julien figured a tired Thomas gave us a better chance than an ill Rask.

But Thomas is definitely feelin' it. I can't really fault him on the second goal because he was screened so badly but I thought he should have had the first one. The Thomas in the first 2 weeks of the season would have had that puck easily.

I definitely want to see Tuukka against the Sabres. And/Or the Leafs. Give Thomas a decent breather and some days to rest those aching muscles

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:52 PM
KillerKampfer*

Clode made a mistake playing TT all 3 games. Last night he was helpless in the shootout. Tuukka should definitely have gotten one start I am sure Timmy would even agree with that.

KillerKampfer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:02 PM
sooshii
SISU

sound the alarm

Rask to play tomorrow:

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...on:twit:bruins

Quote:
Tuukka Rask will start tomorrow against Buffalo at HSBC Arena. Rask has been Tim Thomas's backup for the last seven games.

"Did [Thomas] look a little bit tired? Maybe," Claude Julien said of last night's starter. "I still saw him making some big saves at crucial times. He played a decent game. When you look back at Timmy and the number of games he's won for us this year, there's no doubt about anything we did with him."

sooshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:13 PM
finchster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucicTrain* View Post
i never said he didnt play rookies, i said he favors his veterans heavily.
Wait ENG FTW was Lucictrain? wow it all makes sense now

finchster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:43 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by finchster View Post
Wait ENG FTW was Lucictrain? wow it all makes sense now
if you're gonna try to cheat the system, ya gotta have some semblance of intelligence. classic.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 07:03 AM
DKH

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
if you're gonna try to cheat the system, ya gotta have some semblance of intelligence. classic.
what is classic is that some how when posters using other names get turfed the original comes back- StanJonathan started a thread as someone else and when they discovered he was back under something else it reverted back....bizarre and sounds like Twilight Zone stuff.

Lucictrain I'll say this knows his baseball; I wish they let him at least keep posting there

Old
01-01-2011, 12:21 PM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Something is telling me that Claude and Chiarelli seem to be under an " emergency mode ". There's no point to start Thomas each and every game when you have a quality goaltender like Rask on the bench. Thomas looked tired, last night, and this is not the " version " of Thomas that we want to see in the playoffs...
Exactly my take on it.. TT's numbers the last 6 weeks are not what they were the first 6 weeks,but still better than Rask whose save% is excellent. Smells of a team needing league leading goaltending to win,not top 5 goaltending and Claude's on the hot seat.

BNHL is offline   Reply With Quote