HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dwayne Roloson Traded To Tampa Bay

Old
01-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Pnut

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4cups View Post
We traded the little Wiz earlier this week, and now got the the big Wis!!

Damn I was just going to post we got the better Wis (?)

1" bigger and 17 lbs larger than him but he sounds like Kenny Jonsson II

Last edited by Pnut: 01-01-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:34 PM
TeamKidd

Good trade, i remember wanting wishart during the draft a few years ago, seems like a good trade IMO....at least it isnt a draft pick and its someone who has some potential.

Id think lawsons cameo last week would mean he's going to be coming up.

Id also think we'll see another vet defender go before the deadline, thus clearing the "log jam" at D a bit.

Sure seems we are in surefire tank mode, seems strange to trade your best player after winning 7 of 8, but welcome to wangs island.

TeamKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:36 PM
IslanderPride
Fire & Ice

tidbits
now we have 3 1st rd picks from the 2006 draft

7 Okposo
14 Grabner
16 Wishart

he was the 2nd Dman to be pick behind 1st overall Erik Johnson

IslanderPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:37 PM
DarkHorse
Go Banana!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
Sure seems we are in surefire tank mode, seems strange to trade your best player after winning 7 of 8, but welcome to wangs island.
Cross fingers...maybe Parenteau is next!

DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac View Post
wondering...who in the isles' organization scouted wishart and relayed to snow that he is a solid player worth trading for? or did garth just pull out the 2006 draft list and pull the trigger on this one? sorry, but it's a fair a question when it comes to this organization.
He was first person to accept Garth's Facebook friend request, thus completing our scouting process.

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:38 PM
Tavares2TheRescue
Leddy for America

vCash: 200
Good for Roli, but why trade him now? He was virtually the sole reason for this 6-1-1 streak... Guess we didn't want to risk falling out of the lottery.

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:39 PM
4cups*

Quote:
Good trade, i remember wanting wishart during the draft a few years ago, seems like a good trade IMO....at least it isnt a draft pick and its someone who has some potential.

Id think lawsons cameo last week would mean he's going to be coming up.

Id also think we'll see another vet defender go before the deadline, thus clearing the "log jam" at D a bit.

Can't kill Wang or Snow on this one. Its actually a very classy thing to do for a guy like Roloson. Rolo played his heart for us & he deserved to be dealt to a contender. It isn't like he was givin away. We got the Bolts best D prospect. Its actually a perfect trade. WE do Rolo a favor & get some real good value in return.

4cups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:40 PM
OpAck

If it means anything at all...the Isles roster on the website now lists just ol' wonky legs and Lawson...so I guess that may be the tandem.

OpAck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:40 PM
VT Isles Fan

[QUOTE=Sure seems we are in surefire tank mode, seems strange to trade your best player after winning 7 of 8, but welcome to wangs island.[/QUOTE]

Had to do something since the Devils keep losing

Saw the highlights briefly on CBC, Brodeur yanked again....

VT Isles Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:41 PM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavares2TheRescue View Post
Good for Roli, but why trade him now? He was virtually the sole reason for this 6-1-1 streak... Guess we didn't want to risk falling out of the lottery.
DING DING DING

winner winner chicken dinner!

Old
01-01-2011, 10:43 PM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Can't kill Wang or Snow on this one. Its actually a very classy thing to do for a guy like Roloson. Rolo played his heart for us & he deserved to be dealt to a contender. It isn't like he was givin away. We got the Bolts best D prospect. Its actually a perfect trade. WE do Rolo a favor & get some real good value in return.
Oh definitely, a classy thing to do. It's just an unfortunate position to be in where 7 wins gets you traded because we have zero shot. Good for Roloson to get off the island and go somewhere with a shot, bad for us because we suck. again.

and make no mistake, we will be seeing a lot of Lawson....and i suspect Poulin as well, as im sure DP will be injured under the workload.

quick question...if DP retires, does that invalidate his contract or do we still have to pay him?

Old
01-01-2011, 10:45 PM
Steve55

I really find this trade INSULTING after the Isles had a 6-1-1 run in the last 8. What is Wang doing here? I really think Wang's thrown in the towel after this one. It would really hurt to see this team tank until April.

Last edited by Steve55: 01-01-2011 at 10:50 PM.
Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:46 PM
4cups*

Quote:
Oh definitely, a classy thing to do. It's just an unfortunate position to be in where 7 wins gets you traded because we have zero shot. Good for Roloson to get off the island and go somewhere with a shot, bad for us because we suck. again.
Listen, the man is 41 yearsold, he was signed here in the first place to get something in value either last season or this season. So, Garth got value for him in the end.

4cups* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:47 PM
Tavares2TheRescue
Leddy for America

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
I really find this trade INSULTING after the Isles had a 6-1-1 run in the last 8. What is Wang doing here? I really think Wang's thrown in the towel after this one. It would really hurt to see this team tank until April.
Wang doesn't make the trades.

Tavares2TheRescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:52 PM
TeamKidd

Quote:
Listen, the man is 41 yearsold, he was signed here in the first place to get something in value either last season or this season. So, Garth got value for him in the end.
I understand that, im simply lamenting the fact that we are in the position, yet again, to trade away good players for prospects/picks....im not killing the deal. I like the deal....

and certainly, while the 7 of 8 was nice, i guess you cant be making decisions on the season based on those last games, as ive chronicaled before in other posts, we still have no shot. now, we have less of a shot. although im not sure how you get less than zero, which is probably what garth was thinking when he pulled the trigger on this deal....

Old
01-01-2011, 10:53 PM
Pnut

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.h...id=DL|NYI|home
now it's official

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Sneekypete

I wish I could find the post of someone ridiculing me when I posted a Roloson for Wishart or Panik deal. Wishart is very close to NHL ready if not NHL ready and will not only help the prospect depth but will help Bport immensely if he plays in Bport this year.
He has puck mover abilities , tons of hockey sense and a good shot.

IMO he is on par with CDH skills wise and his size can`t be taught

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Satan'sIsland81

Anyone still want to tell me that Snow is not tanking the season? Trade one of your top d-men and #1 goalie in one week and you are still trying to win? The team has been playing well recently, coincidence that suddenly the trades occur?... I think not. what happened to no excuses, we expect to make the playoffs?

and once again as usual, all isles fans on here are giddy about getting this former first round pick... a first round pick from 5 years ago that has not even sniffed the NHL yet and is coming to his third team already before even making an NHL roster.... yeah this guy is the next great addition to clueless Garth's rebuild.

Satan'sIsland81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:06 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

I'm happy for Roloson. Wishart seems to be a slow developer, but I've seen some good things about him.

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Renbarg

Don't know anything about the guy. Not worried though that this is his 3rd full year in the minors.

SOme YTs:

And a really random 9 sec clip with an old friend of ours:

Uh-oh didn't really watch hockey growing up.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Fantom

i am up in the air on this trade to be honest.
I am not to crazy about doing this move at this time. however we did get a fairly decent return. i think we could have gotten more personally. I hope there is something in the works.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:11 PM
JKP

Liked Rolo, good for him to go to a contender. Good for my hockey pool because I just picked him up a couple days ago.

Nice to see another high-end D prospect. We could be really stacked at D in a few years. This kid, De Haan, Hamonic, MacDonald, Streit, Jurcina (assuming he's signed). Maybe add Larsson this year.

Hope DP's knee is ready for the workload...

JKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:32 PM
RoseTintedVisor
Frans Nielsen?!?!?

Memo: To Team

Stop Winning or I'll get more players / picks. I <3 Entry Level Contracts.

RoseTintedVisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:34 PM
Isles Drive 4 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Vokoun might be able to be had at the deadline, if he is on the market Rolo's value goes down slightly.
THANK YOU..THANK YOU...SOMEBODY ELSE WHO GETS IT

same thing with Wiz....McCabe, Komosarik (sp) and others should be a available making it a buyers mkt...so he does it now beating people to the punch to insure the deal goes thru...plus Darth Snow/Wang know also they will be lucky to draw 5k to the games so in the same process they lower payroll.

I said on a few other threads and I'll say it again..this was a lost season b-4 the season even started with injuries so we might as well get the highest draft pick possible. After this season it will be 4 drafts/years of rebuilding and I strongly suspect that the Isles will be very aggressive, even overpaying for F/A this summer. Why am I this optimistic while the majority of Isles will be skeptical...is because of Money...wang finally got the favorable amendment to re negioate the terms of the lease which allows the isles/wang to profit on all the ancillary revenue stream..these are variable revenue streams meaning the more people that come to games the more money he makes...so basic logic dictates he's gonna have to go out and get quality F/A....along with a very low payroll to meet the cap floor to get 10k, 12k even 15k people back in the stands....he can't possibly be willing to stand pat this summer and have only crickets show up with the risk of losing his entire fan base even if they do go to queens, losing his players..every single player will want to get out of there, losing and leverage with the TOH/Nassau Politicians for a modified LHP. Plus I really don't think Darth Snow would actively participate in the destruction of a NHL franchise. Say what you want about him but he's a hockey player and loves the sport to much to that. wang didn't spend 180 mil to become the evil villian and in the process lose 180Mil in investment and lose another say 50 mil in operating losses.

So Isles Fans...put down the knife, step away from the ledge...this will be the last season of this and going forward starting next season we will see the fruits and progress of all this pain.

Isles Drive 4 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Isles Junkie
Brian Strait Sucks

Sounds like the Isles got themselves a good prospect back.

I'm really happy for Roloson. I'll definitely root for the Lightning the rest of the way. I hope he can take them really far.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote