HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Team

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Example

vCash: 500
The Team

This coaching is /facepalm to the maximum level. What is Renney doing? I've seen so many questionable choices by him that I'm wondering if he's fit to be our head coach. This might be because my frustration has boiled over with tonight's debacle, but I'm going to rant:

Eberle's Injury
So, he gets injured. So, the lines need to be rearranged. But... Jones to the first line? I understand if Renney may have been trying to have him produce off the rush of his goal, but it seemed more of a "Oh, let's just move this piece here" with no rationale. Where was Hemsky on the line with Hall? You seriously can't pretend that having Hemsky on Hall's line there to give him the puck would be a bad idea.

And with him out, I don't even see us cracking below a top 2 pick.

Penalties
Weren't even called. Very few times they could have been, but they just weren't. And the too many men on the ice? What kind of joke is that? Why? What happened?
^this just makes me mad.

Power Play
Or lack thereof.
I seriously think an 12 year old who's played NHL 11 for a month could make a better plan for our power play. What exactly is our plan here? Pass the puck until someone misses and hits the net?

Shots
Kinda relates to the power play. What the hell are we doing? Seriously? I kind of understand we can't do much since our defence can't do anything to help clear the zone, but managing 3 shots in that first period is ATROCIOUS. SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK.

Line-up
Paajarvi & Petry out. LOL? Seriously?
Want a "veteran" presence in Struddy? For gods sake, SCRATCH HIM. Petry, even if he doesn't play well, has the room to improve. He has potential. Strudwick is near the end of his career, he has no "untapped potential". And Paajarvi out? Our best 2-way rookie? We played JFJ and Stortini over him? I can kind of understand Stortini, he's not entirely useless, but JFJ? Really?

I'm just frustrated. Horrible game. Horrendous. Makes me question what Renney's doing.
I know I probably made completely wrong comments, but WOW.

Old
01-02-2011, 12:08 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Hall View Post
This coaching is /facepalm to the maximum level. What is Renney doing? I've seen so many questionable choices by him that I'm wondering if he's fit to be our head coach. This might be because my frustration has boiled over with tonight's debacle, but I'm going to rant:

Eberle's Injury
So, he gets injured. So, the lines need to be rearranged. But... Jones to the first line? I understand if Renney may have been trying to have him produce off the rush of his goal, but it seemed more of a "Oh, let's just move this piece here" with no rationale. Where was Hemsky on the line with Hall? You seriously can't pretend that having Hemsky on Hall's line there to give him the puck would be a bad idea.

And with him out, I don't even see us cracking below a top 2 pick.

Penalties
Weren't even called. Very few times they could have been, but they just weren't. And the too many men on the ice? What kind of joke is that? Why? What happened?
^this just makes me mad.

Power Play
Or lack thereof.
I seriously think an 12 year old who's played NHL 11 for a month could make a better plan for our power play. What exactly is our plan here? Pass the puck until someone misses and hits the net?

Shots
Kinda relates to the power play. What the hell are we doing? Seriously? I kind of understand we can't do much since our defence can't do anything to help clear the zone, but managing 3 shots in that first period is ATROCIOUS. SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK.

Line-up
Paajarvi & Petry out. LOL? Seriously?
Want a "veteran" presence in Struddy? For gods sake, SCRATCH HIM. Petry, even if he doesn't play well, has the room to improve. He has potential. Strudwick is near the end of his career, he has no "untapped potential". And Paajarvi out? Our best 2-way rookie? We played JFJ and Stortini over him? I can kind of understand Stortini, he's not entirely useless, but JFJ? Really?

I'm just frustrated. Horrible game. Horrendous. Makes me question what Renney's doing.
I know I probably made completely wrong comments, but WOW.
Well its wrong because this belongs in the Post game thread. Starting a thread to express your individual thoughts on any game is a misuse of a highly populated forum.

Closed Thread