HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dwayne Roloson Traded To Tampa Bay

Old
01-02-2011, 12:42 AM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
mcorcoran81 Mike Corcoran
Ty Wishart will be joining the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the AHL. #TBLightning #nyisles

http://twitter.com/#!/mcorcoran81/st...39707376259072

X0X0A0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:45 AM
majormet

vCash: 500
I think is a good trade, we were not going to resign him unless it was for 2 years and he would very old by then. We got a gamble of a player for him, my fear is that he was not good enough to crack the Lightning defensive roster after a few years in the AHL, but that could be said about half the Isles' roster.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:48 AM
KeziaTML

So Desjardins has 2 very good back to back games.. and this is how he is rewarded? I get the move, but I don't get the move.

KeziaTML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:49 AM
majormet

Three of the 20 guys that dress up for the Lightning nightly are guys that wore the blue and orange last year (Rolie, Bergey and Nate)

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:54 AM
Richard Brads

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeziaTML View Post
So Desjardins has 2 very good back to back games.. and this is how he is rewarded? I get the move, but I don't get the move.
what don't you get? he's a kid. rollies contract expires this year. i'm sure he'll get the majority of the games but desjardins will get back up duty. you think they're going to ride dejardins to the cup? you think DEJARDINS thinks they're going to ride him to the cup after two games?

good for rollie, seems like a good guy

Richard Brads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzo View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of this trade. Again, why are we dumping guys now when we could get teams to panic at the trade deadline?
don't exactly be surprised if the management is indeed tanking and trying to increase their odds of getting a 1st round pick.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:56 AM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

Whats the over/under on games played by Wishart for Bridgeport before he's wearing an Islanders sweater??.... I give him 8 games MAXIMUM before he's called up.. I think it will probably be more like 5 games.

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:57 AM
malPHONEY

While Roloson is a good goalie and was an admirable Islander, to our miserable narcissits...this is almost exactly what you'd want in return, right?

Good return, but who's in goal?

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Isles Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Wasn't the Campoli deal (for the 1st that we turned into deHaan) close to the deadline? In Feb as I recall.
yes and if you look at his trades on Hockeydb.com it says the Stars traded him & Comrie to the Sens.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:07 AM
KeziaTML

Quote:
Originally Posted by phathead hea View Post
what don't you get? he's a kid. rollies contract expires this year. i'm sure he'll get the majority of the games but desjardins will get back up duty. you think they're going to ride dejardins to the cup? you think DEJARDINS thinks they're going to ride him to the cup after two games?

good for rollie, seems like a good guy

2 games, 2 goals against. You ride Desjardins until he makes you stop riding him.

KeziaTML is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Isles Drive 4 5

At only twenty-two, the former San Jose Sharks first-round pick continues to improve at Norfolk, becoming even more adept offensively this season. Wishart leads the Admiral blueline in scoring with four goals and fourteen assists through 30 games. Last season, Wishart was minus-18 for the Admirals, but has changed that around, and is now plus-13. Wishart, the top defenseman in the Lightning system, certainly portends of a valuable player sometime very soon for Tampa Bay. Always replete with tremendous physical skill, this once highly touted prospect is finally beginning to ripen.

He's the Lightning #1 D prospect..was.. and this was a copy and pasted from the TB organization summary from Hockey Futures report. So at least he has 4 yrs of seasoning and is approaching his prime (23yr thru 28) and hey we could always resign rollie in the summer...hey u never know

Isles Drive 4 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:20 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
I am having fun with the twit on twitter incarcerated bob--he tweeted to name one media source that had Roloson to Tampa and gave in four(december 14th was the earliest I could find) what does the tosser do--deletes all the info and bans me from seeing tweets--man the guys an idiot

Heaven wont take me and hell is afraid I'd take 0ver
jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:24 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Drive 4 5 View Post
At only twenty-two, the former San Jose Sharks first-round pick continues to improve at Norfolk, becoming even more adept offensively this season. Wishart leads the Admiral blueline in scoring with four goals and fourteen assists through 30 games. Last season, Wishart was minus-18 for the Admirals, but has changed that around, and is now plus-13. Wishart, the top defenseman in the Lightning system, certainly portends of a valuable player sometime very soon for Tampa Bay. Always replete with tremendous physical skill, this once highly touted prospect is finally beginning to ripen.

He's the Lightning #1 D prospect..was.. and this was a copy and pasted from the TB organization summary from Hockey Futures report. So at least he has 4 yrs of seasoning and is approaching his prime (23yr thru 28) and hey we could always resign rollie in the summer...hey u never know
I'm a big fan if it as well, and to the people who think this puts the Isles in tank mode remember that Nabokov is still unsigned and if someone signs him in the near future the Isles have a great chance in claiming him.

This was the perfect time for the deal. We all knew Rolie was getting traded sooner or later.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:27 AM
Law

Send a message via AIM to Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I'm a big fan if it as well, and to the people who think this puts the Isles in tank mode remember that Nabokov is still unsigned and if someone signs him in the near future the Isles have a great chance in claiming him.

This was the perfect time for the deal. We all knew Rolie was getting traded sooner or later.
$50? $100? How much can I bet you that this doesn't happen?

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:37 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle Junkie View Post
don't exactly be surprised if the management is indeed tanking and trying to increase their odds of getting a 1st round pick.
I think (I am an oiler fan) that Snow and co see how bad the oilers are and realize that even though the NYI are playing bad--oilers play worse sometimes and the NYI need another top guy as part of their rebuild and will what it takes to get it

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:40 AM
Brain Hemorrhage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
Sure seems we are in surefire tank mode, seems strange to trade your best player after winning 7 of 8, but welcome to wangs island.
Maybe, but now one of Lawson, Poulin and Koskinen can be moved up to the NHL. With Rick's knee needing constant rest, that means all of our goalies will be getting more minutes.

January 1st was not too early to make this deal, when you consider that. Also, love the decision to keep him in Bridgeport. He is starting to blossom offensively and needs the AHL to build his confidence. He is only 22 years old!

Brain Hemorrhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:42 AM
Brain Hemorrhage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I think (I am an oiler fan) that Snow and co see how bad the oilers are and realize that even though the NYI are playing bad--oilers play worse sometimes and the NYI need another top guy as part of their rebuild and will what it takes to get it
Snow was rumored to be going after another first line scorer to help Tavares out. Since we can't sign anybody, I suppose Snow's logical conclusion was to start tanking now.

Shrewd, and will make fans hate him more, but if it pays off then he could get a championship ring in a few years.

Brain Hemorrhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:42 AM
Yashin for President

who does Wishart compare to in the NHL? Sounds a lot like Jay Boumeester Lite to me, which I would gladly take.

Yashin for President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Good luck to Rolie, loved the guy during his time here, and will be rooting for him in the playoffs. Another good move by Stevie Y.

Also a good move for the Isles, instead of another pick we get a big young kid on D(which our system really lacks), who should be able to contribute soon.

This also clears up the logjam in the AHL, this should only help the development of Poulin/Koskinen.

DP and Lawson now have their chance to prove themselves throughout the rest of the season.

Last edited by Doug Height: 01-02-2011 at 02:34 AM.
Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:29 AM
TheDaysOf 04
Rated [SFY]

Good luck with Wishart. Kid's got great character. Off the ice he won the AHL Man of the Year award for Norfolk last year for all the community service he does. He really enjoys helping out with that. On the ice he's worn the A for his AHL and WHL teams and was the captain of Canada's U-18 team. He'll stick up for teammates and likes the leader role.

When he was drafted by SJ people thought of him as more of a shut down guy. The 2 big knocks on him was his offensive and his physical game. Since then his offensive game has really grown. He had a 16 goal, 67 point season in his last year in the WHL and each year his numbers have grown in the AHL. Physical wise he's been some what of a late bloomer growing into his big body. From what I've seen this has not been a problem for him anymore and he is not afraid to check a guy in open ice.

For those who are looking at his -18 +/- stat from last season it is very deceptive. His rookie AHL season he led Norfolk defensemen in +/- and this season he is a +13. The first half of last season he was on a terrible pairing with Matt Lashoff who played like junk. Lashoff didn't work hard and really couldn't pull it together. There was a coaching change and after being switched to a different pair halfway through the season he was a -1

He is very poised and even though his development has been slower than other 1st rounders he still has what it takes to not only make the NHL but be a real good player. I'm bad at comparing prospects to NHL players but I've heard Scott Hannan from a few.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:34 AM
Stercrazy

I think this was a good trade. Rolli has played well for the Isles but he is in the last year of his contract, he's 41, and Lawson look good. I think Wis will get his shot soon for the Isles and we'll see how it impacts the D. Good luck to Rolli he deserves a shot.

Stercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:35 AM
Doug Height
Okposwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Good luck with Wishart. Kid's got great character. Off the ice he won the AHL Man of the Year award for Norfolk last year for all the community service he does. He really enjoys helping out with that. On the ice he's worn the A for his AHL and WHL teams and was the captain of Canada's U-18 team. He'll stick up for teammates and likes the leader role.

When he was drafted by SJ people thought of him as more of a shut down guy. The 2 big knocks on him was his offensive and his physical game. Since then his offensive game has really grown. He had a 16 goal, 67 point season in his last year in the WHL and each year his numbers have grown in the AHL. Physical wise he's been some what of a late bloomer growing into his big body. From what I've seen this has not been a problem for him anymore and he is not afraid to check a guy in open ice.

For those who are looking at his -18 +/- stat from last season it is very deceptive. His rookie AHL season he led Norfolk defensemen in +/- and this season he is a +13. The first half of last season he was on a terrible pairing with Matt Lashoff who played like junk. Lashoff didn't work hard and really couldn't pull it together. There was a coaching change and after being switched to a different pair halfway through the season he was a -1

He is very poised and even though his development has been slower than other 1st rounders he still has what it takes to not only make the NHL but be a real good player. I'm bad at comparing prospects to NHL players but I've heard Scott Hannan from a few.
Thank you very much for the report on Wishart.

Doug Height is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:49 AM
TheIslesFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post

Wow I like what I'm hearing out of this kid

TheIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:55 AM
Groin Of Bates

So, Roloson was finally given the respect he deserves. I can credit Snow for that.

DiPietro as our #1? Officially puts the New York Islanders into tank mode. And yes, to all the apologists, he's had the same amount of good games as I have fingers on one hand.

This season has officially become a "let's see what our prospects and injured players have" year, which is 100% an absolute disgrace to the franchise and fanbase.

Groin Of Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:57 AM
Backhand of Justice
Casey Zeeky

Gonna miss the old guy. Best of luck to Rollie.

Looking forward to this Wishart kid.

Backhand of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote