HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 News Around the NHL thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2010, 11:57 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235

Beautiful.

Old
12-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Holy Jokinen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post

Beautiful.
Nice goal, but the spin-o-rama BS is gonna get him laid out very very soon. Kid is a schmuck, but he's got talent, no doubt.

Old
12-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Gudbranson44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
Nice goal, but the spin-o-rama BS is gonna get him laid out very very soon. Kid is a schmuck, but he's got talent, no doubt.
isnt that what the shoot outs are for? personally i prefer stuff like that compared to the guys who just fake and shoot...

Old
12-11-2010, 12:58 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
I disagree. Think it was a fine goal, the whole point of the shootout is to try flamboyant stuff, even if it doesn't directly effect the scoring of the goal. Why go strike down a player when he does exactly that?

Last edited by I May Be Wrong: 12-11-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old
12-11-2010, 01:55 PM
zeroG

what? the shootouts are for showboating?

no, sorry.

they are a 1v1 where the object is to score/prevent score and thus, help determine who will win the game.

i watched that live last night and was like "whoa, what was that?" but it didn't bother me. looks like he actually flubbed the shot and got lucky. it was exciting, tho. the problem is, as bmac put it, what if he loses the puck doing some bull**** like that and loses the game for his team? no, it ain't what shootouts are about, though that type of stuff might make the league reconsider getting rid of the shootout.

Old
12-11-2010, 01:58 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisournextbure View Post
isnt that what the shoot outs are for? personally i prefer stuff like that compared to the guys who just fake and shoot...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booootthh View Post
I disagree. Think it was a fine goal, the whole point of the shootout is to try flamboyant stuff, even if it doesn't directly effect the point of the sport. Why go strike down a player when he does exactly that?
The difference is the kid is playing in his first NHL game. Walking in like you own the place, while impressive, is gonna put a target on your back. I guarantee you he's gonna be receiving some big hits in the coming weeks. He better hope he's not going against Philly anytime soon.

All i'm saying is, if you do that in your first NHL game, guys are going to welcome you to the NHL the "proper" way and he and his teammates better be ready for it. There's a reason there aren't a ton of ego's in hockey, and that's because it's a humbling sport. And this kid has yet to be humbled.

But i take nothing away from his obvious skills. The goal was sick, and if that kid was in a Panther's jersey doing that, i would've crapped my pants out of excitement.

Old
12-11-2010, 02:01 PM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
what? the shootouts are for showboating?

no, sorry.

they are a 1v1 where the object is to score/prevent score and thus, help determine who will win the game.

i watched that live last night and was like "whoa, what was that?" but it didn't bother me. looks like he actually flubbed the shot and got lucky. it was exciting, tho. the problem is, as bmac put it, what if he loses the puck doing some bull**** like that and loses the game for his team? no, it ain't what shootouts are about, though that type of stuff might make the league reconsider getting rid of the shootout.
Alright, let me correct myself. The shootout allows players to try flamboyant moves and what not. I personally like the creativity in the shootout.

Old
12-11-2010, 05:49 PM
Erick

I really don't see the big deal about the goal.
It's not as if he completely fooled the goalie with his spin-o-rama AT CENTER ICE.

Ellis had a real decent shot to stop that puck, and he didn't. Tampa Bay's goalies really suck. Like...if their goalies were halfway decent, they'd be a top team in the East. Sort of like the whole if we had an elite forward, we'd be a playoff team, as well. They're the Panthers, in reverse.

Old
12-11-2010, 06:29 PM
RainingRats

Sports are entertainment. Nothing wrong with what he did.

Old
12-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Gudbranson44

i just dont get the whole argument about it. things like this makes the shootouts more fun and entertaining, so why are we complaining?
and just so u know, omark isnt a humble guy. he just oozes confidence. He knows what he can do, and he wont try anything he feels uncomfortable with. this is his style of play, this is his game. if we had him on our roster id be psyched, and im 100% sure every one of yall would be too.

Old
12-13-2010, 11:41 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Dustin Boyd waived again, wasn't there rumors that we might pick him up? I swear I read something like that somewhere.... hmm

Old
12-13-2010, 11:47 AM
TimHortons
Gud Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarFLA View Post
Dustin Boyd waived again, wasn't there rumors that we might pick him up? I swear I read something like that somewhere.... hmm
Yeah. Poster El Nino on the main boards claims to have inside sources saying the Cats were high on Boyd. We'll see I guess.

Old
12-15-2010, 04:20 AM
Gudbranson44

rolston on waivers now. i highly doubt we will make a move now, but if he's put on re-entry waivers its 2.5 for 2 years. i used to like him a lot, but that was like 6-7 years ago so im not so sure about him now.
what do u guys think?

Old
12-15-2010, 12:45 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Definitely not at this point in his career. Five years ago, I would have definitely give him a thought, but we don't need a guy on his way out of the league in the near future.

Old
12-15-2010, 11:12 PM
RainingRats

Just watched the HBO 24/7 capitals/penguins and it is excellent. I recommend you do whatever you can to watch this.

Old
12-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Boooooth10

I highly recommend watching the documentary HBO is doing on the winter classic. It's pretty funny and it shows the Caps locker room during the Panthers game.

Edit: Guess I should have looked before posting. I agree with RR!

Old
01-01-2011, 09:52 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Lightning just got Roloson for Wishart.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...4#post29915054

Old
01-02-2011, 10:14 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
Just watched the HBO 24/7 capitals/penguins and it is excellent. I recommend you do whatever you can to watch this.
watched the first installment last night. very cool. great exposure for the game.

anyone else think boudreau's a bit of a clown? not incredibly articulate and, fss, how many F bombs can you drop in one speech to your players? also, in the first clip, he's got half the hoagie he was eating during the interview still on his lips.

Old
01-02-2011, 11:16 AM
panthersfan751

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittysGotClaws View Post
Lightning just got Roloson for Wishart.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...4#post29915054
Not good for us. Not only did Tampa get better, but there goes another team who could've been a trading partner for Vokoun.

I really don't know how much of a market there is going to be for him with Tampa now having a goalie and Ottawa struggling.

Old
01-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
watched the first installment last night. very cool. great exposure for the game.

anyone else think boudreau's a bit of a clown? not incredibly articulate and, fss, how many F bombs can you drop in one speech to your players? also, in the first clip, he's got half the hoagie he was eating during the interview still on his lips.
Honestly, I'm completely shocked your knocking a coach, but that's exactly what I thought. He made himself look awful, imo. Bylsma oth, looked like the exact type of coach you want on your team.

01-02-2011, 11:49 AM
RainingRats

Quote:

Yeah, he didn't look good in the first episode but my opinion changed by the third episode.

Old
01-02-2011, 11:51 AM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
Not good for us. Not only did Tampa get better, but there goes another team who could've been a trading partner for Vokoun.

I really don't know how much of a market there is going to be for him with Tampa now having a goalie and Ottawa struggling.
This is a loss for us in every way. Tampa gets better, doesn't need a goalie, NYI gets worse which also hurts us tank wise.

Old
01-02-2011, 12:20 PM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post

As of now it is bad but a goalie could get injured on a playoff team.

Old
01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

How is Tampa getting better bad for us? We have like 3 games left against them.

Old
01-02-2011, 01:38 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
How is Tampa getting better bad for us? We have like 3 games left against them.
For me, it's not wanting our cross-state rivals to succeed that much.

Closed Thread