HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

stick flex and curve?

Old
01-02-2011, 11:38 AM
Parisex9

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Parisex9
stick flex and curve?

i recently just bought a stick and i was looking at the flex ..it says p92 reg 87 flex lie 6..but then on the back it says flex 112..it feels more like a 112 then an 87 flex, which is it?

i also have a problem shooting with the new curve. most of my shots hit the class and go over the net. any ideas if i should change the curve?

Parisex9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:29 PM
dannythekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisex9 View Post
i recently just bought a stick and i was looking at the flex ..it says p92 reg 87 flex lie 6..but then on the back it says flex 112..it feels more like a 112 then an 87 flex, which is it?

i also have a problem shooting with the new curve. most of my shots hit the class and go over the net. any ideas if i should change the curve?
Go with the first number that states the curve type as well. What you're looking at on the back is more than likely the gauge of what the flex will be when you cut it down. It may also show 95,108, or similar numbers. As it gets smaller the stiffness increases.

As far as the curve goes, I belive the p92 has a pretty open face and that is going to lift your shots up more than a closed face blade. You can also try working on your shots and not opening your hands as much on your release.

dannythekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 04:00 PM
AIREAYE

The stick flex is whatever is printed on it. The back is what the flex would become if you cut it to that point

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote