HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Make Your Five (5) Buffalo Sabres Predictions for 2011

Old
12-30-2010, 08:49 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Barr View Post
1. Regier and Ruff stay for the rest of the season, even if Pegula buys the team.
2. Connolly is NOT traded at the deadline, but Butler and Rivet are.
3. Sabres make the playoffs as the 8th seed, just barely squeaking by Montreal on the last day of the season.
4. Sabres get stomped by Pittsburgh in round 1 of the playoffs, getting swept.
5. Sabres draft a defenseman/right winger in this year's draft.
TO Accurate ...Are you Darcy?

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:10 PM
SundherDome
Jhonas is an Ewok

1.) No one gets traded at the deadline or before
2.) we finish 10th and draft 12th
3.) Darcy and Lindy receive 3 year extensions with 4th year options
4.) Sabres resign Timmy,Mancari,and Parrish.
5.) We signNick Boynton and trade our 3rd in the draft and Jacob Legace for Saku Koivu at the draft on day 2.

SundherDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Mike McDermott
blah blah blah

1) We make a push from mid January until early March just to fall apart at the end and finish 10th
2) We trade a useful draft pick for someone who does nothing to help us @ the trade deadline
3) Tin Man is somehow traded at the deadline as well (for what I'm not sure)
4) Ruff is offered a deal to stay by new ownership but says he is only stay if DR and LQ are kept and thus we are screwed even more
5) Jame then subsequently snaps and flys to Buffalo and goes postal @ a press conference that he managed to sneak into; taking out 2/3 of the above mentioned (I couldn't come up with a good 5 so....)

Mike McDermott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:25 PM
OcAirlines

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Wallace View Post
5) Jame then subsequently snaps and flys to Buffalo and goes postal @ a press conference that he managed to sneak into; taking out 2/3 of the above mentioned (I couldn't come up with a good 5 so....)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM3Z_Kskl_U ?

OcAirlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:30 PM
Tachycineta

1. Pegula buys the team, replaces Regier and an Interim guy is named. Lindy stays until a full summer evaluation.

2. The Sabres meddle where they are and finish with the 7th overall pick.

3. The Sabres go forward in the first round (we can get a stud d in 12 if need be) and take Shane Prince 10 spots too early and take some random unskilled tough guy in the second round.

4. The Sabres re-sign Connolly again.

5. Rob Niedermayer becomes our #1 Center for the season.

2010 bandwagon jumper- Go Habs and Bruins!

Last edited by Tachycineta: 12-30-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Tachycineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:39 PM
CaptPantalones

1. Pegula makes a big splash and brings in a huge name as GM. Wanting to win a Cup in the only place he didnt, Scotty Bowman becomes Sabres GM. Lindy Ruff is retained.

2. before being fired, Regier purges some vets, trading Connolly, Neids and Rivet for picks and prospects. One of those prospects cracks next years opening night roster.

3. Buffalo takes Ryan Strome in round 1.

4. Scotty acquires a top 6 forward and defenseman at the draft.

CaptPantalones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Tra La La

Pegula sale falls through. Regier is let walk. Ruff becomes GM. Mccutcheon is named head coach. Vanek is placed on waivers.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Timbo Slice
Tank Nation

1 - We'll play above .500 hockey the rest of this season

2 - We'll still miss the playoffs, but only be eliminated in the last week or so of the season

3 - Darcy Regier is fired after the season

4 - Lindy Ruff is retained for another year

5 - The Sabres have a good offseason and finish top 3 in the East in the 2011-2012 season.

Timbo Slice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:27 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
1 - We'll play above .500 hockey the rest of this season

2 - We'll still miss the playoffs, but only be eliminated in the last week or so of the season

3 - Darcy Regier is fired after the season

4 - Lindy Ruff is retained for another year

5 - The Sabres have a good offseason and finish top 3 in the East in the 2011-2012 season.
Those two together are impossible.
If we play .500 hockey for the rest of the year somehow, we'll still only end up with 79 points, so we'll be eliminated long before the last week.
The chance of us even making the 8th seed is a whopping 3%.

Anyways, my predictions:
1.) Inevitably, we'll end up picking someone in the draft that I will be angry about for a couple of weeks, like the last few drafts, and I'll get over it eventually.

2.) Regier and Ruff will be retained, even after the Pegula sale.

3.) We will not make any useful moves in free agency simply because most of the free agents are not what we need: old complementary guys in their prime or past it looking to win a cup.

4.) Tim Connolly will be retained and the reasoning will be "he was the best center available". I don't even want to speculate how dumb the contract will be. It will probably include a NMC or something absolutely stupid.

5.) We will suck again in 2011-12 and miss the playoffs. We'll possibly stop trying to bandage over problems with the team and blow it up already.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Tachycineta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
If we play .500 hockey for the rest of the year somehow, we'll still only end up with 79 points, so we'll be eliminated long before the last week.

Anyways, my predictions:
1.) Inevitably, we'll end up picking someone in the draft that I will be angry about for a couple of weeks, like the last few drafts, and I'll get over it eventually.

3.) We will not make any useful moves in free agency simply because most of the free agents are not what we need: old complementary guys in their prime or past it looking to win a cup.

4.) Tim Connolly will be retained and the reasoning will be "he was the best center available". I don't even want to speculate how dumb the contract will be. It will probably include a NMC or something absolutely stupid.

5.) We will suck again in 2011-12 and miss the playoffs. We'll possibly stop trying to bandage over problems with the team and blow it up already.
I think he means better than .500 hockey but not good enough to make the playoffs (we probably need to play at least .7 hockey realistically).

Tachycineta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:02 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachycineta View Post
I think he means better than .500 hockey but not good enough to make the playoffs (we probably need to play at least .7 hockey realistically).
Oh yeah, I guess I missed that.
We need to play around .650 to even have a 50% chance though.
.600 would get us to 88, so I guess that might be within the last week or two.

Even good teams have a hard time playing that consistently for a long period of time like half a season though.

jfb392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 09:55 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Predictions for the calendar year of 2011. Maybe they are wishes too.

1 stafford and Gaustad gone
2 rivet and neidermayer gone
3 morrisonn and Hecht gone
4 they take a lesson from montreal and San Jose and choose better music to play between the action. RETIRE all John Denver and Neil Diamond songs. That crap pumps up no one under 50!
5 For every goal for both teams announce the number of goals on the season the player has NOT just for sabres players. That would be a nice touch.

It's impossible for me to predict what the new owner will do because he doesn't have a track record of action or inaction.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Ron C.
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post

Anyways, my predictions:

I had a few points to make, but I read this one and it covered all of them .

Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 02:16 PM
Endless Ike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
1) Connolly is traded to the San Bernadino Pansies at the trade deadline.
The Pansies can't afford his salary!

Endless Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Salzig
I am laudable.

1.) Ruff and Regier will stay for the rest of the season. They will be replaced during the offseason, though.

2.) The Sabres will finish somewhere in no-man's-land and won't have the opportunity to draft one of the top (ranked) prospects.

3.) They will draft (what they call) a super solid player in the first round of the draft.

4.) The Sabres will only make two trades at the deadline.

5.) Zack Kassian will be traded during the 2011/2012 season.

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 12:50 PM
LHJMQFAN

1) The new owner will retain both Regier and Ruff because they will tell him they couldn't do anything with Golisano beeing so cheap...
2) They will then NOT trade for someone better at center because they say they still have the 2 best centers in the league (Connolly, Adam(WTF???)).
3) They refuse to trade any player because they have everything they need "in the system".
4) They will pick two offensive defensemen with their two first picks.
5)They will maybe (and I say maybe) get a rental to try to make the playoffs or consolidate their position. They will not then be able to retain that player because every player who has a non trade clause has Buffalo and Edmonton on their NO NO list, so why would anyone else be here if they can go somewhere else???

LHJMQFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Moskau

I really just don't see how so many people can expect Regier to be back next year.

And I think Ruff will be coaching New Jersey next year. If he hits the market Lou Lams will be all over that, unless Tallinder completely killed Lou's respect for Lindy's coaching.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
I really just don't see how so many people can expect Regier to be back next year.
Agreed. Regier's as good as gone. Pegula is going to want his own guy at the top, and being a big Sabres fan, he's as frustrated at management's decisions over the last few years as anyone else.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote