HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Valiant effort but no dice - Habs Lose 4-3 in OT

Old
01-02-2011, 02:55 PM
zx81

vCash: 500
oops nevermind

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:55 PM
JackZap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Wasn't Desharnais on the ice when PK took the penalty?
hmm, ill be honest im not sure, I thought it was Halpern?

JackZap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:56 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingRat View Post
Bring back Halak, am I right boys?
You do realize even after this bad streak for the Habs that Price's stats are still better than those of Halak's?

Drop that already, we don't need this crap here again.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:56 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
Wasn't Desharnais on the ice when PK took the penalty?
Pretty sure it was Desharnais and Pacioretty on forward when PK took the penalty.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:57 PM
kigol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Right, and they didn't miss one single call against the Habs, right? The refs never miss calls against he Habs.

Every loss has someone complaining about the reffing.
If reffing was right, we probably don't even go to OT and no one whines. However, an OBVIOUS almost automatic call with 2 minutes left in the 3rd wasn't called and it basically cost us 1 point and gave ATL 2. I'm done with this subject. What has happened, well, happened. It's frustrating, but that's how it's been since that game in Detroit. Good day sir.

kigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So that's where our expectations have gone now? A couple of good passes are enough to be fine with his game? A top 6 player that has the greatest wrister of the team and almost the entire league? That has the power to change the outcome of the game?

Listening to some of you talk, you'd think we're talking about Pyatt for a second.....But again, I guess that's what the expectations are....
He wasn't great, but he did play well, and was far from invisible. Just because he didn't score any goals, he didn't play a bad game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Yes I can, he is ugly

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Boardish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thing is....when Brunet keeps mentioning, true that it's redundant....but most people think the same. Where was he today? Problem with Kostitsyn is that he's the most frustrating player on this team. Capable of doing so much more with the talent he has but then....nowhere to be found. At least that's what Brunet thinks. But Kostitsyn is just that. A player with talent that will bring it once in a while.
I honestly think that Kostitsyn played an okay game today with the ice time he had. He made some nice plays. Of course Kostitsyn is FAR, FAR from being perfect, and needs to play better, but Brunet keeping taking cheap shot at him for no real reason. It really looks like pure hate to me. Brunet shouldn't act like the average fan too, he's the freaking analyst, he has big responsabilities with his job.

Boardish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:59 PM
kigol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam91 View Post
Price is wearing down, what a shocker...
I'd say the D is wearing down, Price is just playing too much. That's what happens when your #2 is named Alex Auld.

Old
01-02-2011, 02:59 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Pretty sure it was Desharnais and Pacioretty on forward when PK took the penalty.
It was. Desharnais was with the two dmen at the point while the other 3 habs were covering the two Thrashers down low and took a penalty.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:00 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kigol View Post
If reffing was right, we probably don't even go to OT and no one whines. However, an OBVIOUS almost automatic call with 2 minutes left in the 3rd wasn't called and it basically cost us 1 point and gave ATL 2. I'm done with this subject. What has happened, well, happened. It's frustrating, but that's how it's been since that game in Detroit. Good day sir.
If the Habs had any kind of finish, we're not even complaining about the call.

It's just annoying that some of you can't look at the game objectively. Atlanta is "lucky". The reffs "stole the game". They missed calls on Atlanta but of course, none on Montreal...blah blah blah.

Hold your team accountable for once. Yes, every so often there's some awful officating...but you guys complain about the officiating after every loss.

JayBee* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Mister Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardish View Post
I honestly think that Kostitsyn played an okay game today with the ice time he had. He made some nice plays. Of course Kostitsyn is FAR, FAR from being perfect, and needs to play better, but Brunet keeping taking cheap shot at him for no real reason. It really looks like pure hate to me. Brunet shouldn't act like the average fan too, he's the freaking analyst, he has big responsabilities with his job.
That's the reason why he should be fired before JM is.

Mister Potato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:01 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
I'd say the D is wearing down, Price is just playing too much. That's what happens when your #2 is named Alex Auld.
Auld who has been above awesome so far this year? Even though I wanted to keep Desjardins, Mr. Auld has been great.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Adam91

Quote:
Meaning he's wearing down from playing too much....

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:04 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Auld who has been above awesome so far this year? Even though I wanted to keep Desjardins, Mr. Auld has been great.
I wouldn't say he was great. He's won games, and has been a fine backup, but he's let in some stinkers.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:05 PM
JayBee*

Quote:
Yea, he's really unprofessional, but it's RDS.

Old
01-02-2011, 03:09 PM
mvp76

Price has kept us in alot of games..time to return the favor every once and awhile

Good game overall..too many defensive breakdowns

mvp76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
kigol

Quote:
If the Habs had any kind of finish, we're not even complaining about the call.

It's just annoying that some of you can't look at the game objectively. Atlanta is "lucky". The reffs "stole the game". They missed calls on Atlanta but of course, none on Montreal...blah blah blah.

Hold your team accountable for once. Yes, every so often there's some awful officating...but you guys complain about the officiating after every loss.
Look around, fans from every teams complain about the officiating after every loss. I didn't see anyone say that Atlanta got lucky btw. And obviously there were missed calls on Atlanta but no one discussed it because that's NOT THE POINT.

I'll even say that while the team's finish obviously didn't help, it was more because Pavelec stood on his head that resulted in our loss. Now quit trolling and let's move on with our lives.

Old
Craig71

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Second......the Habs deserved this one. If you get 49 shots you should win. I liked the way they played but were not able to get the win. "Sometimes when you win, you are not as good as you think you look, but sometimes when you lose, you are not as bad as you think you are"----Mike Babcock.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Darth Joker

Well, I don't think that AKost hurt the team or anything like that. He was Ok.

Really, this loss is pretty much on Price. Or, from a Thrashers perspective, the win is on Pavelec and opportunistic goal scoring.

AKost is at his best, though, when he's playing like a bull in a china shop. That's the AKost I hope to see next game.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:10 PM
kigol

Quote:
Yea, he's really unprofessional, but it's RDS.
that, we agree on.

Old
01-02-2011, 03:12 PM
JayBee*

it's funny how hard Hab fans try to find a goat for every loss. Good grief.

Old
01-02-2011, 03:16 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
Once again Price couldnt make a key save to bail out a teamate

The haters are already back...what a surprise

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Auld's numbers are as good as any #2 in the NHL, no way Price should have played that much.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
We're giving so much important to analysts, commentators and all. They are still human beings. On top of that, Brunet was an ex-habs. Of course he'll have feelings. The fact that he's taking position doesn't bother me one bit. I don't like him 'cause he sucks at his job not at the position he's taking. And of course, even as far as Kostitsyn is concerned, he keeps repeating that he doesn't like him 'cause he has so much talent, again, true, but stops saying it every single time. And concentrate on somebody else once in a while. As far as being an average fan, you're lucky you're not a Bruins fan....you'd hate every TV show out there and you'd hate more the games with Edwards describing it....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:17 PM
HabFan1975

Who else here would love to see an AK "boulette canon" deflects straight up and breaks Brunets nose?

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote