HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Beauchemin to SJ

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-02-2011, 01:29 PM
  #1
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 53,544
vCash: 500
Beauchemin to SJ

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...710/story.html

Edmonton pundit thinks Toronto may trade D Francois Beauchemin and his $3.6m salary to SJ.


Guessing would have to be 1-2 roster players to clear enough cap space. Joslin, Setoguchi?

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:30 PM
  #2
lol3rdround
Registered User
 
lol3rdround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Prince George, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 275
vCash: 500
dude sucks, how about no

lol3rdround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:31 PM
  #3
rangerssharks414
Registered User
 
rangerssharks414's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 9,717
vCash: 500
What the ****? I don't think anyone on this board wants Beauchemin. He's not that good, and he definitely isn't worth what the Sharks would have to pay him.

rangerssharks414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:37 PM
  #4
Gilligans Island
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Gilligans Island's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SF/Bay Area
Posts: 5,774
vCash: 500
I could see Beauch + either a fwd who's good on the PK (Brown or Sjostrom) or a prospect

for

Seto + Huskins (to clear up cap space). Joslin, too, if the Leafs add a prospect.

BTW, Beauch's cap hit is $3.8

Gilligans Island is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:43 PM
  #5
JPavs8Clutchy*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bye
Country: United States
Posts: 4,656
vCash: 500
How about no, lol.

JPavs8Clutchy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:49 PM
  #6
slocal
Global Moderator
Ben Dayho
 
slocal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Los Osos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,916
vCash: 500

slocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:58 PM
  #7
Nighthock
**** the Kings ...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPavs8Clutchy View Post
How about no, lol.

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:59 PM
  #8
Thepainter
Registered User
 
Thepainter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,127
vCash: 500

Thepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:00 PM
  #9
Nighthock
**** the Kings ...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 1004
In all honesty, it would be a nice pickup ... a good shot blocker with some offensive upside (or at least he used to be) that still throws the body. Why is this bad? (other than salary)

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
  #10
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,486
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
In all honesty, it would be a nice pickup ... a good shot blocker with some offensive upside (or at least he used to be) that still throws the body. Why is this bad? (other than salary)
its bad because, the only defense shark fans believe they deserve are the prongers, lidstroms of the nhl. and anything else is just a waste of space.

this would be a good pick up (if the right players went the other way).

no he may not be a #1 or even a #4 defensemen on any team in the league. but he can still eat minutes that can be used to rest boyle, vlasic, murray for the playoffs.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:33 PM
  #11
Nighthock
**** the Kings ...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 1004
Well, he was an all-star before going to the black-hole that is Toronto

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:38 PM
  #12
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding
 
Barrie22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,486
vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
Well, he was an all-star before going to the black-hole that is Toronto
he also played with 2 future hall of famers to, i'm not saying beauchemin is an all star or anything like that. but he is much better then huskins, wallin, joslin.

on most teams in the nhl he is a mediocre #4 but a decent #5.

Barrie22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:41 PM
  #13
Mafoofoo
Hockey
 
Mafoofoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 12,257
vCash: 500



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthock View Post
Well, he was an all-star before going to the black-hole that is Toronto
I could be an all-star playing behind Pronger-Niedermayer and a good Giguere too.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:44 PM
  #14
hockeyball
Registered User
 
hockeyball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 16,799
vCash: 500
You guys who think this is a good idea haven't watch Beauch play this season. He's been terrible. Honestly everyone in our top-4 (Boyle, Murray, Vlasic, Demers) has played substantially better than Beauch.

Salary we don't need from a player that does not help us.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:51 PM
  #15
Nighthock
**** the Kings ...
 
Nighthock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 15,606
vCash: 1004
we're still playing Marleau and Heatley - what have done for us lately?

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:52 PM
  #16
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC
 
ChompChomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX (Ugh)
Country: United States
Posts: 8,703
vCash: 500
Should this thread have the tag of "Speculation" and not "Rumor?" I don't see a rumor here.

BTW, is this the same guy from EDM who kept saying the Sharks were going to acquire Souray?

ChompChomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:53 PM
  #17
ChompChomp
SACK T-MAC
 
ChompChomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dallas, TX (Ugh)
Country: United States
Posts: 8,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
he also played with 2 future hall of famers to
So did Kent Huskins, the same 2 future hall of famers in fact, at the same time.

ChompChomp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 02:53 PM
  #18
sjshark91
Registered User
 
sjshark91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: I.E.
Country: United States
Posts: 22,779
vCash: 2810

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:06 PM
  #19
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor
 
WineShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,985
vCash: 500
There is some sense to it. Douglas is hurting and he really is not as effective logging top pair minutes. He is best when he is rested and plays closer to 18 minutes a night. Boyle needs someone to play who can log minutes and watch his back in case someone wants to chop at his wrists. Beauchemin can fill that role.

Beauchemin leads Toronto in TOI/60 and is paired against the top players on the other team generally and has decent CORSI ratings. Beauchemin also would be a good partner for Boyle on the PP which means the defensive pairings wouldn't have to be screwed up when the team was on the PP.

Vlasic needs a big body to play with. Murray can fill that role. No, there is still no puck carrier in the tandem, but if Murray throws the body and gets possession, Vlasic can support and start the offense by cleaning up the litter after a Murray hit.

Boyle-Beauchemin
Vlasic-Murray
Huskins/Wallin-Demers

That is materially better than what we have.

My guess is we would lose a forward in the transaction since that is what Toronto needs. Beauchemin's cap hit is $3.8. We are almost half way through the season so lets call it $1.9 and we have $650 in space, so we would have to send someone with at least a $1.25M contract in return.

Clowe would be at the top of their list but that's a non-starter. Seto would be second and for this asset, I don't think that will work either unless we took a pick back. The most obvious guy with potential top-6 ability is Ferriero but you'd have to throw in another roster player.

Probably not going to happen and its not is it ideal in that we aren't getting the speedy puck carrier needed. But it's not as bad as many make it out to be depending on what is given the other way.

__________________
The Best Sports Team in the Bay Area for 20 Years
WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 05:06 PM
  #20
SonomaShark
@SharkInfestation
 
SonomaShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,106
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WineShark View Post
There is some sense to it. Douglas is hurting and he really is not as effective logging top pair minutes. He is best when he is rested and plays closer to 18 minutes a night. Boyle needs someone to play who can log minutes and watch his back in case someone wants to chop at his wrists. Beauchemin can fill that role.

Beauchemin leads Toronto in TOI/60 and is paired against the top players on the other team generally and has decent CORSI ratings. Beauchemin also would be a good partner for Boyle on the PP which means the defensive pairings wouldn't have to be screwed up when the team was on the PP.

Vlasic needs a big body to play with. Murray can fill that role. No, there is still no puck carrier in the tandem, but if Murray throws the body and gets possession, Vlasic can support and start the offense by cleaning up the litter after a Murray hit.

Boyle-Beauchemin
Vlasic-Murray
Huskins/Wallin-Demers

That is materially better than what we have.

My guess is we would lose a forward in the transaction since that is what Toronto needs. Beauchemin's cap hit is $3.8. We are almost half way through the season so lets call it $1.9 and we have $650 in space, so we would have to send someone with at least a $1.25M contract in return.

Clowe would be at the top of their list but that's a non-starter. Seto would be second and for this asset, I don't think that will work either unless we took a pick back. The most obvious guy with potential top-6 ability is Ferriero but you'd have to throw in another roster player.

Probably not going to happen and its not is it ideal in that we aren't getting the speedy puck carrier needed. But it's not as bad as many make it out to be depending on what is given the other way.
Wouldn't that be someone with 1.25M remaining on their contract for this season? It would have to be Mitchell and Setoguchi to make the math work. No way it's gonna happen.


Last edited by SonomaShark: 01-02-2011 at 05:12 PM.
SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 05:08 PM
  #21
Kitten Mittons
Registered User
 
Kitten Mittons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: San Francisco
Country: Armenia
Posts: 46,716
vCash: 500
That's not a rumor. It's an opinion.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 06:16 PM
  #22
WineShark
HFBoards Sponsor
 
WineShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Napa Valley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthBaySharksFan View Post
Wouldn't that be someone with 1.25M remaining on their contract for this season? It would have to be Mitchell and Setoguchi to make the math work. No way it's gonna happen.
It would have to be two roster players with a total of about $1.25M in contracts. If it were Seto and Mitchell, that would be a fleecing unless we got back picks and/or prospects in trade. Maybe their GM will trade us back Bonino? .........

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 06:26 PM
  #23
dwood16
Registered User
 
dwood16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: L.A.
Country: United States
Posts: 1,649
vCash: 500
Wallin would have to go imo...and that's a good thing. Maybe Wallin and a Joslin type or pick get's it done. Beauch is WAY better than Wallin and will improve the team's breakout and toughness quite a bit. I'd also give up Guch if something decent came back with Beauch.

..but there is no way this should happen without giving up Wallin and his contract. I'd like to think Toronto wants his expiring contract and wants to move Beauchemin's.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 06:29 PM
  #24
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 10,759
vCash: 50
Maybe but not for Seto

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 07:14 PM
  #25
USF Shark
ZŰion politikÚn
 
USF Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: DC Area
Country: United States
Posts: 20,263
vCash: 500
I'm sorry but Beauchemin just isn't as good as people think he is. I don't think he's what we want.

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.