HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill IX

Closed Thread

Old
01-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Orenji

vCash: 500
Only Devils we would want are Kovalchuk or Parise.

One is injured for the rest of the year.
One is in the first year of a 500 year contract.

Old
01-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Martinez has been very good IMO.

Considering Drewiske's value, I highly doubt he would return any asset that would be an upgrade over Martinez (assuming he keeps up his good play).
Maybe that's where the Voynov rumors come in. If Voynov and Drewiske are moved in a package, the Kings could get a solid vet defenseman.

Old
01-01-2011, 06:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I would find it difficult to see us trading for a veteran defenceman unless they were due to become a ufa at the end of this season and also only if we were sending back one of our kids.

I don't see DD44 drawing enough to make it worth while dealing him at this point but who knows? I could see us dealing A-Mart (though I would rather we keep him) only so we could make room for VV or Muzzin next season again, if we were dealing for a vet/ufa rental.

God help me for saying this but at the top of the list imo would be one of the Leafs pending UFA dmen but again, while we might be able to use him or any other ufa we are going to either have to deal away or rely on our talented kids eventually, why not now?

Muzzin A-Mart and DD44 should all be given as much time as possible until we find out the details of WM's injuries. I think we are deep enough to make it through the loss of WM with our own prospects and that if we were to do so that it might be the best move in the long run.

If WM is going to be out for any length of time then of course that changes things.

The Devils deal thing makes me curious.

Only that they do have a couple of players that might make us significantly better in the short term and that they would do most anything to move along so that they can begin their rebuild in earnest (or whatever they are going to do).

Last edited by etherialone: 01-02-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old
01-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Langenbrunner seems like a DL kind of player. Just saying is all.

Last edited by Knight of the Realm: 01-01-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old
01-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Haik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Sure but who does he replace? We have Brown,Williams, and Simmonds on RW already.

Old
01-01-2011, 08:49 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight of the Realm View Post
Lombardi could have had Rolston for 2.5 million. His stats suck but so does everybody on New Jersey and Rolston, like Langenbrunner, is exactly the type of player they have been targeting for about 3 years now. I don't see a fit for Langenbrunner right now and I don't think any GM in the NHL is going to help Lou out of his dilemma, thus the 0 teams putting in a claim for Rolston. This New Jersey team is in deep trouble and it's gotten so bad that now the eyes seem to be looking at the supposed living legends Brodeur and Uncle Lou as the reason they are losing.

Old
01-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
Sure but who does he replace? We have Brown,Williams, and Simmonds on RW already.

Westgarth. Do you really want an enforcer in the playoffs?

With Langenbrunner in our line-up, we could roll four lines and not have to worry about excessive defensive breakdowns.

Ponikarovky (Richardson) / Lewis / Langenbrunner

Old
01-02-2011, 11:10 AM
dashtary*

Hey guys Capitals fan here. I'm just wondering if you guys heard anything about actual Semin to L.A. rumors earlier this season/recently? I don't think he's going to get moved but with the rumors and such of late I'm getting a bit worried. Thanks.

Old
01-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

The only guy I'd want from New Jersey not named Parise is Elias.

Old
01-02-2011, 01:06 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
The only guy I'd want from New Jersey not named Parise is Elias.
Elias has a terrible contract and is really showing his age this season.

Old
01-02-2011, 01:12 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
Elias has a terrible contract and is really showing his age this season.
Sounds like someone on our roster already.

Old
01-02-2011, 01:34 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Sounds like someone on our roster already.
Once again you don't know what you are talking about.

G - 14 A - 9 Pts - 23 +/- = +2 Cap Hit $6.25M through 2011-2012 season

G - 8 A - 18 Pts - 26 +/- = -11 Cap Hit $6M through 2012-2013 season

One makes his living in front of the net the other does not. Both have deteriorating skating ability. One relies on his skating to be effective much more than the other.

Old
01-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

KINGS17,

I was not endorsing picking up Elias in any way, for the same reasons I was against picking up Smyth in 2009.

Acquiring players on the downside of their careers with massive cap hits is not a good way to run an NHL team.

I think at this point Elias has negative value, just like Smyth does... if both players were to be magically waived (I believe both have NMC) both would easily clear waivers without as much as a sniff.

Old
01-02-2011, 02:14 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
KINGS17,

I was not endorsing picking up Elias in any way, for the same reasons I was against picking up Smyth in 2009.

Acquiring players on the downside of their careers with massive cap hits is not a good way to run an NHL team.

I think at this point Elias has negative value, just like Smyth does... if both players were to be magically waived (I believe both have NMC) both would easily clear waivers without as much as a sniff.
Um yeah, because a team that has cap room would never want to pay $4.5M next season for what Ryan Smyth brings to the table. You're just wrong, but that's what makes things interesting I suppose.

Old
01-02-2011, 08:24 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
KINGS17,

New Jersey is the black hole of hockey. Nobody is going to help Lou by claiming guys like Elias. You're talking about a team where there is nothing even remotely positive in the near future until all of the bad contracts handed out post lockout are eaten by NJ's owner.

Old
01-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
New Jersey is the black hole of hockey. Nobody is going to help Lou by claiming guys like Elias. You're talking about a team where there is nothing even remotely positive in the near future until all of the bad contracts handed out post lockout are eaten by NJ's owner.
Now only if we can pry away Parise...

Old
01-03-2011, 10:17 AM
sweatypickle

http://www.truehockey.com/articles/S...ract-Extension

crap...

Old
01-03-2011, 10:31 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatypickle View Post
I don't see Richards as a fit. He would be an excellent playoff rental, but I highly doubt we would pay enough to acquire him should it come to that. We aren't expected to make a push for the cup this year, we'll try, but we are unlikely to be a heavy buyer this deadline unless something significant comes our way.

Edit: Had to drop back in and say, I have a strange feeling we are going to eventually end up with Gagne. He hasn't been putting up numbers in Tampa, but he has been playing in less opportune situations and with lesser linemates. I just see Lombardi taking a great interest in him at the deadline or this offseason in free agency. He was a 47 goal scoring left wing and is only 30, I just have a feeling Lombardi has an eye on him. Hopefully he has more focus on giving Parise some ridiculous offer sheet and giving the Devils the finger but, in the end, I think we will end up with Gagne to replace Sturm as the next experiment.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 01-03-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old
01-03-2011, 11:28 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
I don't see Richards as a fit. He would be an excellent playoff rental, but I highly doubt we would pay enough to acquire him should it come to that. We aren't expected to make a push for the cup this year, we'll try, but we are unlikely to be a heavy buyer this deadline unless something significant comes our way.

Edit: Had to drop back in and say, I have a strange feeling we are going to eventually end up with Gagne. He hasn't been putting up numbers in Tampa, but he has been playing in less opportune situations and with lesser linemates. I just see Lombardi taking a great interest in him at the deadline or this offseason in free agency. He was a 47 goal scoring left wing and is only 30, I just have a feeling Lombardi has an eye on him. Hopefully he has more focus on giving Parise some ridiculous offer sheet and giving the Devils the finger but, in the end, I think we will end up with Gagne to replace Sturm as the next experiment.
Gagne has been a disaster in Tampa-but he used to play for the Flyers! Done deal pal.

Old
01-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Gagne has been a disaster in Tampa-but he used to play for the Flyers! Done deal pal.
Unfortunately He certainly isn't the 40 goal scorer he once was, but I just have a feeling Lombardi is going to go after him and use him as another stopgap until his perfect deal rolls around and hopes he turns into a Williams situation, but the Gagne of old is in the rearview mirror I'm afraid.

Old
01-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:

There is a rumor out there that Gagne wouldn't waive his NTC for any Western Teams

Old
01-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
There is a rumor out there that Gagne wouldn't waive his NTC for any Western Teams
That is a little bit of a relief, though I don't know if it is still active with Tampa, and also, he may have to come free agency this offseason.

Old
01-03-2011, 01:55 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

gagne's 40 goals seasons are more of a testament to how great of a player for forsberg was.

Old
01-03-2011, 02:09 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
I don't see Richards as a fit.

Old
01-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Zubrus doesn't make sense, we have too many centers as it is. He's not going to outproduce Handzus and he's signed for 2 more seasons?
Ideally Zubrus should be a winger. Wasn't a fan when we signed him since he was coming off of two career seasons centering Ovechkin when Washington had nobody else. Unfortunately for us, he reverted to 35 point form.

He was about the only forward who showed up for the playoffs for us last year. He is versatile and could play any forward position, which is a nice bit of insurance in case of an injury.

Not sure the Kings are the best fit, as somebody else pointed out Ponikarovsky and Zubrus would be pretty much redundant. And there's 2+ more years of the contract which I wouldn't be too anxious to touch if I were DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haik View Post
Sure but who does he [Langenbrunner] replace? We have Brown,Williams, and Simmonds on RW already.
DL seems to value that veteran presence, acquiring Halpern to fortify the 4th line would be similar to going after Langenbrunner. And I suppose there could be a little "keep away" motivation with San Jose/Dallas who could use Langenbrunner on their 3rd lines.

Having a competent 4th line in the playoffs is a terrific luxury to have. Along with depth just in case there was an injury to Brown/Williams/Simmonds.

Closed Thread