HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ESPN Keeper Fantasy Hockey League (EKFHL) Season 1

Closed Thread

Old
01-02-2011, 09:51 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
I guess I sent a counter, wasn't really sure of a full out deal. I don't think I'm going to move Kopitar at all, but you can try and work something out.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
Old
01-02-2011, 10:00 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

vCash: 500
Thanks for the quick responses all. So far 19 of 20 people have been checked in within 12 hours. For the teams who are having a rough time, now would be the time to look for trades, as I believe the trade deadline is Feb 16.

Also, I'm not 100% sure how ESPN will set the playoffs up, but they will be editable. I just wanted to get a tally of what to do:

I am not sure if there are specific matchups (bracket style) or if ESPN will re-set everyone in the second and third round based off of seeding. If it doesn't do this, should I re-set the seeding for the second and third rounds so that the top seed faces worst seed, 2nd best faces second worst, etc? Or should I just let it run through the way it runs through? I think the first way is more organized, but keep in mind the first team gets the easiest matchups all the way through (and not to sound modest, but that's me, so I don't want to give myself an easy ride unless you guys agree on the format). The other thing to keep in mind is even if I'm a 1 seed, my team can stop performing that week and I can easily be beat.

So if I could get some opinions on it, that'd be appreciated. Re-seed everyone in the 2nd and third rounds, or just let it run through?

Old
01-02-2011, 10:01 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Also, congrats flyersguy33 for finally putting an end to my 7 game win streak.

Old
01-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Well looks like i'm looking towards next year. I'll trade anyone on my team in the right deal besides the following:

Ryan Getzlaf
Paul Stastny
Kris Letang
Mike Green
and maybe Mark Streit

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-02-2011, 10:48 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Well looks like i'm looking towards next year. I'll trade anyone on my team in the right deal besides the following:

Ryan Getzlaf
Paul Stastny
Kris Letang
Mike Green
and maybe Mark Streit
I'm interested in Laich and Stepan. Do you see anything off of my team that you're interested in?

Old
01-03-2011, 07:54 AM
BringBackZherdev*

If anyone is interested in Andrei Kostitsyn send me an offer I'm looking for either a wing or a d in return.

Old
01-03-2011, 11:53 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Nvm.

Old
01-03-2011, 02:17 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Nvm.
If you took my offer as an insult, it wasn't. I just wasn't sure of any offer I could put together. Sorry if you did though.

Old
01-03-2011, 02:44 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

And I guess no one has an opinion on my post above and playoff format?

Old
01-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Slowbro

i guess leave the seeds as is..

Old
01-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Start Leighton*

I like the re-seeding idea the top teams earned the top seeds so if they advance they should be playing the lowest seeds.

Old
01-03-2011, 08:26 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchrisx159 View Post
I like the re-seeding idea the top teams earned the top seeds so if they advance they should be playing the lowest seeds.
That's my mindset, plus the point that in reality if your players bomb then your 1 seed likely won't matter. So really even if the 12th seed makes it to round 2, the 1 vs. 12 matchup may not be so uneven if the 12's team shows up or the 1's team doesn't.

Old
01-03-2011, 09:32 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Wow, I have 3 Islanders playing tonight due to my injuries, and so far I've gotten 15.8 points from them combined tonight. 4-2 game, up on Calgary.

Old
01-03-2011, 09:51 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Also, congrats flyersguy33 for finally putting an end to my 7 game win streak.
After December 30th, I thought it was all over.

Old
01-04-2011, 01:04 AM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
If you took my offer as an insult, it wasn't. I just wasn't sure of any offer I could put together. Sorry if you did though.
Oh nono I saw what you did afterwards, I'm mulling it over I'm not sure if I want to move any of those guys at this time if it was it would be Kessel and it would be something added to it, idk I don't see it working out unless you are interested in Kessel+

Old
01-04-2011, 01:06 AM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Thanks for the quick responses all. So far 19 of 20 people have been checked in within 12 hours. For the teams who are having a rough time, now would be the time to look for trades, as I believe the trade deadline is Feb 16.

Also, I'm not 100% sure how ESPN will set the playoffs up, but they will be editable. I just wanted to get a tally of what to do:

I am not sure if there are specific matchups (bracket style) or if ESPN will re-set everyone in the second and third round based off of seeding. If it doesn't do this, should I re-set the seeding for the second and third rounds so that the top seed faces worst seed, 2nd best faces second worst, etc? Or should I just let it run through the way it runs through? I think the first way is more organized, but keep in mind the first team gets the easiest matchups all the way through (and not to sound modest, but that's me, so I don't want to give myself an easy ride unless you guys agree on the format). The other thing to keep in mind is even if I'm a 1 seed, my team can stop performing that week and I can easily be beat.

So if I could get some opinions on it, that'd be appreciated. Re-seed everyone in the 2nd and third rounds, or just let it run through?
Don't really have an opinion. I think the lowest seed should play the highest seed and the 2nd should play the 2nd lowest over etc. Thru all the rounds

Old
01-04-2011, 07:49 AM
BringBackZherdev*

I agree that for the playoffs the highest seeded teams should play the lowest seeded teams.

Old
01-04-2011, 07:58 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I'm against the re-seeding. In real hockey it is a good idea, but in fantasy hockey it makes little to no difference IMO. In other leagues I have been top seed and won against a higher seeded team while the lower seeded team in the other matchup scores a lot more than my team. I would just leave it the way it is.

Old
01-04-2011, 08:08 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm against the re-seeding. In real hockey it is a good idea, but in fantasy hockey it makes little to no difference IMO. In other leagues I have been top seed and won against a higher seeded team while the lower seeded team in the other matchup scores a lot more than my team. I would just leave it the way it is.
The reason I bought it up (and argue against your opinion) is if you look at the current playoff projections (Standings ->Projected Playoffs) the 1 seed would play winner of 8-9, 4th would get winner of 5-12. Granted if 5 wins it would be harder on 4, but still think it's fairly unlikely you'd see a 12 beat a 5. But if the 12 seed wins, is it fair that the 4th seed gets a bit of an advantage over the 1st seed if they're playing, at worst, the 9th seed, even though the first seed is supposed to be the "best team in the league?"

Mind you I'll take in votes on what to do and make the decision best for the league, as I'm currently the number 1 seed and don't want to give myself an unfair advantage that you all don't agree with. Also keep in mind if we don't like how things go about this year, we can change it for next season in the off season.

Old
01-04-2011, 08:35 AM
McNasty

Seeding isn't that big of a deal in fantasy IMO. I'm good with whatever.

Old
01-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Slowbro

thank god, MA Bergeron just got signed..

Old
01-06-2011, 01:19 PM
McNasty

With Kurtis Foster a healthy scratch tonight I would listen to offers for a decent defenseman. Nothing too insane as I'm not interested in moving a big producer off my roster.

Old
01-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Slowbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
With Kurtis Foster a healthy scratch tonight I would listen to offers for a decent defenseman. Nothing too insane as I'm not interested in moving a big producer off my roster.
kuba, bergeron, brewer?

edit: lol i forgot i dropped kuba

Last edited by Slowbro: 01-06-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old
01-06-2011, 04:29 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
The reason I bought it up (and argue against your opinion) is if you look at the current playoff projections (Standings ->Projected Playoffs) the 1 seed would play winner of 8-9, 4th would get winner of 5-12. Granted if 5 wins it would be harder on 4, but still think it's fairly unlikely you'd see a 12 beat a 5. But if the 12 seed wins, is it fair that the 4th seed gets a bit of an advantage over the 1st seed if they're playing, at worst, the 9th seed, even though the first seed is supposed to be the "best team in the league?"

Mind you I'll take in votes on what to do and make the decision best for the league, as I'm currently the number 1 seed and don't want to give myself an unfair advantage that you all don't agree with. Also keep in mind if we don't like how things go about this year, we can change it for next season in the off season.
I just think that in fantasy hockey, since a lot of who wins and loses is just luck (i.e. there is no team playing, only individuals) re-seeding will not have any real effect. I won't really complain or anything if the re-seeding goes down, I just think it is pointless in fantasy hockey.

Old
01-06-2011, 04:58 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

No counter, Cannon?

Closed Thread