HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Jeremy Morin (USA) Shoulder Injury: Report Says It May Be Significant

Old
12-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Konk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I have watched him play many more games than one game. He's played the same since he's been in the USNDP. Shoot first, pass a year later with no defense and mediocre skating. As I said on the Rangers board, he's a less skilled Kessel with less hockey IQ. He shows the same issues this year that he showed last year.
I wonder if you saw last year's WJCs, where Morin was given a checking role and excelled. He was physical and played his limited role very well, stepping up offensively only when called upon. You can say what you want about his U17 days, those comments are true. However, his defense has improved immensley since his Syracuse days, through the NTDP, to Kitchener, and so has his skating. So as of now and the past year and a half, those comments are outdated. Even his U18 days he was showing improvement, however, his skating was still lacking thus his 2nd round draft status.

He's not Selke-caliber, but he's definitely not a liability when called upon to play the role.

Konk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-28-2010, 05:43 PM
JeffShibley

Quote:
Originally Posted by doakacola View Post
Zucker, Kreider & Bjugstad appear to be the best forwards on the team, so going down to 10 forwards means a lot more of those three, which is nothing but a good thing. I think Zucker is underrated to the point of foolishness, pretty good if you ask me.

I thought Mike Brown had a strong game also.
Unless there is a 3rd injury i don't know about, the injuries to Morin and Nelson bring the roster from 13 forwards down to 11 not 10.

FORWARDS -- Forwards -- Nick Bjugstad, Minnesota, WCHA (Florida); Ryan Bourque, Quebec, QMJHL (N.Y. Rangers); Chris Brown, Michigan, CCHA (Phoenix); Mitchell Callahan, Kelowna, WHL (Detroit); Charlie Coyle, Boston University, HE (San Jose); Jerry D'Amigo, Toronto, AHL (Toronto); Emerson Etem, Medicine Hat, WHL (Anaheim); Chris Kreider, Boston College, HE (N.Y. Rangers); Jeremy Morin, Rockford, AHL (Chicago); Brock Nelson, North Dakota, WCHA (N.Y. Islanders); Kyle Palmieri, Syracuse, AHL (Anaheim); Drew Shore, Denver, WCHA (Florida); Jason Zucker, Denver, WCHA (Minnesota).

JeffShibley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Teemu

mike_morreale Mike Morreale
Jeremy Morin and Brock Nelson are both on the ice for U.S.l practice this morning. Jason Zucker is not. #2011WJC
30 minutes ago

Teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 07:24 PM
nanzenkills

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaroundace View Post
Unless there is a 3rd injury i don't know about, the injuries to Morin and Nelson bring the roster from 13 forwards down to 11 not 10.
Zucker is injured.

Morin and Nelson are both dressed for the game against Germany. Morin is definitely playing, he just got a tripping penalty.

nanzenkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 05:15 PM
JeffShibley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanzenkills View Post
Zucker is injured.

Morin and Nelson are both dressed for the game against Germany. Morin is definitely playing, he just got a tripping penalty.

I actually wrote that before the game zucker got injured.

but it is good too see morin and nelson back. even with zucker out US is only down to 12 forwards now.

Old
12-31-2010, 05:23 PM
William H Bonney

Zucker was on the ice this morning with the goalies and a few players but most of practice was off-ice.

http://usahockey2.com/usah_blogs/wor...s_blog/?p=1289

I wouldn't expect to see him tonight but hopefully with the extra rest he'll be back for the medal rounds.

01-01-2011, 03:50 PM
JeffShibley

Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Zucker was on the ice this morning with the goalies and a few players but most of practice was off-ice.

http://usahockey2.com/usah_blogs/wor...s_blog/?p=1289

I wouldn't expect to see him tonight but hopefully with the extra rest he'll be back for the medal rounds.
that would be great to have the full line up back for the playoffs!

Old
01-03-2011, 02:40 PM
JeffShibley

All U.S. players are in the lineup tonight. Team USA is back to healthy at the perfect time. Keith Allain confirmed that Jason Zucker and Jeremy Morin are back and looked “very good” in practice this morning.