HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings-Canucks Rose Bowl Winter Classic 2012

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2011, 02:59 PM
  #26
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Tatooine
Posts: 19,890
vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsFan View Post
He said that originally but then the official KHL tweet came out that it wasn't happening and Kitsyn backed down on that statement.

I have searched the net for a bit and the only things I am finding from people like Hammond, TSN and the Mississauga beat writer (people in the know, not having "inside sources" on twitter) say it is 50/50.

Here are the links:
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/hoc.../16692771.html

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/01/02...to-semifinals/
Thanks man!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 03:00 PM
  #27
two out of three*
 
two out of three*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Newbury Park, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,829
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I don't think attendance would be as big of a problem as most of you think.

two out of three* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 03:06 PM
  #28
TonySCV
Moderator
Two Timer!
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by two out of three View Post
I don't think attendance would be as big of a problem as most of you think.
No, but ratings certainly would be.

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 03:25 PM
  #29
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Since the topic of 24/7 has come up, question... did the last episode have all the cursing bleeped out for everyone else? I missed the initial broadcast and watched one the next day at 7pm. I was wondering if they cut out the cursing on the main broadcast, since that would indicate the NHL came down and insisted HBO take it out... which would piss me off. If it wasn't bleeped out on Wednesday, then HBO just bleeped it for the earlier telecast.

Either way, the on-ice chatter was much less interesting with all the bleeping, making most of it unintelligible.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 03:28 PM
  #30
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Since the topic of 24/7 has come up, question... did the last episode have all the cursing bleeped out for everyone else? I missed the initial broadcast and watched one the next day at 7pm. I was wondering if they cut out the cursing on the main broadcast, since that would indicate the NHL came down and insisted HBO take it out... which would piss me off. If it wasn't bleeped out on Wednesday, then HBO just bleeped it for the earlier telecast.

Either way, the on-ice chatter was much less interesting with all the bleeping, making most of it unintelligible.
Must have been edited for the earlier time slot. No censorship for the initial broadcast.

Crosby had a nice outburst during the game, no bleeps.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 03:37 PM
  #31
JDM
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 9,968
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Must have been edited for the earlier time slot. No censorship for the initial broadcast.

Crosby had a nice outburst during the game, no bleeps.
Cool. That makes me feel better... and wonder why HBO conformed to standard national broadcast procedure...

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 05:55 PM
  #32
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
No, but ratings certainly would be.
Yup, I'm not even sure East Coast hockey fans know who is even on the Kings roster other than the top players. The games the Kings play start at 10:30 PM on the east coast, I know I wouldn't stay up to watch a Kings-Ducks game if I was a Rangers fan. If the Kings make a huge push in the playoffs I can see them put up against the Rangers but if they continue on one and done or don't even make the playoffs they have no shot.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.