Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Timmy Erixon

Old
01-02-2011, 01:35 PM
Nordic*

vCash: 500
Timmy Erixon

Calgary is a team in trouble, but you have a real keeper in this guy. At this point I don't see any weaknessness in his game. Great skater, great vision, good shot, good passer, strong and can both take and dish out physicality - and he's a leader.

Peter Forsberg was asked to name one player in the SEL that impressed him the most, that player was Timmy Erixon. Congratulations Calgary

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 01:40 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Yeah, Erixon is a prospect I'm very excited about.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Noori

vCash: 1903
I was initially unimpressed with the Erixon pick but looks like a great choice thus far by Sutter and his crew.

Nice to hear a compliment like that about one of our guys from an all-time great.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:34 PM
tfong

When did Foppa say this?

Erixon looking real good at the WJC, happy happy

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 04:10 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

And Calgary has no prospects...call me a homer but does anyone else think Erixon can be a top pairing guy? He is a 19 year old and is among the best defenseman in the SEL and his play at the WJC speaks for itself

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 05:09 PM
saillias

Yup. Finally getting the credit he deserves. We're actually quite lucky he fell to where he did. Fans and media windbags put so much stock in draft position, but he was and still is a better prospect than Rundblad, and is just as good as OEL.

Erixon's (and also Brodie's) transition to the NHL is vital to the Flames being a good team in the next year or 2.

saillias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Triple Deke

He has looked pretty solid from what I've seen. Doesn't necessarily make highlight reel plays, but seems fairly consistent.
Will need to work his way into top pairing. If he makes the squad next year, Giordano would be a good player to model his game after. He pretty much has the same tools.

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 06:59 PM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Calgary is a team in trouble, but you have a real keeper in this guy. At this point I don't see any weaknessness in his game. Great skater, great vision, good shot, good passer, strong and can both take and dish out physicality - and he's a leader.

Peter Forsberg was asked to name one player in the SEL that impressed him the most, that player was Timmy Erixon. Congratulations Calgary
Again Nordic?
Forsberg has never said that, sorry.

I'm a Skellefteå supporter and have seen every game Erixon has played this season. To be honest, Erixon has only been so-so, with a couple of great games, a couple of bad. Has gotten loads of PP and PK time though.
BUT, Erixon has been fantastic so far in the WJC, most likely the best defenceman in the whole tournament. He's a real leader on the team as well, completely dominating. I'm starting to think his play is much more suited to the NA-game.

SurMartin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 02:57 AM
LennyV

He's looking to be a really good player but we shouldn't rush him. I wouldn't mind giving him another year in Skellefteå before bringin him to the AHL. Seeing how Mårts is picking a lot of young guys to Tre Kronor he would probably get some international caps (maybe even play in the world championship) if he stays in europe next year.

LennyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 03:46 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich0591 View Post
And Calgary has no prospects...call me a homer but does anyone else think Erixon can be a top pairing guy? He is a 19 year old and is among the best defenseman in the SEL and his play at the WJC speaks for itself
Not quite sure if he is considered among the best in the SEL honestly from what I read. I still don't think he is a clearcut #1 guy. I have him pinned as a solid #2,3,4 dman.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Signature
Capitano Giordano

vCash: 132
Sort of reminds me of Bouwmeester - not overly physical, can skate with the puck, can pass, can make defensive plays, rarely out of position.

Maybe a more defensive Bouwmeester only because I don't think he has the mindset instilled in him to rush up ice often / go to the high slot on powerplays, at least not yet. Also, Bouwmeester's skating is superior.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 05:50 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Deke View Post
He has looked pretty solid from what I've seen. Doesn't necessarily make highlight reel plays, but seems fairly consistent.
Will need to work his way into top pairing. If he makes the squad next year, Giordano would be a good player to model his game after. He pretty much has the same tools.
He's a non flashy player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Names View Post
Again Nordic?
Forsberg has never said that, sorry.

Are you kidding me? I will try to find it.

Edit: I guess he was speaking of Sebastian Erixon, not Timmy, haha... My mistake

http://dagbladet.se/sport/1.2534221-...talang?m=print

I still like what I've seen from him, clearly outplaying the rest of the Swedish defencemen, and probably even being the best defenceman in the JWC so far.

Last edited by Nordic*: 01-03-2011 at 05:59 AM.
Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 09:59 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by LennyV View Post
He's looking to be a really good player but we shouldn't rush him. I wouldn't mind giving him another year in Skellefteå before bringin him to the AHL. Seeing how Mårts is picking a lot of young guys to Tre Kronor he would probably get some international caps (maybe even play in the world championship) if he stays in europe next year.
I'm pretty sure he has said he fully expects to make to jump to NA next season, I'd imagine the AHL, which i really don't mind at all, he has a chance to make the team next year, and from what i've read on the WJC boards, he seems to play better on the smaller ice surface

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 10:10 AM
romelson

Send a message via MSN to romelson
See my post in the prospects-thread(see link), which contains an interview with Erixon that was published TODAY. In this article Erixon says that he's going to NA for the next season and that his goal is to play in the NHL.

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=343

romelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 12:38 PM
King In The North
Sean Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Not quite sure if he is considered among the best in the SEL honestly from what I read. I still don't think he is a clearcut #1 guy. I have him pinned as a solid #2,3,4 dman.
Again maybe I'm overrating him because he is a Flames prospect but I've checked out the Sweden boards, hearing that he is an excellent player. Maybe not among the best but he is only 19.

And judging from the WJC I can agree he can easily be a top 4 Dman.

King In The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 04:57 PM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Finally getting a chance to sit down and watch a WJC game!

Erixon reminds me a bit off Giordano. Seems pretty solid defensively and dangerous in the offensive zone, always trying to make some productive plays, and has been putting in a great effort every shift. Of course what makes Gio special is that he brings this effort level every game, and I've only seen Erixon play for two periods.

It's nice to have a 19 year old player who is confident that he can make the Flames next year.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote