HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2010-2011 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other) *Part 3*

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-31-2010, 03:40 PM
  #26
Synergy27
Registered User
 
Synergy27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, D.C.
Country: United States
Posts: 5,784
vCash: 500
Fasth just got absolutely blown up by Foligno.

This CAN-SWE game has been really great so far. The teams look pretty evenly matched, but the Canadians are much more physical and I can see the Swedes wearing down as the game progresses.

Synergy27 is offline  
Old
12-31-2010, 06:02 PM
  #27
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,170
vCash: 500
Fasth played a VERY good game.

Inferno is offline  
Old
12-31-2010, 06:15 PM
  #28
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Fasth played a VERY good game.
Sweden is the best team in this tournament right now, even if they had lost that game.

They could easily win it.

__________________
DMPD is offline  
Old
12-31-2010, 10:08 PM
  #29
TheRedViper
Registered User
 
TheRedViper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Niagara
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Sweden is the best team in this tournament right now, even if they had lost that game.

They could easily win it.
if Canada has a goalie, they probably win it in regulation. Sweden is still very good, but if Visentin steps in next game and plays like he's capable than I'd take Canada > Sweden in a rematch

TheRedViper is offline  
Old
01-01-2011, 12:32 AM
  #30
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,459
vCash: 500
I'm excited for Fasth... No idea if he'll ever do anything for the NYR, but the fact that I picked him as my favorite prospect back in the summer and now he's scoring for Sweden in the WJC's makes me happy. Yay!!!!

mti79 is offline  
Old
01-01-2011, 03:11 AM
  #31
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 21,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Sweden is the best team in this tournament right now, even if they had lost that game.

They could easily win it.
im not sure i agree with that. Sweden has the best offense. Id say USA has the best defense and the best goaltending, and Canada has by far the most physical team and has overall a very good team. USA to me probably has the best chance to win it all over these 3 teams because of how disciplined they are (they just dont seem to take penalties) and because of how frikkin amazing Jack Campbell is. He's really an awesome goalie.

Inferno is offline  
Old
01-01-2011, 10:51 AM
  #32
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,383
vCash: 500
Werek did not play again last night for Kingston.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
01-01-2011, 11:12 AM
  #33
DMPD
Offseasons Greetings
 
DMPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 21,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
im not sure i agree with that. Sweden has the best offense. Id say USA has the best defense and the best goaltending, and Canada has by far the most physical team and has overall a very good team. USA to me probably has the best chance to win it all over these 3 teams because of how disciplined they are (they just dont seem to take penalties) and because of how frikkin amazing Jack Campbell is. He's really an awesome goalie.
Lehner wasn't great, but he also had some bad bounces that may have affected his play in the Canada game. Campbell has been the most consistent, but I wouldn't say U.S.A. has the best.

Sweden outworked Canada the majority of that game, however I do agree with you about discipline. That will heavily affect who takes this one home. All the top-team's PP units have been moving the puck pretty well, and are dangerous.

I can't really decide whom I like for their defense. All of the teams have had some gaffes by their d-core that ended up in goals against. Good offenses score goals in spite of good defenses not because of them.

We'll see what happens I guess, but if I had to bet on a team right now, I think I would be most confident in Sweden. I hope I am wrong and the U.S. destroys them and/or Canada.

DMPD is offline  
Old
01-01-2011, 11:41 AM
  #34
BrianLeetch2
Registered User
 
BrianLeetch2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toms River NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 728
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrurysWeekend View Post
Lehner wasn't great, but he also had some bad bounces that may have affected his play in the Canada game. Campbell has been the most consistent, but I wouldn't say U.S.A. has the best.

Sweden outworked Canada the majority of that game, however I do agree with you about discipline. That will heavily affect who takes this one home. All the top-team's PP units have been moving the puck pretty well, and are dangerous.

I can't really decide whom I like for their defense. All of the teams have had some gaffes by their d-core that ended up in goals against. Good offenses score goals in spite of good defenses not because of them.

We'll see what happens I guess, but if I had to bet on a team right now, I think I would be most confident in Sweden. I hope I am wrong and the U.S. destroys them and/or Canada.
Sweden i think dominated most of that game and was lucky they went to a shootout. Canada scored some fluky goals

BrianLeetch2 is offline  
Old
01-01-2011, 11:48 AM
  #35
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM
 
The Dark Passenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Vermont -> Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 1,352
vCash: 500
Sweden totally dominated and controlled game play. From memory, Canada's first 4 goals were extremely fluky. The first Canada goal was scored from behind the next off a defensemans leg, the second goal was one Lehner easily should have had, the third goal came with .5 seconds left off a ridiculous bounce off the glass, and the 4th (short handed) goal went off a players skate. Canada was lucky to get out of that game with 1 point.

The Dark Passenger is offline  
Old
01-01-2011, 08:15 PM
  #36
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,621
vCash: 500
Christian Thomas had 1 assist and was -1 in a win over Kitchener today.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
01-02-2011, 07:10 PM
  #37
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,980
vCash: 50
Awards:
Updated the stats.

I'll be back in California tomorrow night, so I'll be back to posting updates at 4AM.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 02:56 PM
  #38
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm
so hot right now
 
IfYouCantEtemJoinEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 4,169
vCash: 983
Fasth very noticeable every shift against Russia. Had a really nice strong move to the net around the defenseman but couldn't stuff it in.

IfYouCantEtemJoinEm is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 03:35 PM
  #39
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,875
vCash: 500
Yeah, Fasth is really impressing me in this game.

So is Tarasenko.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:05 PM
  #40
msv957
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,057
vCash: 500
Not sure why it is being mentioned in the prospect section of HF that Kreider is listed as some of the disapointments at this year's WJC. Isn't he at a PPG? The tournament is not over yet.

msv957 is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:20 PM
  #41
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Fasth is very impressive. This is his first game I have been able to watch and he is all over the place. His skating is superb.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:23 PM
  #42
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 19,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Not sure why it is being mentioned in the prospect section of HF that Kreider is listed as some of the disapointments at this year's WJC. Isn't he at a PPG? The tournament is not over yet.
These are the type of guys who think Palmieri's been a great player, I believe.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:39 PM
  #43
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Why did Fasth fall to the 6th round? Anyone?

John Torturella is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:45 PM
  #44
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Why did Fasth fall to the 6th round? Anyone?
Unknown quantity in Sweden. Small, underdeveloped(physically) forward. Defensively not the best(but he has improved).

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:46 PM
  #45
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Unknown quantity in Sweden. Small, underdeveloped(physically) forward. Defensively not the best(but he has improved).
Im not entirely sure he was even projected to go in the draft. There are a ton of kids like him in the junior Swedish league, it just takes good scouting and a bit of luck to get Fasth, who has immediately stepped in and taken a decent role in the SEL, a much better and better scouted league.

Its a low risk pick and just a good bit of scouting and projecting if this kid turns out to become NHL caliber.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
  #46
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Unknown quantity in Sweden. Small, underdeveloped(physically) forward. Defensively not the best(but he has improved).
He is listed at 6 feet, 176. I guess he has grown since the draft?

John Torturella is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:49 PM
  #47
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 20,063
vCash: 500
Well 176 isnt much, and you consider the fact he gets shoved around quite a bit even at this level.

I'll give it to the kid though, he does try and occasionally throws his weight around, but I dont know how much that'll help him.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:52 PM
  #48
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
He is listed at 6 feet, 176. I guess he has grown since the draft?
I think he has put on some weight. I believe he was about 6' when he was drafted but I could be wrong. He was described as "skinny" when he was drafted and he would get knocked off the puck too often.

He still has some problems with his strength and has some work to do in that department but his speed and his hockey IQ seem to be pretty good.

NYR Viper is online now  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:52 PM
  #49
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Well 176 isnt much, and you consider the fact he gets shoved around quite a bit even at this level.

I'll give it to the kid though, he does try and occasionally throws his weight around, but I dont know how much that'll help him.
176 is not terrible for a kid that just turned 19. Its also not unheard of to add a couple of inches before turning 21. Stepan is 6 feet, 182 lbs. I dont think you can really consider Fasth under sized for his age.

edit- at least at this point in his development.

John Torturella is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 04:59 PM
  #50
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 30,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
176 is not terrible for a kid that just turned 19. Its also not unheard of to add a couple of inches before turning 21. Stepan is 6 feet, 182 lbs. I dont think you can really consider Fasth under sized for his age.

edit- at least at this point in his development.
It has to do with playing style as well. Fasth isn't a purely skilled player like Stepan. He will need to get stronger in order to play in the NHL. However, saying that he has taken a few steps in the right direction to making it.

NYR Viper is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.