HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe

Closed Thread

Old
12-24-2010, 05:07 PM
PhoPhan

vCash: 500
That's what I want to see. Cool, relaxed, confident. You can't make a spectacular save if you're in the right position in the first place. Athleticism is one thing, but having to make a highlight reel save is usually a sign that you're recovering from a previous error.

Old
12-24-2010, 06:20 PM
Kaizen

You can play semantics all you want with your interpretation of the word spectacular - all I was getting at was strickly by the numbers you could build a case for either goalie. Visentin didn't take the job with his play in the game against the Finns nor did he lose the job.

Old
12-26-2010, 09:50 AM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Roy gets the start against Russia. That's alright, Visentin will be there if needed and he'll also be there next year.

Old
12-28-2010, 08:18 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Chris Brown just scored a PP goal for USA...4-0 over slovakia in second right now.

Old
12-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Kaizen

Visentin is supposed to get the start against Norway tomorrow.

Of course I'm a little biased but Roy has looked less than stellar. I wonder if Visentin has a chance to take the starter's job if he pitches a shutout?

Edit: Lindberg looked good against the Russians - saw time on both PK and PP.

Old
12-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizen View Post

Of course I'm a little biased but Roy has looked less than stellar. I wonder if Visentin has a chance to take the starter's job if he pitches a shutout?

Lindberg seems to be #24. can anyone confirm that? Cannot read the names on my small screen.

Old
12-28-2010, 11:17 PM
gollybass

he is 24 and interestingly OEL was on the entry list by the swedes

Old
12-29-2010, 12:37 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:

Game is on TSN and NHL Network btw. 7:30PM EST, 5:30PM AZ

Old
12-31-2010, 05:49 AM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 506
Lee named to the all tournament team after helping St. Cloud win the Florida College Classic

Old
12-31-2010, 05:57 PM
Kaizen

Lindberg looked good even before the GW shoot out goal.

He might not be an elite talent but he looks like he'll develop into a player. His defensive game is good and all of his skills look to be at or above average.

Old
12-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Waldo

Oscar Lindberg gets the shootout winner against Team Cnda. It was interesting that they sent him out 1st and he scored. Good move by his coach. Canada could not score on 2 attempts and the 3rd Swedish player clinched it.

Also, Roy was the goaltender of note for the game and sucked. Bad choice by the coach. Roy let in a softee every game. Today he let in 2 or 3 goals he should have had. I hope Visentin gets the call for the quarter finals but coaches are stubborn and I think he will back the wrong horse again.

Old
12-31-2010, 06:18 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
Oscar Lindberg gets the shootout winner against Team Cnda. It was interesting that they sent him out 1st and he scored. Good move by his coach. Canada could not score on 2 attempts and the 3rd Swedish player clinched it.

Also, Roy was the goaltender of note for the game and sucked. Bad choice by the coach. Roy let in a softee every game. Today he let in 2 or 3 goals he should have had. I hope Visentin gets the call for the quarter finals but coaches are stubborn and I think he will back the wrong horse again.
Agreed. I had no confidence in Roy in that game. He sucked and Visentin sat on the bench.

Old
12-31-2010, 07:26 PM
Kaizen

Quote:

The goal Visentin let in in his start was debatably a little soft.

I would think he gets the start against the Swiss (provided they are the opponent) and will have the opportunity to run with the job if he performs.

Old
12-31-2010, 11:39 PM
Waldo

Quote:
The goal Visentin let in in his start was debatably a little soft.

I would think he gets the start against the Swiss (provided they are the opponent) and will have the opportunity to run with the job if he performs.
Never saw that goal. Oh well. What I would predict is that the coach will start Roy again for the remaining games and for next year, Visintin would be the incumbent with experience and would be the favourite to be the starting goaltender then. However, if it were my decision Visitin would be the starter for the quarter final.

Old
01-01-2011, 03:25 AM
hbk

Quote:
Never saw that goal. Oh well. What I would predict is that the coach will start Roy again for the remaining games and for next year, Visintin would be the incumbent with experience and would be the favourite to be the starting goaltender then. However, if it were my decision Visitin would be the starter for the quarter final.
Yep the goal against Norway was weakish. That being said, Roy hasn't exactly stood on his head and Visentin's save percentage is in the high 90's vs mid 80's for Roy. Level of competition is not the same but once again Roy has let in a minimum of one bad goal per game. Against Sweden today it was about 3 softies. The book is out on Roy. Shoot high. Lots of space up there. Roy is capable of the big save but he reminds me more of Darren Pang than he does Patrick Roy.

Old
01-02-2011, 12:34 PM
doaner

WJC:Canada vs Swiss

Mark Visitin has been named the starter for team Canada. Hope he performs well and represents the organization in a good way. Good luck Mark!

Old
01-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Kaizen

A softy to start the game on Switzerland's first shot and then Visentin shut the door.

Tough call for Cameron on who to start in the QF.

Old
01-02-2011, 05:48 PM
knowsthegame

Quote:
A softy to start the game on Switzerland's first shot and then Visentin shut the door.

Tough call for Cameron on who to start in the QF.
He shut the door but looked shaky doing it. Probably was nervous.

Old
01-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Brock

Saw the Spirit and Majors do battle this afternoon.

Jordan Szwarz had a very solid game and was named the game's second star. He opened the scoring by deflecting a Ryan O'Connor point shot in front of Anthony Peters. His biggest strength has always been his elusiveness on the ice, as he's a bit like a waterbug out there. He's everywhere and active in all three zones. His speed and ability to create turnovers on the forecheck are definitely strengths. He earned a secondary assist on the powerplay goal by Josh Shalla later in the game, off a nice passing play in the slot. I do question the type of role he'll take on in the NHL though. I'm not sure if he's big enough or skilled enough to take on a top six role in the NHL, which means he might have to add a physical element to his game to succeed in a bottom six, energy role.

Old
01-03-2011, 03:41 PM
BigJCaRoach
I howl

Visentin vs. Brown. Hopeful for a strong showing from both tonight...say a 1-0 U.S. win with Brownie potting the game winner.

Old
01-03-2011, 03:50 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJCaRoach View Post
Visentin vs. Brown. Hopeful for a strong showing from both tonight...say a 1-0 U.S. win with Brownie potting the game winner.
Nah I'd prefer Brown with the hat trick and the US winning 4-0. They pepper poor Visentin with 50 shots and the 3 of the goals he's left hung out to dry by his defense while the other is an empty netter. All anyone talks about the next day is how it would've been 8-0 if not for the amazing play of Visentin who was the only Canadian player to show up that day. Why yes, I do have a very rich imagination, why do you ask?

Old
01-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Visentin with a 40 save performance in a 3-1 Canada win (Brown with the only goal for the US obviously).

Visinten didn't look very good at all last game, I hope he doesn't handle to puck like it's a live fish this time.

Old
01-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Qubax

Man Vistenin looks like the real deal. So cool, calm and collected...

between him and Domnique you've got to think you've got your future goalie in the CHL...

Old
01-03-2011, 08:58 PM
AnalogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Visentin with a 40 save performance in a 3-1 Canada win (Brown with the only goal for the US obviously).

Visinten didn't look very good at all last game, I hope he doesn't handle to puck like it's a live fish this time.
Damn! Now can you tell us if the damn sale is going through?

Old
01-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Waldo

Perfect game for me. Visintin was really smooth and stays really calm. He was th Canadian Player of the game. We (Yotes) finally have a goalie who can handle the puck. Final score was 4-1 with Chris Brown getting the only US goal late in the game on a PP. Rifled a wrister top corner. Pierre McQuire was somewhat gushing over the play of Visintin who will no doubt play the gold Medal game against Ivan. It was nice to have 2 Coyotes be players of note. Too bad Gormley couldn't play but he'll have another shot next year.

Closed Thread