HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Ellis/Mike Smith...any interest?

Old
01-03-2011, 06:58 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

vCash: 500
Dumb question here... If an NHL team signs him and he has to be waived to come up to that team, is that 'Re-entry Waivers'... even though he was not there in the first place to be 'recalled'... and if it is, and they do have to 'recall' him, does the team claiming him have to only pay and be responsible for half the salary and Cap hit? I know he has to clear waivers or be claimed before he can return to the NHL.

I'd like an answer from someone who knows rather than a guess... Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sawdalite: 01-03-2011 at 07:05 PM.
Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 10:08 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Dumb question here... If an NHL team signs him and he has to be waived to come up to that team, is that 'Re-entry Waivers'... even though he was not there in the first place to be 'recalled'... and if it is, and they do have to 'recall' him, does the team claiming him have to only pay and be responsible for half the salary and Cap hit? I know he has to clear waivers or be claimed before he can return to the NHL.

I'd like an answer from someone who knows rather than a guess... Thanks in advance.
I'm not totally sure about this one, but if you have a twitter account if you tweet @capgeek and ask them, they are pretty good about answering questions. I asked them a couple things and they answered relatively quickly.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I'm not totally sure about this one, but if you have a twitter account if you tweet @capgeek and ask them, they are pretty good about answering questions. I asked them a couple things and they answered relatively quickly.
Thanks; I emailed him with a detailed question... I'll post the answer if he gives me one.

Old
01-03-2011, 11:06 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
its not re entry waivers. Check Svatos situation last week. Re Entry is for someone who was already signed and was on a loan, not a UFA who got signed from europe, who played in the NHL last year.

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
its not re entry waivers. Check Svatos situation last week. Re Entry is for someone who was already signed and was on a loan, not a UFA who got signed from europe, who played in the NHL last year.
That makes total sense... but since he has to clear waivers to be able to return to the NHL, as a demoted player would, I thought they might make it tough on the higher situated teams and give the lesser teams a boost.

I didn't know of any examples offhand... Since you cited one, I guess that answers the question. Thanks.

Old
01-03-2011, 11:19 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quick confirmation through the answer from the Cap Geek... Doesn't ever stop working?... His response:

" Hi,

It's just regular waivers. See section 13.23 of the CBA on Page 77, linked under "More" on CapGeek.

Thanks.

Matthew Wuest
www.CapGeek.com "

Old
01-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

According to that CBA rule once obtained and signed to trade or loan the player he must once again clear waivers... So he cannot be sent to the A directly... and you can't get a player for him if he is wanted by another team. Makes no sense for a team to trade a player anyway when they can claim him if he gets by the other teams.

Interesting... I learn something new about the CBA each day it seems.

Old
01-04-2011, 03:40 AM
captainpaxil

once leighton clears we should begin banking five hundred grand or so

Last edited by captainpaxil: 01-04-2011 at 03:49 AM.
captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:01 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Quick confirmation through the answer from the Cap Geek... Doesn't ever stop working?... His response:

" Hi,

It's just regular waivers. See section 13.23 of the CBA on Page 77, linked under "More" on CapGeek.

Thanks.

Matthew Wuest
www.CapGeek.com "
Yeah, capgeek is the man. It's probably so annoying getting questions like this (no offense, I have sent him a bunch in the past too, haha) but he answers pretty much all of them and pretty quickly too.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:07 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Interesting... I learn something new about the CBA each day it seems.
Indeed, just in time for it to be ripped up and rewritten.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:55 PM
seanerixon

Send a message via AIM to seanerixon Send a message via MSN to seanerixon Send a message via Yahoo to seanerixon Send a message via Skype™ to seanerixon
Butters
Quote:
no no no i have stuff to do.

seanerixon is offline   Reply With Quote