HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Extremely OT: Always Sunny

Old
01-04-2011, 03:04 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Extremely OT: Always Sunny

Hello Flyer fans, I was watching the best show ever made last night (Always Sunny), and Mac's Big Break was on...I've seen this episode before but couldn't find the answer I was looking for...

For those that don't watch it, Mac wins a radio contest and has to take a shot from center ice at a Flyers' game to win a trip to the beach house...but my question is, was this actually filmed during intermission at a Flyer game? It looks like it definitely was, but friends of mine seem to think it looked superimposed. So, was it filmed at a real game, and if so, was anyone there?

Thanks!

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
Hello Flyer fans, I was watching the best show ever made last night (Always Sunny), and Mac's Big Break was on...I've seen this episode before but couldn't find the answer I was looking for...

For those that don't watch it, Mac wins a radio contest and has to take a shot from center ice at a Flyers' game to win a trip to the beach house...but my question is, was this actually filmed during intermission at a Flyer game? It looks like it definitely was, but friends of mine seem to think it looked superimposed. So, was it filmed at a real game, and if so, was anyone there?

Thanks!
It was filmed I believe during one of the games against Montreal last season during intermission. Alot of it was superimposed but they did in fact skate on the ice and have the "Mac" chant done. Theirs a youtube video of it out there.

EDIT: After further research it was filmed during the April 2nd game last season against Montreal. (78th game)

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 03:12 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
It was filmed I believe during one of the games against Montreal last season during intermission. Alot of it was superimposed but they did in fact skate on the ice and have the "Mac" chant done. Theirs a youtube video of it out there.

EDIT: After further research it was filmed during the April 2nd game last season against Montreal. (78th game)
Very cool, thanks for the information. I thought it was against the Habs because in the background you could at one point see the ticker that says Flyers 1 Canadiens 0.

Were any of you guys at the game?

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 03:38 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Very cool, thanks for the information. I thought it was against the Habs because in the background you could at one point see the ticker that says Flyers 1 Canadiens 0.

Were any of you guys at the game?
Yea I was there but I dont remember them announcing to the fans to stay in the seats for this tapping. My brother and I were getting food when it happened...

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Here is said youtube video....

Hollywood Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 04:46 PM
flountown

I thought they had done it pregame, and they only used stand-ins. The actual scene with Mac and Charlie, and Preston and Steve for the locals who listen, was filmed in the empty Staples Center, or at least a rink in CA. The filming at the game was only for fan reaction which was imposed on green screens for shots with the cast in them.

flountown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Phileeguy
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
I thought they had done it pregame, and they only used stand-ins. The actual scene with Mac and Charlie, and Preston and Steve for the locals who listen, was filmed in the empty Staples Center, or at least a rink in CA. The filming at the game was only for fan reaction which was imposed on green screens for shots with the cast in them.
Yeah they did both. I remember there being a behind the scenes video that Preston and Steve did when they were out in L.A. I think it was on Comcast On Demand a while back. Don't think it's there anymore though. Here it is:

Phileeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:

Thanks!
I was at the game and it was definitely pre-game. It was kinda cool... not that I had a chance to be on tv because I was in the upper level. What I thought was cool was that you couldn't tell if he made the shot or not. I was surprised when I saw the episode.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
It's Always Sunny is never OT.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 06:20 PM
BringBackStevens

This episode was horrible

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 07:25 PM
reverend duder

the last season and a half has been horrible, IMHO. they first four seasons were genius. now, not so much.

reverend duder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Omar Little
Omar comin yo

4th Season was the worst.

5th was amazing and the 6th had its ups and downs

Omar Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:26 PM
RIPRichardsCarter