HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Michael Leighton on Waivers. Petr Prucha on re-entry waivers [both clear]

Old
01-04-2011, 09:40 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
When do we find out?

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
He would at least bring a little experience to their team. The goalies they have have practically never played in the NHL before.
So a goalie that was waived twice in the past 2 seasons and is just finally coming back from back surgery who isn't at the top of his game is going to help the Isles?

I"ll take a healthy Lawson to start over that mess, plus from what I've seen so far he looks like he belongs, that could change very quickly but for now I'd rather see them go with that.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea and Prucha apparently tore it up in the AHL. Someone should give him a chance at half the price and he is a UFA no?
but every time i think that the player ends up clearing waivers... just over 300k for a player that has top 6 potential seems worth the risk for just about any team that needs a forward

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
When do we find out?
Noon eastern time I believe

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:13 AM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

While I want both of these guys to be picked up...I have my doubts. Guys who are on waivers who you think DESERVE to be picked up...never are. Its annoying as hell. And both of these guys have such small cap hits. You'd think they would have to be, right? Who knows...

Prucha to the Preds would be interesting. If we didn't already have a billion forwards I'd take him in the Burgh. I just don't see where he would play. He REALLY shouldn't make that far up the waiver wire list anyhow.

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:26 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
So a goalie that was waived twice in the past 2 seasons and is just finally coming back from back surgery who isn't at the top of his game is going to help the Isles?

I"ll take a healthy Lawson to start over that mess, plus from what I've seen so far he looks like he belongs, that could change very quickly but for now I'd rather see them go with that.
You're the second worst team in the league. Not trying to insult you, but what's the point in trying to immediately make the Isles better? They're a rebuilding team.

I don't know anything about Lawson, but assuming that he's a legitimate prospect, it's better to let a vet like Leighton lead the way to second overall rather then feed a prospect to the wolves in a season where he's not likely to win much or gain much from it.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:56 AM
MaritimeHockeyNut
Dark Days are here

Ideal for the isles I think now that glass-man dippy is injured again. Plus you never know he might fetch a 4th rounder or something for a playoff team that wants a 3rd goalie... They are in need of a goalie... since they are deliberatly tanking they dont want to superstar goalie just someone to put between the pipes... and the cap hit is right for the isles if they choose to trade more players so they dont drop below the minimum. Makes sence all way around really.

MaritimeHockeyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:06 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post

If the goal is to win a cup, Leighton is not a useful piece unless you can protect him. But a rebuilding team could use a veteran goalie, especially if they plan on losing a lot. Goalies are fickle creatures, and prospect goalies even more so; if I'm going to get hammered, better to let the vet take the bruising than prospects.

I'm not saying that MFL is the best choice for the Isles, but they could do worse and with DP out, Leighton could be a decent option considering he's coming for free.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Telfo
THRASHERS

Leighton cleared

Telfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:09 AM
Brunomics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
You're the second worst team in the league. Not trying to insult you, but what's the point in trying to immediately make the Isles better? They're a rebuilding team.

I don't know anything about Lawson, but assuming that he's a legitimate prospect, it's better to let a vet like Leighton lead the way to second overall rather then feed a prospect to the wolves in a season where he's not likely to win much or gain much from it.
I think the point I am making is that and AHL/NHL tweener who is just coming back from injury I personally feel isn't really an upgrade over what they have. Also I feel it's better for the Isles to know what they have in their system with this guy right now than be stuck with Leighton to the end of next season. Yea the Isles suck but at the same time they are playing some pretty respectable hockey right now and personally I just don't see any point in bringing in Leighton, if this was Nabokov on waivers I'd totally be for it but it's not.

Just saw someone posted that he cleared so it's all basically moot point now.

Brunomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:12 AM
7th Player

Leighton cleared apparently
http://twitter.com/#!/DNFlyers

7th Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Cleary84

Dammit. Is it wrong of me to wish him out of the organization entirely?

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:21 AM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th Player View Post
Leighton cleared apparently
http://twitter.com/#!/DNFlyers
Well, that sucks.

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Ville Isopää

Send a message via ICQ to Ville Isopää
re-entry waivers next?

Ville Isopää is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:29 AM
LWnumber09

Any word on Prucha?

LWnumber09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:31 AM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
Well, that sucks.
For whom? Leighton himself? Did anyone really need a goalie bad enough to pick up Leighton at $1.55 million?

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Googled Prucha and it looks like he cleared too based on a lot of tweeting going on.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:58 AM
BuddehJuS

Send a message via AIM to BuddehJuS
Prucha cleared per Mckenzie.

http://twitter.com/tsnbobmckenzie

BuddehJuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 12:23 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I'm guessing he asked Yotes to re-entry him, under the pretense that if he went unclaimed, he'd head over to Europe.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 12:36 PM
Jakeman

maybe they plan on inserting him into the lineup,since he played really well down on the farm?

Jakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Hoffa28

Leighton cleared waivers...What a surprise!..Have fun playing in the AHL the next 2 yrs

Hoffa28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 02:05 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffa28 View Post
Leighton cleared waivers...What a surprise!..Have fun playing in the AHL the next 2 yrs
We might see him come up in the playoffs or in an "emergency" situation this season, and he isn't subject to re-entry waivers after this regular season. At least I HOPE Holmgren doesn't try to bring him back and end up paying half his cap hit this year and next. That would be an unconscionable (second) mistake.

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 02:10 PM
FlyersFan61290

Bill Clement said on NHL Live that the only way Leighton gets recalled is if Homer makes a trade (In other words he will not risk paying half his salary and getting nothing in return). Homer was quoted as saying he tried to move him but "there's nothing there", maybe there is at half price. Think the Flyers would be willing to eat half now so they don't have to deal with him next yr too. If that's the case you can expect Boucher to resign especially if he continues he good play.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 02:14 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
We might see him come up in the playoffs or in an "emergency" situation this season, and he isn't subject to re-entry waivers after this regular season. At least I HOPE Holmgren doesn't try to bring him back and end up paying half his cap hit this year and next. That would be an unconscionable (second) mistake.
? I was under the impression that if a player is picked up on re-entry the team is only be responsible for half the salary that year not for the remainder of the contract. Pretty sure the Flyers would not be on the hook next yr if he gets claimed on re-entry

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 02:25 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
If Leighton didn't play the way he did against Boston, they wouldn't have even made the finals. They act like they had a golden ticket to the Cup and this guy screwed it all up for them. He didn't win it by himself like he did the series before but the Flyers could have picked him up in a couple of the SCF games, especially OT at home, but they weren't capable as a team/choked.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote