HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Any interest in Robyn Regehr?

Old
12-30-2010, 11:26 AM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Carcillo is useless, Walker is useless and not a roster player. What's the problem from the Flyers end with Carsuck, Walksuck, Carle going to Calgary?

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 02:30 PM
CantSeeColors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u2 View Post
i just showed the credibilty........he is the Wade Redden of the Flames IMO
All you've shown is that you don't understand what kind of player Regher is.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
Hi all, Flames fan here. I've been on the 'blow it up' bandwagon for 8 months or so now, and it finally looks like we're gonna get somewhere with it. So with that in mind, would the Flyers look at acquiring Robyn Regehr? Pair him with Pronger or on the 2nd defense pair with Timmonen, and you've either got one devastating defense tandem that will physically destroy any top forward in the league, or you've got two elite shutdown pairs.

Regehr has one more year on his contract at I believe 4.5M, and is currently 32. Rumors of his demise are greatly exaggerated; since being paired with J-Bo, the Flames defense has been greatly improved. He's not the best skater ever, but he's no Adrian 'The Tortoise' Aucoin. He is excellent positionally, and still lays out the big hit at opportune times.

As a Flame fan, I'd hope to get JvR + picks/prospects + Salary dump (O'Donnell+ for instance) or at least start with JvR and build from there.

Would the Flyers be interested in doing this or something similar?
No not a chance.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Cartsiephan*

How about Zherdev and Carter for Iginla, Backlund, and your #1 pick in 2011?

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 04:12 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Carle+Carcillo for Regehr would be great. Even better if we can trick the Flames into thinking that Shelley is desirable.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
So in exchange for a guy who would combine with Pronger to give Crosby and Malkin night terrors, you won't give up a guy who's scoring at less than 0.5 PPG? Just because he was a former 2nd overall pick? I'd say the addition of Regehr has a far greater impact on the Flyers' fortunes than the loss of JvR.

But I guess you all would know better than me. So counter-propose with something more realistic than 2 2nd rounders. A first, a third, and a salary dump, I don't know.
No, because JVR still has the potential to be a 60-70-point player and because Regehr would not help us that much. Additionally he would totally screw up the Flyers' cap.

What would give you the impression the Flyers were in the market for D? They have a solid top pairing that logged tons of minutes on a big run last year, they have a very good second pairing anchored by a #1 or at least 1A/1B type of guy who has a good partner. Even the third pairing has a top four caliber guy for any team (leading DMen in +/-) and a very good vet who performs well. Bartulis is a decent depth DMan, too. We'd be more interested in another depth guy like him, an 8th serviceable D would be nice, but those don't cost $4.5M and good young players.

Based on the price of D rentals and long-term rentals, I think you could fleece a contender with the cap space (or close to it) out of a first or possibly two 2nds, a 2nd/3rd ... something like that.

No one is going to give you an elite or top-of-the-second-tier prospect for Regehr.

He is better than Hannan but requires more of a commitment. I just don't see him commanding anything near what you're saying. And I know his game pretty well, I have covered the Flames several times, including a couple games this season.

Even the most encouraging responses you're getting--about receiving Carle--are not realistic. You could not get a top four DMan that age/caliber for him.

Think about what you got for Phaneuf and work backwards; he is not nearly as valuable given his age, salary and contract status.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
How about Zherdev and Carter for Iginla, Backlund, and your #1 pick in 2011?
Man you are a hater

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
I don't think it's good policy to tell Optimus Prime no very often, and avoid it if possible.

But, no.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2010, 11:44 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Carcillo is useless, Walker is useless and not a roster player. What's the problem from the Flyers end with Carsuck, Walksuck, Carle going to Calgary?
I'll never understand why Flyers fans think Carcillo is useless. Everyone needs to get over that Homer traded Upshall for him. Boo hoo.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:21 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Carle Walker Shelley Carcillo Leighton

for

Regehr

I mean, how could you NOT say no to that package?

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 12:22 AM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Carle+Carcillo for Regehr would be great. Even better if we can trick the Flames into thinking that Shelley is desirable.
It seemed to work with Stajan and Hagman

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 02:14 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
Carle Walker Shelley Carcillo Leighton

for

Regehr

I mean, how could you NOT say no to that package?
^---This

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:35 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonen View Post
I'd give you Matt Carle and Dan Carcillo
Quote:
Throw in JvR and a 2nd and it's a deal. We'll even throw in Glencross.

I hate feeding trolls... but get serious please. really. please.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 07:42 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
It seemed to work with Stajan and Hagman
Changing of the guard. We're out of luck.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 03:02 PM
Andrew Knoll
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Changing of the guard. We're out of luck.

Jay Feaster could be swayed if we sent him a seven-foot sub from Campo's. He'd be delivering Backlund for Shelley by the time he got to the fifth bite of his Original Cin.

Andrew Knoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2010, 05:51 PM
rban*

Quote:
So in exchange for a guy who would combine with Pronger to give Crosby and Malkin night terrors, you won't give up a guy who's scoring at less than 0.5 PPG? Just because he was a former 2nd overall pick? I'd say the addition of Regehr has a far greater impact on the Flyers' fortunes than the loss of JvR.

But I guess you all would know better than me. So counter-propose with something more realistic than 2 2nd rounders. A first, a third, and a salary dump, I don't know.
One word: age, buddy, age. Pray tell, how old is Robyn compared to JVR? And will JVR be getting better than he is now... while Robyn will start sliding?

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:45 PM
TheDoctor10
Bigger on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post

I hate feeding trolls... but get serious please. really. please.
I know you don't care, but I'm honestly not trying to troll. I'm sorry for undervaluing JvR; it just seems like he's a forgotten man when the Flyers get talked about. I thought maybe management might be looking to move him. Clearly his value is way higher than I had thought.

With that said, Robyn Regehr is worth a lot more than Carle/Carcillo. Carle plus some combination of prospects/2nd/3rd rounders, I'm not sure what. I don't really follow the Flyers that closely. Though HF has the Flyers ranked 28th as far as prospect depth goes, and like the Flames, most of that depth looks to be on the blue line and in goal.

So with that said, I have no idea. IF Holmgren wanted Regehr, he could probably get him. But none of you really seem to want him, so it is what it is.

TheDoctor10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:51 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
I know you don't care, but I'm honestly not trying to troll. I'm sorry for undervaluing JvR; it just seems like he's a forgotten man when the Flyers get talked about. I thought maybe management might be looking to move him. Clearly his value is way higher than I had thought.
It's not just you who doesn't understand that JVR is playing very well despite limited time. And besides him playing well, every once in a while there are those flashes where he just dominates everything that makes me think, even for a second, he could be the most dominant forward on this team in a few years. Of course that would be hard with Carter, Richards, Giroux, etc, but when he gets his legs driving he's a force.

Quote:
With that said, Robyn Regehr is worth a lot more than Carle/Carcillo. Carle plus some combination of prospects/2nd/3rd rounders, I'm not sure what. I don't really follow the Flyers that closely. Though HF has the Flyers ranked 28th as far as prospect depth goes, and like the Flames, most of that depth looks to be on the blue line and in goal.
The Flyers prospect pool is short on forwards. We don't really have any bluechips, but we have quite a few quality defenseman and a couple good goalies.

We also need our picks. It doesn't look like the Flyers and Flames are good trading partners.

Quote:
So with that said, I have no idea. IF Holmgren wanted Regehr, he could probably get him. But none of you really seem to want him, so it is what it is.
He'd be a nice upgrade to Carle, and Meszaros would take Carle's spot making our defense look like:

Pronger - Meszaros
Timonen - Coburn
Regehr - O'Donnell

It looks nice, but it's not particularly necessary to acquire Regehr.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Homer has said that JVR isn't going to get moved, and I think that's wise. He still has some developing left to do, and I want to see where it goes.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

The Flyers prospect pool is short on forwards. We don't really have any bluechips, but we have quite a few quality defenseman and a couple good goalies.
who are these quality dman you speak of? You cant be speaking baout the ones who have regressed this year can you? So you still think gus or the finn will still be a potential replacement for carel next year? Gus while with the big club cant even get a spot start over Bartulis, who hasnt looked all that good. That speaks volumes right now.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:56 PM
McNasty

Quote:

Not to the Flyers.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:48 PM
PhilaFlyers

vCash: 300
No interest

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote