HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Duco

Old
01-04-2011, 11:18 AM
howztheglass

vCash: 500
I must admit I do like Duco for his physical play for the few times that I saw him play with the Panther's I believe Avery does the same for us,plus Avery scores(except for this season)more than Duco would.I'm not going to get into saying it's ridiculous to even think of him being on the Ranger's but as many have said he's another 4/th liner--he will bang and bang but with Avery and Purst you have same type of player with a much better scoring touch.

howztheglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 11:40 AM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by howztheglass View Post
I must admit I do like Duco for his physical play for the few times that I saw him play with the Panther's I believe Avery does the same for us,plus Avery scores(except for this season)more than Duco would.I'm not going to get into saying it's ridiculous to even think of him being on the Ranger's but as many have said he's another 4/th liner--he will bang and bang but with Avery and Purst you have same type of player with a much better scoring touch.
Prust, yes. Feds, yes. Avery, not as much. Shouldn't they be a little closer to having as many hits as Boyle and Cally?
Duco will look for the hit every time, unlike anyone except Callahan and Boyle.
Plus, is Avery not kinda injury prone??
When all are healthy he'd be in Hartford. No biggie, he's quite afforable. If a scorer get injured, he wouldn't be called up either. If a grinder/agitator/fighter Prust, Feds, Boogaard, Avery, Callahan(yes, Cally falls under both categories, why we all love him) gets hurt, then Duco.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 06:01 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
again, ignorant opinions mean nothing.
What a ball you just lobbed up there, but I'll leave it alone.

Forgetting the fools who run Florida, why hasn't another GM picked up the "gem" Duco, on the cheap, or are you smarter than every GM in the game?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 07:46 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
What a ball you just lobbed up there, but I'll leave it alone.

Forgetting the fools who run Florida, why hasn't another GM picked up the "gem" Duco, on the cheap, or are you smarter than every GM in the game?
Is this what you type when you can't think of anything good?

Old
01-04-2011, 08:01 PM
useref15

I think you fail to see that this team needs somebody who can put the puck in the net. I've never seen this guy play, but theres no need to. The stats don't lie. We have enough of these type of players. What does he bring that we don't currently have?

I'd rather focus on getting a Center who can put the puck in the back of the net.

useref15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:09 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Is this what you type when you can't think of anything good?
If you can't answer a direct question, you're admitting that you're spouting nonsense. Want to try again?

You maintain that Duco is not in the NHL because management in Florida is brain-dead. Why hasn't another, smarter organization, wrestled him away from Florida? Or are you the only person on the planet who understands the value of this hockey player? Is that your contention?

Ignore me, make a nonsensical remark, or tackle the question. It's a very fair question, and since you've been obnoxious and condescending to anyone who disagrees with you, it would be refreshing for you to come up with something coherent and logical.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

We have Brandon Prust. If we didn't, this guy might be more of a necessity.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:34 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
We have Brandon Prust. If we didn't, this guy might be more of a necessity.
I never said he's a necessity.
If Prust gets hurt, I just think Duco would be better to have as our AHL call up grinder than whoever we have at the moment.

Last edited by CHGoalie27: 01-04-2011 at 10:49 PM.