HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

North Dakota Fighting Sioux

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
With the Fargo Force beating the USA U18 team last nite 6-1 I would have to think the Sioux should have no problem tonite with them.To bad Grimaldi won't be playing as he is trying to make the World Junior team.
So much for a blowout.Sioux win by the score of 2-1. JT Miller a Sioux recruit had the only goal for the USA team and from what I hear was the best player on the ice for them.That is good to hear. I guess this proves that the Fargo Force are better than the Sioux.

Old
12-22-2010, 05:37 PM
Dakota Sioux

Derek Forbort and Brock Nelson made the World Junior team and Sioux recruit Rocco Grimaldi got cut. A bit surprised on Brock making it but apparently he had a great camp. The reason they gave for Rocco getting cut was because of his size but they loved his speed.Plus being only 17 might of had somethig to do with it too.Forbort was a no brainer.

Old
12-22-2010, 08:07 PM
sbkbghockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Derek Forbort and Brock Nelson made the World Junior team and Sioux recruit Rocco Grimaldi got cut. A bit surprised on Brock making it but apparently he had a great camp. The reason they gave for Rocco getting cut was because of his size but they loved his speed.Plus being only 17 might of had somethig to do with it too.Forbort was a no brainer.
I've seen him play once and also heard lots of good things about Grimaldi. I'm sure he'll be back on the US WJ teams over the next few years. Sometimes getting cut can really motivate a player. Most players (even the best) get cut at some point in their careers. If everything is handed to a player on a golden plate that might be fine for hockey skill development but does nothing to build the overall character and maturity of the player.

Old
12-23-2010, 02:50 AM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
So much for a blowout.Sioux win by the score of 2-1. JT Miller a Sioux recruit had the only goal for the USA team and from what I hear was the best player on the ice for them.That is good to hear. I guess this proves that the Fargo Force are better than the Sioux.
I personally thought Biggs was the best player on the ice for the US team, but Miller did look good.

At any rate, the sioux looked like garbage. Played terrible. It was like a "let's get this game over with and go home for x-mas" effort. Oh well..I got a nice sioux hockey tee after the game along with the und parise bobblehead. Going to go back to the ralph tomorrow and grab a green jersey I think before I leave from break. Don't have one of the new ones.

Old
12-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Dakota Sioux

Old
12-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Dakota Sioux

Old
12-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Dakota Sioux

Great story on Frattin.
http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=547733#

Old
12-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Dakota Sioux

Danny Matson will not go to the Sioux now and instead will be going to Bemidji.From what I hear he would of had a hard time getting ice time and hasn't developed like they had hoped for when he gave the Sioux a verbal back in 07'.

Old
12-30-2010, 10:21 PM
Dakota Sioux

So much for a happy beginning for the opener at the Amsoil Arena for the Dogs. Sioux kick butt 5-0 to send the home crowd home scratching their head saying what just happened. Dell with another solid effort and even Kristo scored a goal.Great way to end 2010 and get ready for their patented 2nd half push.

Old
12-31-2010, 12:38 PM
Dakota Sioux

What a way to BREAK in the new AmsOil Arena.

Old
01-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Dakota Sioux

Hopefully the good December brings a great April.
http://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-m...r-sioux-streak

Old
01-04-2011, 10:51 PM
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss

Haha, you weren't kidding. You are pretty much single handedly running this thread.

Time for the 2nd half run! I don't wanna jinx em or jump to conclusions, but have you seen the schedule? Things can change, but right now, looks very favorable.

Old
01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
Haha, you weren't kidding. You are pretty much single handedly running this thread.

Time for the 2nd half run! I don't wanna jinx em or jump to conclusions, but have you seen the schedule? Things can change, but right now, looks very favorable.
Their first half schedule was brutal but I really like their chances this second half.

Old
01-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Dakota Sioux

Men against boys tonite.Sioux crushing Robert Morris 8-0 and there is still 6 minutes left.

Old
01-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
6 points in the last 2 games for Kristo. Hopefully he is back on track.

Old
01-08-2011, 09:46 PM
Dakota Sioux

Sioux didn't get 8 tonite but got 2 and that was enough for a 2-1 win over Robert Morris.First goal Dell has allowed in 227 minutes.Next up the hated Goofers come to the Ralph. I will be there for saturdays tilt which I look forward to every year.

Frattin with #20 tonite and Kristo with an empty netter.

Old
01-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Dakota Sioux

It's Sioux/Goofer week. The best college hockey rivalry in the nation and it will be the last one with UND being know as the Fighting Sioux. A bunch of us will be up for saturdays game and that includes minny fans. The Ralph will be hopping and I see the Sioux dominating friday nite and staurday will be a tight checking nail biter with the Sioux coming out on top 3-2.

Old
01-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Dakota Sioux

It's time.
http://web.nccray.com/tkessler/undumn.htm

Old
01-09-2011, 08:22 PM
RabidBadger

Quote:
It's Sioux/Goofer week. The best college hockey rivalry in the nation and it will be the last one with UND being know as the Fighting Sioux. A bunch of us will be up for saturdays game and that includes minny fans. The Ralph will be hopping and I see the Sioux dominating friday nite and staurday will be a tight checking nail biter with the Sioux coming out on top 3-2.

I don't know about the "best" rivalry. If I had to pick a top conference rivalry it would be NoDak and Denver the past 5 years. I think that one trumps ND/MN even when Minny had good teams a few years ago (remember those?). I know we all hate the Goofs the most, but, sadly, they haven't provided the competition level necessary to stoke the flames of rivalry. I'd say NoDak (always a close 2nd most hated rival in the cheese-clogged ventricles of Badger fan's hearts), St. Cloud and Duluth have surplanted Minny as the teams they'd like to pelt with beer cans, if we were classless as Canadian hockey fans, in Madison.

I feel accomplished after managing to insult Sioux, Goof and Canadian fans in one fell swoop (although I only meant it about Canadian fans)...time to move on. Good luck this weekend!

Old
01-09-2011, 09:25 PM
Dakota Sioux

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidBadger View Post
I don't know about the "best" rivalry. If I had to pick a top conference rivalry it would be NoDak and Denver the past 5 years. I think that one trumps ND/MN even when Minny had good teams a few years ago (remember those?). I know we all hate the Goofs the most, but, sadly, they haven't provided the competition level necessary to stoke the flames of rivalry. I'd say NoDak (always a close 2nd most hated rival in the cheese-clogged ventricles of Badger fan's hearts), St. Cloud and Duluth have surplanted Minny as the teams they'd like to pelt with beer cans, if we were classless as Canadian hockey fans, in Madison.

I feel accomplished after managing to insult Sioux, Goof and Canadian fans in one fell swoop (although I only meant it about Canadian fans)...time to move on. Good luck this weekend!
I still get more pumped for this series more than any other regardless of how crappy the goofs are. The trash talking that leads up to it with my goof fan buds and then the craziness at the Ralph during the games. Usually all in good fun but then ya run into some idiots that have had way to many beers and just won't shut up even after the Sioux just kicked their boys butts. Some folks really don't have a clue. But Rabid you are right about the last 5 years or so the Denver series has been good but I was at both games at the Ralph back in October and it still doesn't come close to the buzz in the Ralph that this series does.

Old
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
Dakota Sioux

North Dakotans never say never.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/even...cle/id/189627/

Old
01-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Dakota Sioux

2 days until the greatest rivalry in college hockey begins.

Old
01-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Dakota Sioux

Frattin and Genoway on the Hobey ballot.Really thought Dell deserved to be on there to but I guess not.I mean he does lead the nation with 15 victories.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArt...CLID=205075858

Old
01-12-2011, 11:53 PM
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Frattin and Genoway on the Hobey ballot.Really thought Dell deserved to be on there to but I guess not.I mean he does lead the nation with 15 victories.

http://www.fightingsioux.com/ViewArt...CLID=205075858
WOW, complete shock Dell isn't on the ballot. He's one if not THE hottest goalie in college hockey this season. All the more reason to sweep the Gophers this weekend!

Old
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Dakota Sioux

Closed Thread