Old
01-04-2011, 04:11 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
Could be.

It's time for Bourque and Stajan to sit the **** down until they remember why they're here.
You would think they would pick it up after having their ice time cut down. Guess they haven't got the hint the past few games, time to grab the popcorn and watch how you play hockey.

FLAMES666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Stewie Griffin
#unsustainable

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMES666 View Post
You would think they would pick it up after having their ice time cut down. Guess they haven't got the hint the past few games, time to grab the popcorn and watch how you play hockey.
They must be watching Canada vs. Russia on Wednesday, and not Flames vs. Canucks?

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 04:43 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
They must be watching Canada vs. Russia on Wednesday, and not Flames vs. Canucks?
Or focus on how the Canucks play.

Old
01-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Lunatik*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
I'll agree with you that, at this point, the cap space is kinda irrelevant for us; we aren't going to make a big-ticket acquisition at the deadline, and despite what Feaster says, I'm still anticipating some salary being shed mid-February. Maybe not Iginla, but I would certainly think Regehr has been made aware that the organization would like to take offers for him.

Staios... I can't imagine there's much of a need for him on any NHL roster... At this point, he's old, injury-prone, slow, limited in every single aspect of the game. Even at 1.35, I wonder how many teams would have even a passing interest.
I think come closer to the playoffs a team will take a chance on Staios... he's a warrior who is a great leader and will leave it all on the ice... a team with some injury problems going into the playoffs would be lucky to add that kind of guy... especially if its a younger team (like Atlanta for example)

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:21 PM
3rdEye
HF Official Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
I think come closer to the playoffs a team will take a chance on Staios... he's a warrior who is a great leader and will leave it all on the ice... a team with some injury problems going into the playoffs would be lucky to add that kind of guy... especially if its a younger team (like Atlanta for example)
I agree. He was great for us down the stretch last year. He was blocking shots like a mad man and gave it 110% every shift. He is a great rental... just not a great full-time roster player.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Canucks' fan, coming in peace...with the addition of Backlund to the lineup, what does your roster look like for tomorrow's tilt?(I'm putting it in the GDT).

Best of luck!

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:51 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post
Canucks' fan, coming in peace...with the addition of Backlund to the lineup, what does your roster look like for tomorrow's tilt?(I'm putting it in the GDT).

Best of luck!
It hasn't been said he will play for sure tomorrow but if he does lines will most likely be something like this:

Tanguay - Joker - Iggy
Hagman - Stajan/Backlund - Kotalik
Glencross - Morrison/Backlund - Bourque
Kostopolous - Moss - Jackman

Regehr - Bouwmeester
Giordano - Sarich
Babchuck - Pardy

Old
01-04-2011, 09:27 PM
Triple Deke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Canucklehead View Post

Best of luck!
Apparently they mixed it up with Conroy between BMo & Bourque.
Thoughts are that Conroy is a placeholder for Backlund.
This means one of GlenX, Hagman will be sitting out vs 'Nucks

End Result should look like:

Tanguay - Jokinen - Iginla
Morrison- Backlund- Bourque
Hagman/GlenX - Stajan - Kotalik
Kostopolous - Moss - Jackman

Regher - Bouwmeester
Giordano - Sarich
Pardy - Babchuk

Kipper
Karlsson

Triple Deke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:35 PM
GoFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime View Post
I'll agree with you that, at this point, the cap space is kinda irrelevant for us; we aren't going to make a big-ticket acquisition at the deadline, and despite what Feaster says, I'm still anticipating some salary being shed mid-February. Maybe not Iginla, but I would certainly think Regehr has been made aware that the organization would like to take offers for him.

Staios... I can't imagine there's much of a need for him on any NHL roster... At this point, he's old, injury-prone, slow, limited in every single aspect of the game. Even at 1.35, I wonder how many teams would have even a passing interest.
That 1.35 is based on being waived for the entire season when in reality the season is roughly half done so this number would be much lower.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:32 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
Completely agree, for an old guy, he's shown spark and battle while he's played this year, I definately think some of the contenders with defensive woes would be willing to take him on, and as you said earlier, if not in a trade than waivers.. Give him one last chance to play for the cup

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote