HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around Hockey VI (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2011, 02:16 AM
  #926
Pluckfur
Registered User
 
Pluckfur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 7,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJCougar View Post
The whole conversation was ridiculous, meant to be that way, just a little fun. See the above comments about who is uglier. As for the choosing between one or the other, that was the gist of the convo. (Which one do you like better) Of course Sid has the hardware to prove he's better. We all know that DSL. There isn't a day that goes by, especially lately, that we haven't been spoon fed Sid's greatness. As for passion including some abandon, sure. Whatever words you want to describe it, I like it. It brings excitement and that is why I watch. If I wanted to watch Disney on Ice, I would. But I don't. I watch hockey. And being a Jackets fan hints that I am going to cheer for the underdog. Go Caps!

Not sure where you were going with the Manning/Vick comparison unless to say that although Manning has more hardware, Vick may be the better athlete because he's faster but Manning is the better Quarterback cause he can stand in the pocket and make better throws, whereas Vick can get chased from the pocket and still make good plays because he runs. BUT being an athlete in QB will never work is because doing so will get you hurt. The great SB champions of the past, Montana, Brady, Brees, Manning, are all pocket passers. How many scramblers can you say have won the SB? AND in that I will choose Manning every time because of his personality.
Not to mention the fact that Vick eats babies (ok, puppies.)

Pluckfur is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 03:11 PM
  #927
Hipster Letestu
Registered User
 
Hipster Letestu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Westerville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Quote:
BREAKING: Post has learned that Rangers are sending Del Zotto to AHL and recalling Ryan McDonagah.
Wow, unexpected move there.

Hipster Letestu is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 03:22 PM
  #928
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Apparently Rooney cant count either

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...02660#comments

BluejacketNut is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 05:55 PM
  #929
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,938
vCash: 500
Michael Leighton is apparently on waivers...

I might kick the tires with Mason's struggles and the fact that Garon will be a UFA when the season is over.

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 06:25 PM
  #930
CBJCougar
Registered User
 
CBJCougar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Inside a house
Country: United States
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by astall35 View Post
Wow, unexpected move there.
I am not shocked at all. We were talking about DMZ this past weekend.

Wait for it....*perks ears up so she can hear Howson running down the hall to pick up another wrinkled Blueshirt.*

That will be the bombshell move by SH. He will pick up MDZ.

CBJCougar is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 06:35 PM
  #931
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey
 
Timeless Winter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 16,062
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
I hope so Coug, he's a better version of Russell.

Timeless Winter is offline  
Old
01-03-2011, 06:39 PM
  #932
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 15,408
vCash: 500
I don't think the Rags will trade MDZ...unless McDonough plays that much better...

Fro is offline  
Old
01-05-2011, 02:31 AM
  #933
punk_o_holic
 
punk_o_holic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: N. Vancouver, B.C.
Country: Japan
Posts: 6,961
vCash: 500
So T.B. signed M.A. Bergeron but he is starting off in the AHL. They plan on bringing him up in two weeks. He would need to clear waivers though. Would you want the Jackets to pick him up? Could help the power play and the offensive production from the back end but he sucks at D. Then again, he would fit right in and can't be worse then what we have right? Imo, Howson needs to make a bigger move then getting a guy like Bergeron but probably won't happen. Also, in 2 weeks the Jackets season could be close to being over(depending on how we play/other teams play).

While we're at it, word is Feaster has 2 game plans for the ownership. 1 is, we suck, lets blow up the team and 2 is, we have a chance, lets add some players. If they blow the team up, any interest in the Flames players? I think Giordano is wishful thinking as he is useful and just signed long term. What about over paid Jay Bouwmeester? What about Rene Bourque although can't see them letting him go. Rent a player options would be Jokinen or Tanguay.

punk_o_holic is offline  
Old
01-05-2011, 05:12 AM
  #934
Handyy
Registered User
 
Handyy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Jyvaskyla, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_o_holic View Post
While we're at it, word is Feaster has 2 game plans for the ownership. 1 is, we suck, lets blow up the team and 2 is, we have a chance, lets add some players. If they blow the team up, any interest in the Flames players? I think Giordano is wishful thinking as he is useful and just signed long term. What about over paid Jay Bouwmeester? What about Rene Bourque although can't see them letting him go. Rent a player options would be Jokinen or Tanguay.
Always commenting on Finnish players... But Jokinen has played good hockey recently, averaging about 1 pt/game. He can play point for the PP as well, so if he's available - and what's more important - he is willing, then pick him up. Highlight on the willingness of Jokinen himself, since he has been moving around lately and that has to take a mental toll.

As for the other players, Bouwmeester has too big a contract for the Jackets, I guess Bourque and Giordano are pretty much untradeable and Tanguay is not what Jackets need right now.

Handyy is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 09:23 AM
  #935
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,217
vCash: 500
Unfortunate.

__________________
"Every game, every point is a necessity." -- Ty Conklin, January 2007
"I'll have a chance to compete for the post of first issue. This is the most important thing." -- Sergei Bobrovsky, June 2012
Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 09:24 AM
  #936
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 15,408
vCash: 500
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...f=twitter_feed

Langs officially on trade block...

Fro is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 09:25 AM
  #937
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 15,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Unfortunate.
sure it broke your heart....

Fro is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 09:42 AM
  #938
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
sure it broke your heart....
The no-goal result didn't bother me, but I genuinely feel for the guy. Not unlike how I felt for Patrick Stefan.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 10:13 AM
  #939
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
See what Colorado fans in Europe made:
http://eurolanche.com/

and St. Louis fans:
http://www.stlbluesfans.eu/index.php?lang=en
http://www.facebook.com/pages/StLoui...68222556527425

mt-svk is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 10:42 AM
  #940
fox2usp
Inbred Cat
 
fox2usp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pumpkinville, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
There ya go mt. You can be our Slovakian representative for the Eurojackets site. LOL!

__________________
"I don't think I'll live long enough to forgive Howson for knocking off my rose colored glasses. He's a horrible, wretched, little stinker of a man. I just hope he wakes up in the morning and can't poop." -CBJCougar (on the Klesla trade), March 23, 2011
fox2usp is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 02:38 PM
  #941
Renion
Registered User
 
Renion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
The no-goal result didn't bother me, but I genuinely feel for the guy. Not unlike how I felt for Patrick Stefan.
I'm usually a softy about these things as well. I can barely watch any type of live performance by an individual because the possibility for embarrassment is so high. Of course, that doesn't prevent me from making jokes about it well after the fact.

Test: Did you feel that way about Kovalchuk's mishap?

Renion is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 02:45 PM
  #942
Double-Shift Lassť
Moderator
Just post better
 
Double-Shift Lassť's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Superurban Cbus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renion View Post
I'm usually a softy about these things as well. I can barely watch any type of live performance by an individual because the possibility for embarrassment is so high. Of course, that doesn't prevent me from making jokes about it well after the fact.

Test: Did you feel that way about Kovalchuk's mishap?
Actually, yes.

Double-Shift Lassť is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 02:48 PM
  #943
Renion
Registered User
 
Renion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 7,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Actually, yes.
I'll let you know if you passed if you do whatever you can think of to guarantee you passed.

Renion is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 03:02 PM
  #944
BluejacketNut
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fro View Post
I wouldnt mind it if it was Clark going the other way (unless Ethan is done for the year, havent read what his injury was yet))

BluejacketNut is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 11:51 PM
  #945
plong123
Litebrite Stinger
 
plong123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Stretchrunston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,756
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I don't want to start a panic, but I joined a St Louis Blues fan page earlier this year... LOL


ALSO: I have located another A++ hockey GIF. Enjoy.


plong123 is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 08:21 AM
  #946
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan
 
mt-svk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox2usp View Post
There ya go mt. You can be our Slovakian representative for the Eurojackets site. LOL!
I am worried that i would only one representative from Slovakia (I do not count my daughter ).

mt-svk is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 11:28 AM
  #947
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt-svk View Post
I am worried that i would only one representative from Slovakia (I do not count my daughter ).
I think you and Julka should count double because of how strongly you carry the flag in Slovakia!

pete goegan is offline  
Old
01-07-2011, 09:11 PM
  #948
blahblah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 16,727
vCash: 500
Wow, have the leafs/atlanta on... 8-1 leafs...

blahblah is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 02:22 AM
  #949
CapnCornelius
Registered User
 
CapnCornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,938
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
Wow, have the leafs/atlanta on... 8-1 leafs...
Well, Atlanta lost by 6, but at least they scored.

CapnCornelius is offline  
Old
01-08-2011, 09:52 PM
  #950
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey
 
Fro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Drinking With Carts
Country: United States
Posts: 15,408
vCash: 500
dunno if reliable but off trade board...

thrashers to winnepeg???

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/Sources-Say

Fro is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.