HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

does lander boot fraser off the team next year?

Old
01-04-2011, 04:21 PM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

vCash: 50
Well the latest ISS rankings show Landeskog at #4 and the Oilers currently would be drafting right around 3rd/4th (depending on the lottery outcome) so I'd say if they have their sights on a player like Landeskog they certainly have a shot at him.

1 Sean Couturier Centre
2 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Centre
3 Adam Larsson Defence
4 Gabriel Landeskog Right Wing
5 Brandon Saad Left Wing
6 Ryan Murphy Defence
7 Joel Armia Right Wing
8 Duncan Siemens Defence
9 Ryan Strome Centre
10 Victor Rask Centre

Most people would say that the Oilers top drafting priority should be a centre/dman and I think that's true as well... but if the Oilers drafted 4th and Landeskog was sitting there he'd be pretty tempting (although Murphy is probably the player I'd choose if he was still available at that point).

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Well the latest ISS rankings show Landeskog at #4 and the Oilers currently would be drafting right around 3rd/4th (depending on the lottery outcome) so I'd say if they have their sights on a player like Landeskog they certainly have a shot at him.

1 Sean Couturier Centre
3 Adam Larsson Defence
5 Brandon Saad Left Wing
6 Ryan Murphy Defence
7 Joel Armia Right Wing
8 Duncan Siemens Defence
9 Ryan Strome Centre
10 Victor Rask Centre

Most people would say that the Oilers top drafting priority should be a centre/dman and I think that's true as well... but if the Oilers drafted 4th and Landeskog was sitting there he'd be pretty tempting (although Murphy is probably the player I'd choose if he was still available at that point).
I want Ladeskog at 4 possibly 3 right now. I mean we could get a way with him on the third/fourth line if we have to for a few years while thing in the top 6 straighten up. He at least has the skillset to play in the bottom 6.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Nordic*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post

1 Sean Couturier Centre
3 Adam Larsson Defence
5 Brandon Saad Left Wing
6 Ryan Murphy Defence
7 Joel Armia Right Wing
8 Duncan Siemens Defence
9 Ryan Strome Centre
10 Victor Rask Centre

Why are people putting Couturier as #1? He hasn't stood out at all in any game I've ever seen him in. Granted, I've only seen him in this years WJC, but what's all the hype about?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:46 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Why are people putting Couturier as #1? He hasn't stood out at all in any game I've ever seen him in. Granted, I've only seen him in this years WJC, but what's all the hype about?
Well, he was playing in mostly a checking role, and the WJCs is generally a 19 year old's tournament. Seguin didn't even make the Canadian team last year and was in discussions for the 1st overall pick.

Guys like Larsson didn't do anything to raise his profile at the WJCs either, but he's still very much in the mix for the top pick as well (though the shine on him has started to wear off a little this year in general).

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:50 PM
copperandblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Guys like Larsson didn't do anything to raise his profile at the WJCs either, but he's still very much in the mix for the top pick as well (though the shine on him has started to wear off a little this year in general).
I didn't see the game but going off of second hand comments I was under the impression that Larsson did very well for himself yesterday and had the type of game that could positively impact his stock going into the draft?

copperandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Uindicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue View Post
I didn't see the game but going off of second hand comments I was under the impression that Larsson did very well for himself yesterday and had the type of game that could positively impact his stock going into the draft?
Larsson was really good out there yesterday, reminded me of Pronger the way he can quaterback the plays . Wouldn't mind anyone from the top 4, Sweden would be in the final if Landeskog wasn't injured imo. Couturier reminds me of Jordan Staal, but i'd go with RNH, this kid too me has the most potential, haven't seen much of him, only some vids but i hear the Sakic comparison.

Uindicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 09:09 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
These were the rankings before going into the WJC, so the WJC has nothing to do with these rankings. Like other's mentioned this is a 19 year old tournament. Heck #3 didn't even make Team Canada, so it just goes to show what the 17 year olds are up against.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote