HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

does lander boot fraser off the team next year?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-04-2011, 04:21 PM
  #76
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel
 
nexttothemoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,626
vCash: 50
Well the latest ISS rankings show Landeskog at #4 and the Oilers currently would be drafting right around 3rd/4th (depending on the lottery outcome) so I'd say if they have their sights on a player like Landeskog they certainly have a shot at him.


1 Sean Couturier Centre
2 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Centre
3 Adam Larsson Defence
4 Gabriel Landeskog Right Wing
5 Brandon Saad Left Wing
6 Ryan Murphy Defence
7 Joel Armia Right Wing
8 Duncan Siemens Defence
9 Ryan Strome Centre
10 Victor Rask Centre


Most people would say that the Oilers top drafting priority should be a centre/dman and I think that's true as well... but if the Oilers drafted 4th and Landeskog was sitting there he'd be pretty tempting (although Murphy is probably the player I'd choose if he was still available at that point).

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
  #77
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,450
vCash: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Well the latest ISS rankings show Landeskog at #4 and the Oilers currently would be drafting right around 3rd/4th (depending on the lottery outcome) so I'd say if they have their sights on a player like Landeskog they certainly have a shot at him.


1 Sean Couturier Centre
2 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Centre
3 Adam Larsson Defence
4 Gabriel Landeskog Right Wing
5 Brandon Saad Left Wing
6 Ryan Murphy Defence
7 Joel Armia Right Wing
8 Duncan Siemens Defence
9 Ryan Strome Centre
10 Victor Rask Centre


Most people would say that the Oilers top drafting priority should be a centre/dman and I think that's true as well... but if the Oilers drafted 4th and Landeskog was sitting there he'd be pretty tempting (although Murphy is probably the player I'd choose if he was still available at that point).
I want Ladeskog at 4 possibly 3 right now. I mean we could get a way with him on the third/fourth line if we have to for a few years while thing in the top 6 straighten up. He at least has the skillset to play in the bottom 6.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:27 PM
  #78
Nordic*
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tellus
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 13,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Well the latest ISS rankings show Landeskog at #4 and the Oilers currently would be drafting right around 3rd/4th (depending on the lottery outcome) so I'd say if they have their sights on a player like Landeskog they certainly have a shot at him.


1 Sean Couturier Centre
2 Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Centre
3 Adam Larsson Defence
4 Gabriel Landeskog Right Wing
5 Brandon Saad Left Wing
6 Ryan Murphy Defence
7 Joel Armia Right Wing
8 Duncan Siemens Defence
9 Ryan Strome Centre
10 Victor Rask Centre

Why are people putting Couturier as #1? He hasn't stood out at all in any game I've ever seen him in. Granted, I've only seen him in this years WJC, but what's all the hype about?

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:46 PM
  #79
misfit
5-14-6-1
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...ever
Posts: 16,064
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Why are people putting Couturier as #1? He hasn't stood out at all in any game I've ever seen him in. Granted, I've only seen him in this years WJC, but what's all the hype about?
Well, he was playing in mostly a checking role, and the WJCs is generally a 19 year old's tournament. Seguin didn't even make the Canadian team last year and was in discussions for the 1st overall pick.

Guys like Larsson didn't do anything to raise his profile at the WJCs either, but he's still very much in the mix for the top pick as well (though the shine on him has started to wear off a little this year in general).

misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:50 PM
  #80
copperandblue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 10,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Guys like Larsson didn't do anything to raise his profile at the WJCs either, but he's still very much in the mix for the top pick as well (though the shine on him has started to wear off a little this year in general).
I didn't see the game but going off of second hand comments I was under the impression that Larsson did very well for himself yesterday and had the type of game that could positively impact his stock going into the draft?

copperandblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 06:33 PM
  #81
Uindicator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperandblue View Post
I didn't see the game but going off of second hand comments I was under the impression that Larsson did very well for himself yesterday and had the type of game that could positively impact his stock going into the draft?
Larsson was really good out there yesterday, reminded me of Pronger the way he can quaterback the plays . Wouldn't mind anyone from the top 4, Sweden would be in the final if Landeskog wasn't injured imo. Couturier reminds me of Jordan Staal, but i'd go with RNH, this kid too me has the most potential, haven't seen much of him, only some vids but i hear the Sakic comparison.

Uindicator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 09:09 AM
  #82
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 27,450
vCash: 2700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Why are people putting Couturier as #1? He hasn't stood out at all in any game I've ever seen him in. Granted, I've only seen him in this years WJC, but what's all the hype about?
These were the rankings before going into the WJC, so the WJC has nothing to do with these rankings. Like other's mentioned this is a 19 year old tournament. Heck #3 didn't even make Team Canada, so it just goes to show what the 17 year olds are up against.

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.