HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I have some interesting news.....

Closed Thread

Old
10-07-2003, 06:47 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
I have some interesting news.....

Well guys, I may have finally caught a break in this sports writing industry.....Last week, someone e-mailed me from the New York Sun and inquired if I knew anyone who would be interested in writing hockey columns for their paper. I mentioned I was interested, and there is a chance I might be writing hockey columns for the Devils for the New York Sun. I'm not sure how everything is going to work out, but it is a huge opportunity for me.

If this does work out, I will slowly be phasing myself out as the Devils editor here on HF. But I just thought I'd let all you guys know that. All of your positive feedback on my articles is part of the reason I got this opportunity. And I thank you guys for that. If it doesn't work out, I know I'll still have HF to come back to.

Oh, and if you guys didn't notice, there is a new writer on staff. Her name is Greta and she'll be providing reports on the River Rats this year. Check out her season preview article if you haven't yet all ready.....

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Old
10-07-2003, 06:48 PM
NJDevils#4
Since 2002, bishes

Wow. I am going to college for journalism and I can imagine how you feel right now. Awesome. Good luck man. Hey if you ever make it big, don't forget about the little people. I may need a job some day. Hope it works out for you. If not, we'll be happy you stay at HF.

Old
10-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Congrats Jared! That is super news to hear tonight. Hope you get it.

Old
10-07-2003, 07:08 PM
NJDevs430

Good luck!
I hope you get the job and it works out for you.
}:-)>

Old
10-07-2003, 07:43 PM
Niedermayer21

Jared, just a word of advice: Keep a hand in Hockey's Future even if you do write for The Sun. Maybe you can write for the new Hockey's Future magazine. There is no reason why you can't write for both and collect a couple of paychecks and add to your portfolio.

If you need any help, feel free to ask. I have plenty of experience. And let us know when you might be getting something published in The Sun, as I can pick it up at my friend's store.

Good luck and keep us posted, ok? Thanks!!!

BTW, can you give us some info on Greta? Can we ask her questions about the Rats as the season goes along? Does she have season tickets to the River Rats? Any info would be appreciated.
Also, any swimsuit photos of Greta would be welcomed.
It is about time Hockey's Future put out a swimsuit issue.
Only kidding! I don't want to offend anyone. It is such a PC world and everyone is so sensitive these days. I'll trade her my swimsuit photo for hers.

Take good care!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
10-07-2003, 07:50 PM
Blackjack

Congrats man. I hope eveything works out; you certainly have the talent.

Old
10-08-2003, 06:14 AM
Andre the Gionta

Congratulations Jared... keep us updated on the situation, I want to see some of your work in the paper.

Old
10-08-2003, 07:54 AM
ctynan44

Send a message via AIM to ctynan44 Send a message via Yahoo to ctynan44
Congrats Jared! Thats fantastic news!!!!!! Keep us updated!!!

Old
10-08-2003, 11:17 AM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Thanks for all the support guys. Much appreciated. I will keep you guys posted on how things are going. For the time being, I'm still going to stay on here at HF as the editor, until I know exactly how this other gig is going to pan out. I sent a season preview out to the editor of the Sun yesterday afternoon, but I'm not sure if and when it will be published, but when I find out, I will be the first to let you guys know......

Greta actually posts quite frequently here on the message board, and I'm sure she won't mind answering your questions. She is a regular at most River Rat home games, so she should be able to provide us with some insider information on the prospects. The more first hand information we can get here, the better. Also...in the near future, look for another article from another new writer.......

Old
10-08-2003, 04:58 PM
DevilFisch

Send a message via ICQ to DevilFisch Send a message via AIM to DevilFisch
Congratulations! Hopefully the Sun will use your article, print it post haste, and then ask "Please, Mr. Jared, can we have some more?"

OK, they may not ask exactly like that, but you know.

Closed Thread