HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

40th Obsequious Banter Thread: 40 Daze and 40 Knights

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2011, 04:58 AM
SolidSnakeUS

vCash: 500
Well it seems I'm getting my Blu-Ray burner back sometime during the day. I have no idea if I'm getting my memory back today, but I ****ing hope so. I don't want to put them in separately.

Old
01-05-2011, 06:03 AM
kicksave27

Unfortunately the older the male parent the more chance for autism and the older the female parent the more chance of downs syndrome. Then again, "autism" didn't really exist until recently and kids that were just slow back in the day, now have to be labeled something, ADD, etc. What if the kid is just legit stupid, see reality television.

My wife is a teacher, and kids have to go to a "testing center" because they get "stressed" in a normal testing setting or a myriad of other excuses. Where is the life skills learning in that? That's just BS, when I was in school by teacher would say shut up and do your test.

Old
01-05-2011, 06:52 AM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
And suddenly, I appreciate how sane and (mostly) rational my wife is compared to most. What a crapshoot dating must be these days.
Some women these days are out of their frigg'n minds... and it's not all their fault its things on TV like Lifetime/Soap Operas that feed outrageous amounts of non realistic drama which then get projected on everyone else for attention, and pieces of spoiled trash like Snookie/Hannah Montana who set examples for the growing generations

Old
01-05-2011, 08:42 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Yikes, the signs of a succubus/airhead are all there

-trap a man in a relationship by "accidentally" getting knocked up
-treat said man like **** because he cant go anywhere, and if he does, he still will end up paying you child support
-kind of person who doesnt just love watching drama, she loves starting it and being in the middle of drama
-makes major life changing decisions before the age of 23 likes it's no big thing (I say 23 applying to kiddies of today, not previous generations. In the college crowd, getting married after school is still common, but the opinion on marriage at those ages is very ... low)
One of those girls who is "in love" as soon as she meets someone.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:13 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by CavemanLawyer View Post
These threads shall be my normal ranting thread - *lurk mode - off* rant ahead -

So my ex is now going around spreading lies about me saying I broke up with her because I was a scum bag (bzzt) who treated her like **** (bzzzt) and I broke up with her because she wouldn't have sex with me until she was ready (BZzzTZTZTZTT *buzzer shattered*). You can read about it on facebook since some people here are friends with me there! haha.

Now heres the facts - 1) I did everything for her and really liked her. She told me she was a virgin (LOL) so I said its ok and we should take our time with sex and all that if thats that case just so ya know, shes ready and emotionally stable for everything and all that and doesn't ending up sitting in a corner crying afterwords covered in blood. Total opposite of what shes claiming.

but in the end, she was fooling around with other guys at parties. Oh shes gay, so having sex with girls also. Double kill. Head shot. </Quake announcer dude>

2) She then started to blow me off for things, events we planned to go to, just really ignoring me and such. Finally ended when she stood me up at my brothers wedding, even after I checked in 2 days before to make sure she was coming. So I then broke up with her (I then learned about the other things later).

Now even after all that I decided to just dissolve the relationship and be friends with her, shes a very cool person, so i was like I'll be friends and whatever. So yes we still talk about once a week or so about things, work, school, life etc. ****, she even apologized and we thought we should give it another shot, but then school and everyone's busy and we just threw that idea out the window.

How i found out these lies shes spreading is equally hilarious. She was talking to a friend of a friend of a friend of mine and some reason started saying all these lies and it just somehow worked its way back to me. So it wasn't like she was getting back at me, she had no idea this person knew me, I mean I barely even know the person at all. And it wasn't just this one person, she was telling EVERYONE these lies. Just name dropping me like crazy and bad mouthing me with insane ****ing lies non stop. Like I REALLY hurt her, when in fact it was the other way around...

So why are girls ****ing retarded? How should I throw this in her face? I REALLY want to post the text messages where she openly admitted to my friend she was sleeping with other people at parties and stuff. REALLY want to post the stuff where she was calling me names and making up lies on my facebook page about me sleeping with strippers (I wish...). I know I shouldn't do that, I'm too ****ing nice and ****... Ugh.

I'm still friends with her on facebook so I created a mean status attacking her but... Now HFposters have turned it into a hockey discussion. So in summary the thread goes 'Quit spreading lies, you child' to 'How about Leighton!?'. But I have a feeling that wont be enough, I need more vigilante justice... Steve McQueen and Charles Bronson style... Or maybe just sleep and wake up forgetting her like usual! Yeah that's the plan.

Anyway I'm FINALLY back on my PS3 after it was at my brothers for a year. Trying to 100% Sonic 4. Add me or some ****- ZyklonZX. I'm drunk, wooo. Man I gotta hit 1000 posts soon.

*lurk mode - on*
As a 23 year old, I have noticed the same exact ****. Girls who lie incessantly, cheat like crazy, then blame the guy and legitimately act like they did nothing wrong. It kinda concerns me. I think it has to do something with MTV and the media that young women are watching and reading. They are being fed these ridiculous stereotypes through the TV and then think acting like a total **** is ok. Guys nowadays to me seem incredibly lazy and weak as well. Stand your ground, no one is going to give you anything, you need to take it. Some of my friends are right, guys are turning into big *******. I've finally realized this and am working on improving myself.

An ex of mine was legitimately mad at me for cutting off all communication and deleting the facebook after we broke up and I found out about her cheating (we had the same circle of friends, big mistake!). Having the same circle of friends was tough, so I just ignored the gossip, made sure not to badmouth her and let the **** just disappear. Girls who love the drama WANT you to respond. Ignore the BS and just find a new gf. Trust me, when she sees you with some new tail, she will flip a **** (and likely ridicule you and your new gf incessantly to her friends, even though that's really immature).

I feel that if you want an open relationship, then set the terms. If you enter into a relationship that is not open and cheat, then that's breaking a level of trust that you just can never get back. No matter what you do or say. I am strongly of the opinion that actions speak louder then words, and cheating to me says, "**** you, I do what I want regardless of my promises and commitments."

Now, I have no issue with people in open relationships, but cheating is such a slap in the face, and I have too much respect for myself to put trust in an untrustworthy person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
In all honesty, I'd put the text on Facebook. If you have nothing to lose but to gain her anger (and you feeling better), then I'd say go for it, and have a laugh with it. Let everyone know she's a easy **** who probably by this point is like throwing a hot dog down a hallway or something. At this point, if you have no real big friends of yours that are still attached to her, I'd say just burn her. I know it's childish, but if it makes you feel better, I'd say do it. Or maybe make a "sand in your vagina" joke or something .
I wouldn't. She sounds like the type who loves bull****. I suggest just ignoring her and moving on like she never existed. Talk about a slap in the face to her.

Or as ****** says, "Lawyer up, delete facebook, hit the gym." (minus the lawyer up since you're not married)

Quote:
Originally Posted by six sigma View Post
And suddenly, I appreciate how sane and (mostly) rational my wife is compared to most. What a crapshoot dating must be these days.
I know some really cool and rational girls, but it seems the popular thing now is to be like the chicks on Jersey Shore. Bratty, tanning, snotty, catty, annoying and manipulative ... while wearing Uggs, Pink sweatpants and their Northface jackets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Sounds like a pretty legit reason to me.
I firmly believe a girl not putting out is a valid reason for a breakup, however I do NOT believe it is ok to use that as leverage for getting her to sleep with you when she is not ready. If she is not ready to sleep with you and you have needs, then she isn't ready for a relationship with you. End of story. However, if you use that as an excuse saying "if you dont do the deed I'm out" and pressure her into it, then you are just an ***hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
Unfortunately the older the male parent the more chance for autism and the older the female parent the more chance of downs syndrome. Then again, "autism" didn't really exist until recently and kids that were just slow back in the day, now have to be labeled something, ADD, etc. What if the kid is just legit stupid, see reality television.

My wife is a teacher, and kids have to go to a "testing center" because they get "stressed" in a normal testing setting or a myriad of other excuses. Where is the life skills learning in that? That's just BS, when I was in school by teacher would say shut up and do your test.
Pops was 50 and I'm not autistic. I think.

Don't even get me started on this "everyone is special, everyone is a winner, let's baby our children into being adults who can't handle LIVING their lives"

If you baby your child too much, they turn into adults who can't do **** for themselves. It's basically child abuse. You need to teach kids their rights, teach them what is expected of them, and help them learn how to deal with the pressure of the real world. THAT is good parenting.

Giving every kid in little league a trophy, or sending kids to a less stressful testing center for tests doesnt teach the kid important life lessons and could be a factor in how well that adult is able (or not able) to cope with stress later in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
Some women these days are out of their frigg'n minds... and it's not all their fault its things on TV like Lifetime/Soap Operas that feed outrageous amounts of non realistic drama which then get projected on everyone else for attention, and pieces of spoiled trash like Snookie/Hannah Montana who set examples for the growing generations
I agree that women are being fed the worst possible stereotypes, but everyone buys into it now and it's mainstream. Finding a rational and reasonable girl is going to be tough for my generation. That's why I saving dating until I'm a bit older, the younger crowd have no clue how the real world works and they tend to act like spoiled princesses.

It's not just girls who act like this though, I see a lot of guys who act like huge *******s because they think it makes them look confident. To each their own I guess.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:16 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
One of those girls who is "in love" as soon as she meets someone.
Ugh. I hate those types of people. I am seeing that more with guys then girls. Guys willing to settle for being treated like **** just to keep their girl around, while she is cheating on him while he is playing Call of Duty. It's BS but it's kinda funny. Complete opposite of how things were years ago.

If the girl is crazy, let her go get her reality check elsewhere and avoid the BS.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:47 AM
agrudez*

I completely agree with Irish about everything he just said.

Except the part where he claims he doesn't have autism. You really think we are that stupid, don't you?

Old
01-05-2011, 09:53 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I completely agree with Irish about everything he just said.

Except the part where he claims he doesn't have autism. You really think we are that stupid, don't you?

Old
01-05-2011, 10:06 AM
Hollywood Couturier

It's times like these i'm happy that I have a legit stable relationship. We grew up together she got in a really bad car accident and it somehow changed me haha. Some people give me crap because i'm only 18 (soon to be 19) and the way we handle our relationship is basically that of a engaged couple. Which we've thought about that but ehh.

I see the crap that the kids my age do and it's pretty terrible. I sit in class and all I see guys doing is checking out girls on facebook. With the + Friend Request still there so that's even worse creeping on someone you don't even know.

Some girls just look for the attention and live off of it. They always want to be the center of attention and that **** should end at High School but with our generation now I don't think that's going to just end. Our generation as a whole is a dramatized piece of ****.

Oh and the **** about giving every kid a trophy is ********. When I was younger and got trophy's when I wasn't the best or in first place i just threw them out.

Sure we have all the great advances and technology and what not but i'd much rather be living during the time my parents grew up. People actually had spines back then.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-05-2011, 10:36 AM
kicksave27

I got the best marriage advice from my dad, who married young and had two kids by 25. He said don't be in a hurry to find a wife and get married, stay single as long as you possibly can, do all the things you want to do. Which was great advice, I got a sports car, traveled alot, went fishing and hunting in various places in the country. I waited until this year at 31 to settle down. And I get to go back to some of the places I've been and share it with my wife. A honeymoon to hawaii was a lot easier to plan when you've already been there.

Old
01-05-2011, 10:37 AM
agrudez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
It's times like these i'm happy that I have a legit stable relationship. We grew up together she got in a really bad car accident and it somehow changed me haha. Some people give me crap because i'm only 18 (soon to be 19) and the way we handle our relationship is basically that of a engaged couple. Which we've thought about that but ehh.
That is really great for you. I had the same kind of relationship with my ex of almost 4 years, and we actually were engaged... until I found out that she had been cheating on me for 3 months behind my back.

I hope it works out for you, but be a bit more perceptive of her comings and goings once some of her friends (or her)start hitting 21. That is the magical time when they all shift into being selfish ****** with no respect for anyone whom they care about.

My current girlfriend (23) actually said she went through a similar "party girl" phase when she was 21. It is almost inevitable that every attractive girl go through this phase.

Quote:
I see the crap that the kids my age do and it's pretty terrible. I sit in class and all I see guys doing is checking out girls on facebook. With the + Friend Request still there so that's even worse creeping on someone you don't even know.
I will never forget, one day I was in the gym and was listening to a couple meatheads that were waiting for me to get off the squat rack. The one asked the other what he was doing tonight and the other replied that he was going to hit and facebook and see what some girls were doing and then go there and try to get with them.

Quote:
Some girls just look for the attention and live off of it. They always want to be the center of attention and that **** should end at High School but with our generation now I don't think that's going to just end. Our generation as a whole is a dramatized piece of ****.
Completely agree. **** MTV for ruining my generation.

Quote:
Oh and the **** about giving every kid a trophy is ********. When I was younger and got trophy's when I wasn't the best or in first place i just threw them out.
I competed in some pretty competitive soccer tournaments when I was a kid (my U-13 team came in 2nd in the highest division in South Jersey). Coming in 3rd and getting a trophy isn't always so bad, haha.

Quote:
Sure we have all the great advances and technology and what not but i'd much rather be living during the time my parents grew up. People actually had spines back then.
I sometimes agree with that because it would have been so cool to actually be able to play pickup baseball when I was a kid (only ever had 6 kids in my neighborhood not playing video games 24/7 - so we were stuck with bastardized street football and basketball).

The internet sure is amazing, though. Idk what I would do without it at this point.

Old
01-05-2011, 10:38 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:

I felt that way when I was your age and in a relationship.

Then college happened and we broke up.

EDIT: IN MY OWN EXPERIENCES, in college, every single high school relationship in my dorm broke up during the course of the first semester except three, and they ended during second semester.

I dont get relationships where people are 16-22. Most are just practice for real life, yet some people take them so seriously. If you invest too much too early, you are setting yourself up for failure (and I repeat, this is based on what I have seen and heard, nothing else). It's hard to give it your all in a relationship when you are not fully mature, have no financial stability, and haven't actually lived life at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksave27 View Post
I got the best marriage advice from my dad, who married young and had two kids by 25. He said don't be in a hurry to find a wife and get married, stay single as long as you possibly can, do all the things you want to do. Which was great advice, I got a sports car, traveled alot, went fishing and hunting in various places in the country. I waited until this year at 31 to settle down. And I get to go back to some of the places I've been and share it with my wife. A honeymoon to hawaii was a lot easier to plan when you've already been there.
My dad gave me the same advice, and he got married at 45.

In fact, everyone I talk to at work warns me almost weekly never to get married. Ever. haha And this includes women and men telling me this at work, not just guys.

Last edited by IrishSniper87: 01-05-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old
01-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
That is really great for you. I had the same kind of relationship with my ex of almost 4 years, and we actually were engaged... until I found out that she had been cheating on me for 3 months behind my back.

I hope it works out for you, but be a bit more perceptive of her comings and goings once some of her friends (or her)start hitting 21. That is the magical time when they all shift into being selfish ****** with no respect for anyone whom they care about.

My current girlfriend (23) actually said she went through a similar "party girl" phase when she was 21. It is almost inevitable that every attractive girl go through this phase.
Yeah I understand that. I mean obviously some will think i'm foolish and naive but she hasn't shown any signs of that really. I know high school is different then college but she always stood by me. Never really did anything with alcohol and what not besides when I was with her. She's different then any other attractive girl haha.

Quote:
I will never forget, one day I was in the gym and was listening to a couple meatheads that were waiting for me to get off the squat rack. The one asked the other what he was doing tonight and the other replied that he was going to hit and facebook and see what some girls were doing and then go there and try to get with them.
That's pretty damn funny. I was sitting in the back of the class yesterday and could see pretty much every ones computer. Just in the four rows in front of me I noticed 7 guys checking out girls facebooks that had the add friend. Obviously at one point or another if you're actually going to become friends you have to be at that stage but still.

Quote:
I competed in some pretty competitive soccer tournaments when I was a kid (my U-13 team came in 2nd in the highest division in South Jersey). Coming in 3rd and getting a trophy isn't always so bad, haha.
Understandable. I meant basically trophies that you get just for playing.

Quote:
I sometimes agree with that because it would have been so cool to actually be able to play pickup baseball when I was a kid (only ever had 6 kids in my neighborhood not playing video games 24/7 - so we were stuck with bastardized street football and basketball).

The internet sure is amazing, though. Idk what I would do without it at this point.
Yeah the internet is a great thing but i'd love to just go out and play pickup sports as you said. That was non-existant to me growing up. All kids wanted to do was play video games. As much as I love sports none of my friends really do besides my girlfriend and my best friend. They've grown away from the video games as we've gotten older but now that I think about it they really aren't interested in anything. Hmm...

Old
01-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Caveman Lawyer -- this may be the old lady in me, but I say delete her, forget her and move on. Don't feed the drama. That's all it is and as much as you want to get back at her, it's just going to end up draining you in the long run. Life is way too short to perpetuate drama.

Hollywood - I had no clue you were 18. Man, some of you guys are young.. hahaa. It sounds like you have a good outlook with your g/f.. but SO MANY things change between 18-22, and not because people turn into ****** or *******s or anything. I don't think you're planning on doing this, but hold off on marriage for a while. I never understood why people were in such a hurry to make things "official" when it's so much harder to deal with if it doesn't work out.

For me, personally, I am very happy with how things turned out for me. I had a great time in college (not whoring around, but having fun for sure), had even MORE fun after college (it's nice having a job/money), and got to enjoy things while I was still young.

Dana's 1 now, I just turned 37 and hubby is 47. I no longer have any interest to party like I did and I'm thoroughly content to hang with her on a Friday night and go to bed at 9. haha

Old
01-05-2011, 11:15 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Caveman Lawyer -- this may be the old lady in me, but I say delete her, forget her and move on. Don't feed the drama. That's all it is and as much as you want to get back at her, it's just going to end up draining you in the long run. Life is way too short to perpetuate drama.

Hollywood - I had no clue you were 18. Man, some of you guys are young.. hahaa. It sounds like you have a good outlook with your g/f.. but SO MANY things change between 18-22, and not because people turn into ****** or *******s or anything. I don't think you're planning on doing this, but hold off on marriage for a while. I never understood why people were in such a hurry to make things "official" when it's so much harder to deal with if it doesn't work out.

For me, personally, I am very happy with how things turned out for me. I had a great time in college (not whoring around, but having fun for sure), had even MORE fun after college (it's nice having a job/money), and got to enjoy things while I was still young.

Dana's 1 now, I just turned 37 and hubby is 47. I no longer have any interest to party like I did and I'm thoroughly content to hang with her on a Friday night and go to bed at 9. haha
Exactly. These 23 somethings with kids who have to go to bed early on friday night are the same group that are more likely to start partying again in their 30's or something when it's just kinda .... awkward.

Enjoy life, enjoy your freedom, establish your career, then settle down. That's my plan.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:17 AM
chaosof99*

Well, this is a good story coming out of the NBA for once: Cleveland Cavaliers hire homeless guy with perfect radio voice.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:25 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
Well, this is a good story coming out of the NBA for once: Cleveland Cavaliers hire homeless guy with perfect radio voice.
Sadly, they are looking for any and all good press they can get at this point.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
McNasty

I've always felt you need to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with someone else, and I think so much of the problem is that people try to use their relationship as a way to make themselves happy. Everyone is different, and no piece of advice could possibly cover every situation but so far it's worked for me.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:12 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
I've always felt you need to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with someone else, and I think so much of the problem is that people try to use their relationship as a way to make themselves happy. Everyone is different, and no piece of advice could possibly cover every situation but so far it's worked for me.
Good luck explaining that to the girls I knew in High School.

On a brighter note, though, 2 of the girls I was really close with are getting married, so I guess they figured things out.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:13 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Good luck explaining that to the girls I knew in High School.

On a brighter note, though, 2 of the girls I was really close with are getting married, so I guess they figured things out.
I've given up trying to explain anything to anyone in high school.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
I've given up trying to explain anything to anyone in high school.
It's basically impossible.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
I saw that article on that guy. That's cool of the Cavs to do...regardless of their motives. Hope it works out for the guy.

Quote:
This was pretty much the single most important piece of advice my Dad gave me, and it's dead on right.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:31 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Mind you that was back in high school.....6 years ago now.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Mind you that was back in high school.....6 years ago now.
Six years ago they were probably normal compared to now at least.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:

I was in a relationship for 5 years in high school and college, and as a warning: college changes people. In my case, the VT shooting added onto those changes and she went weird all of a sudden...from stable person with a life plan to immature weirdo with a strange obsession with a guy from Ghana who treated her like ****. She broke up with me to pursue him unsuccessfully.

Moral: no matter how certain and good things seem, don't be too complacent! You never know how people will end up developing, it can be very unpredictable. Enjoy what you've got now, but be ready if something unexpected happens.

In my experience, going into college, it's best to not start dating a girl until you're both in the second semester of her junior year. By that point, generally, you'll both know what you're going to get. This isn't a rule though, last year I got to see two friends who had dated for 7 years through high school and different colleges get married. SO, heads up, I guess, and good luck!

PS: yes our generation is awful. Just look at the music it listens to and the TV it watches/glorifies. ugh.

Closed Thread