HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gauthier at the Trade Deadline

Old
01-05-2011, 11:00 AM
LastChancePrice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
How is moving AK a lateral move? Who are you going to find to replace 20-24 goals for less than $4m?
Willams and Freichmann are UFA next season and can be both sign for around 4 millions a season next summer.

Its these two i want! And just hoping we can get a second rounder for AK.

LastChancePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:06 AM
neofury*

Want Iginla, will be settling for Langenbrunner most likely.

Either way I'm confident we'll land a good player and if we don't next year we'll make a HUGE SPLASH anyways.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
Can we have Langenbrunner, please??
A Habs team with ex Sens management and ex Devils players How about Brodeur as a true backup for Price ?

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Galchenyuk27
C'est le buuuuuuuuut

Send a message via AIM to Galchenyuk27
It still hasn't dawned on me why anyone would want Jamie Lagenbrunner. I would freak out if we got him. He sucks and he's overpaid.

Galchenyuk27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Tusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Fan in NJ View Post
It still hasn't dawned on me why anyone would want Jamie Lagenbrunner. I would freak out if we got him. He sucks and he's overpaid.
In most situations, an experienced rental vet is usually a decent move, in most situations. True langenbrunner isn't exactly the same as he used to be but I think even in a bottom 6 role his attitude and winning past would make him a great fit with the Habs. He's not my dream pick up but at a decent cost I wouldnt be sad to get him.

Tusk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
I think he's stuck on a very poor Devils team at the moment. Is anybody having a good year in Jersey??..Zajac bad, Kovalchuk bad, Elias rather average to say the least, Zubrus bad, Langenbrunner bad, Brodeur bad, Rolston horrible, Arnott bad, even Parise before getting injured was struggling...

I don't think this represents the talent each of these individuals may have. I believe a guy like Langenbrunner would be having a better year, on a better team.
That being said, I don't want him. He is 35 and I wouldn't want to move Kostitsyn for someone that isn't at least producing as much as he is. So, no to Jamie.

I would really put all, ALL, my efforts on bringing Iginla here. I think he would rejuvenate himself in another city. If we could somehow manage to grab him while not giving up any roster player other than A.Ko, re-sign Markov and sign another top D off the free agency, I believe we'd be a strong contender in the East for the following seasons.

Cammy-Plek-Iginla would just be a lethal line. With the Gomez line producing as well as they have been with MaxPac there, our team would go from having two 2nd lines to two 1st lines.

I know I'm dreaming, but if Gauthier could pull off bringing Iginla and then Clarkson from NJ, my wishes would become true.

If not, then I'd focus on Umberger.

Last edited by Kriss E: 01-05-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:17 PM
BLONG7

I don't think PG waits until deadline day......what if he trades our first round pick for 2011? Would you guys be OK with that? Or, no at all costs...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I don't think PG waits until deadline day......what if he trades our first round pick for 2011? Would you guys be OK with that? Or, no at all costs...
Depending on the return, it could be in play, but I'd rather see some existing Habs prospects be used as bait. I see this year's 1st round as fairly deep. Not as spectacular as recent drafts at the very top, but a mid round pick could get us (for example) McNeill or Huberdeau. Another possible reason for keeping the 1st pick is the Habs' lack of a 2nd round pick.

We have a lot of players to make decisions on before next season. Maxwell, Desharnais and White will all be waiver eligible. I'm not sure the big team will have room for any of them. Not to mention Pacioretty and Weber, who I assume are already in the team's plans. If a rebuilding team falls in love with any of those first three forward prospects, that would be an ideal situation for a trade, IMO.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:51 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
A Habs team with ex Sens management and ex Devils players How about Brodeur as a true backup for Price ?
I'd be fine with that.

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 02:13 PM
The Right Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Depends on the pick. I think Maxwell would be enough or darn close. I think he is reary for the NHL or darn close and has a good cap hit.
I was thinking about a 3rd or 4th rounder

The Right Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgivemePrice View Post
Willams and Freichmann are UFA next season and can be both sign for around 4 millions a season next summer.

Its these two i want! And just hoping we can get a second rounder for AK.
Why replace AK with Fleischmann? AK is much more physical and plays bigger...would be a step in the wrong direction. Willimas is too injury prone to commit 4 mil on.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Right Price View Post
I was thinking about a 3rd or 4th rounder
That would be overpayment...Langenbrunner is worth less(3rd?) than Wisniewski in my opinion. Though we are deep at center it would be poor asset management to throw away Maxwell.

Old
01-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Depending on the return, it could be in play, but I'd rather see some existing Habs prospects be used as bait. I see this year's 1st round as fairly deep. Not as spectacular as recent drafts at the very top, but a mid round pick could get us (for example) McNeill or Huberdeau. Another possible reason for keeping the 1st pick is the Habs' lack of a 2nd round pick.

We have a lot of players to make decisions on before next season. Maxwell, Desharnais and White will all be waiver eligible. I'm not sure the big team will have room for any of them. Not to mention Pacioretty and Weber, who I assume are already in the team's plans. If a rebuilding team falls in love with any of those first three forward prospects, that would be an ideal situation for a trade, IMO.
I could see Desharnais or Maxwell traded in the right deal because we have pretty good center depth and both will have to clear weaivers next year. White I think he's a safe bet to be among the top 13 forwards in 2011-2012 as he fills a need, same for Pacioretty and Weber. I could see Maxwell in Halpern's role moreso than Desharnais...bigger and better skater for PK and defensive assignments.

Old
01-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Sucks and cap hit is too big...worst save% in the NHL.

Old
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
blarneylad

Quote:
Sucks and cap hit is too big...worst save% in the NHL.
You wouldn't take a future hall of famer goalie who had won more cups in the last decade than the habs have...to backup Price and mentor him?

I mean, I don't see the need to make that move, since it would cost alot to land Brodeur, but just saying no to the option flat out is kind of poorly thought out.

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Darth Joker

I'd be fine with Maxwell or Desharnais for Langs.

I hope that we stop giving away draft picks though. That can add up over time. The only exception would be for a true impact player, and while Langs would help our forward depth, he's pass the point where he would be a real impact player for us.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:20 PM
macavoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post
You wouldn't take a future hall of famer goalie who had won more cups in the last decade than the habs have...to backup Price and mentor him?

I mean, I don't see the need to make that move, since it would cost alot to land Brodeur, but just saying no to the option flat out is kind of poorly thought out.
Thinking that the best or 2nd best goalie of the last 30 years is going to come here, back up Price and make the team chemistry better is poorly thought out.

It would never ever work.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:23 PM
phoque taupe

Brodeur is a winner & a gamer.
He would not settle for a backup job.

I just cant imagine rds talkbacks brodeur vs price

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Rutabaga

Quote:
Because the options realistically available, fitting our needs, without paying too much are not that common.

And even if the Devils are going through a terrible year, he's not that bad, on pace for 40 points over a full season (good enough for 5th among our forwards last year...), he could play in several roles, and he's not overpaid, 2.8M$, for 40 points and a reliable vet, thats fair.

And no one is talking about moving Kostitsyn for Langenbrunner. A 3rd + B prospect could be enough.

Sure, there is more solutions out there, but then, the cost will be much higher and for that year, i dont feel its worth it.

Fleischmann is a good player, but it will cost much more, and if we need to change our TOP-6, we need more physicality.
Same problem for Williams, and if we are using a question mark regarding potential injuries, i would rather use Markov instead.

I dont see Umberger being moved...
For Iginla...thats a tough decision. He will be 34 in July, thats not that young, especially giving his style. And then, what should we give up ? Pouliot, Weber, a 1st, fine, but Eller and Subban should not move...and thats unlikely to be enough.

Rutabaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarneylad View Post

If I was the Habs I wouldn't touch Brodeur with a 10 foot pole...

1-costs too much(players)
2-makes too much(cap hit)
3-he's playing like crap
4-it would eventually lead to controversy

Old
01-05-2011, 05:05 PM
blarneylad

Quote:
If I was the Habs I wouldn't touch Brodeur with a 10 foot pole...

1-costs too much(players)
2-makes too much(cap hit)
3-he's playing like crap
4-it would eventually lead to controversy
I like this explanation much better. Number 3 and 4 are the biggest issues involved with Brodeur.

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 05:40 PM
CanadienErrant*

Habs need one top-two line winger, maybe even two because I don't think A.K. can produce much more, and MaxPac is still a raw rookie.

We can all dream about Iginla, but...

Wolski, Boyle, Setoguchi, Lupul, Langenbrunner, are the ones most susceptible to be moved.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 06:18 PM
Richiebottles
Big Mike !

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Habs need one top-two line winger, maybe even two because I don't think A.K. can produce much more, and MaxPac is still a raw rookie.

Wolski, Boyle, Setoguchi, Lupul, Langenbrunner, are the ones most susceptible to be moved.
I would really REALLY like Setoguchi. What would it take ?

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 06:37 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I would really REALLY like Setoguchi. What would it take ?
Setoguchi had a bad rep in the Dub for being a selfish player... don't think you really want him, his 7 goals, 60 hits and his -7 ahead of Kostitsyn who has 10 goals, 72 hits and a +9

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 06:38 PM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post

And every one of these would probably be a step down from AK..

HCH is offline   Reply With Quote