HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 4.0

Old
12-18-2010, 10:48 AM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Hi folks ... I come in peace. I didn't see a more appropriate thread for this question.

Do the Habs sell standing room tickets? I'm buying my wife tickets for a game at the Bell Centre, but the tickets in the price range I was looking at in stubhub don't have seat numbers (just Section 328, Row CC), and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to end up getting standing room seats [happened to me for a football game once]).

Thanks!

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 11:44 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Hi folks ... I come in peace. I didn't see a more appropriate thread for this question.

Do the Habs sell standing room tickets? I'm buying my wife tickets for a game at the Bell Centre, but the tickets in the price range I was looking at in stubhub don't have seat numbers (just Section 328, Row CC), and I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to end up getting standing room seats [happened to me for a football game once]).

Thanks!
we greet u in peace

there isn't any standing room at the bell centre so no worries

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2010, 11:45 AM
MountainHawk

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
we greet u in peace

there isn't any standing room at the bell centre so no worries
Perfect, thanks.

MountainHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2010, 01:43 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

just added 2 places to go to:

L'assommoir in the Old Port

La bottega in Little Italy. One of the best pizza's in MTL

went recently and loved the food!!!!!

Last edited by didouche: 01-02-2011 at 07:18 AM.
didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 03:00 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

Roadtripping up to Montreal

*Bruins fan here coming in peace (I hate the Leafs far more anyway)!*

A few friends and I are roadtripping up to Montreal next weekend from here in Massachusetts, and were wondering where some of the hotspots around the city are.

I'm sure we'll be looking for scalpers for the B's game up there, but if we aren't so lucky, where are some good sports bars that we can see the game?

Any restaurants, bars, tourist attractions of interest that we should check out? We're all 19 and 20 years old so we'll certainly be happy to legally drink up there.

Thanks fellas!

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 03:23 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Station des sports. Or Cage aux sports. If montréal scores 5, or more goals you get free wings (5, or 8 I don't remember)

Hot spots as popular places, or good clubs, or both ?

If popular places, then old port (Vieux port) is pretty neat place. Musee des Beaux Arts if you're into that. Centennial plaza (near, or right beside the bell centre) could be interesting. I've never been there.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=821943 (your thread might be moved here)

This might help. Popular clubs, 1234, 737 (something like that) Opera. Crescent street is good for clubs and strip clubs.

Cage aux sports (one is inside the bell centre, I believe there's another on the other side of Rene Levesque.)

Station des sports is on the corner of rue du fort and Ste Catherine. If you're staying at hotel du fort, then it's about 15 seconds away.

Musee des beaux arts is on Sherbroke street. iirc near Sherbroke and Crescent.

There's a bunch of souvenirs shops on Ste Catherine st. La Belle Province has poutine. Most people don't like it, but I find that it's fine. Though, the place to go is La Banquise.

There's also a danse contact strip club above a money exchange spot. Not sketchy at all...

If you plan on going to a strip club, like a decent one, you need to bring clothing that.s a step up from street attire. Trust me, I wasn't allowed into one once because I had running shoes on.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 03:23 PM
BLONG7

Check the sticky up top, what to do in Montreal....awesome details of anything, and everything!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 04:21 PM
Jedrik

Pretty sure Peel Pub actually views itself as a Bruins pub. The radio ads used to say something to that effect.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 04:25 PM
HabsInsideOut

Station des Sports is the best bar in sports bar in Montreal IMO. Obviously a lot of Habs fans there though so prepare for some ribbing if you go

HabsInsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
You might enjoy the 281.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2011, 10:08 PM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Studying abroad here next semester so I'm grateful for this thread! Gonna be going to the Old Port

Cheers and thanks again!

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2011, 03:21 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

Oops. Didn't see the sticky up there - this is the first time I've ventured over to your side of the boards.

I really appreciate the input here from all of you! That stickied thread is also pretty great, also. Thanks so much!

If you see a 19-year-old-looking Bruins fan with a Seguin t-shirt in a bar for the Bruins/Canadiens game on the 8th in Montreal, you've probably found me!

Old
01-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Ketzlaf

I agree, you should check out the 281. It is a great place to watch manly sports and it isn't a total saussage fest like most sports bars. You should check it out.

''Chez Mado'' is another great option. Beer is cheap, lots of good looking ladies. Seriously, avoid places like Sports Station or Cage aux Sports. 281 and Chez Mado are the bomb. Thank me later.

Ketzlaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 01:54 PM
Bieber fever

Bar Le Stud is awesome ! Big Tv, cheap beer and lot af ambiance

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 01:54 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketzlaf View Post
I agree, you should check out the 281. It is a great place to watch manly sports and it isn't a total saussage fest like most sports bars. You should check it out.

''Chez Mado'' is another great option. Beer is cheap, lots of good looking ladies. Seriously, avoid places like Sports Station or Cage aux Sports. 281 and Chez Mado are the bomb. Thank me later.
Make sure to catch Jimmy...

She's beautiful...

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 02:08 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Coming up in February for a couple games, was just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for hotels fairly close to the Bell Center.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 02:23 PM
LaurentHabs
Galchenyuk2Collberg

Quote:

Yep everything a man wants for sports in there.

A friendly place but not "crazy" I'd say is la Cage au Sport. Its pretty standard. But its a nice place to watch a game in a bar with no "crazy" people. I'm only 16 so i cant really comment on bars ;P

EDIT: @Dannyhabsfan you made my day

LaurentHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 03:12 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Coming up in February for a couple games, was just wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for hotels fairly close to the Bell Center.
Lots of them...Novotel is a good one to stay at...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:31 AM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

Quote:

I see we got a funny-guy in the house here - I know what 281 is.

What's the deal with the Peel Pub? I hear it's always pretty packed but I'm also hearing it's pretty crappy?

Old
01-05-2011, 12:38 PM
phoque taupe

it is pretty crappy.
+ the urban legend that they recycle used beer.

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDegs13 View Post
I see we got a funny-guy in the house here - I know what 281 is.

What's the deal with the Peel Pub? I hear it's always pretty packed but I'm also hearing it's pretty crappy?
Peel Pub is OKAY if you just want to drink cheap beer and watch hockey. If you rather get some decent food to go along with it, go elsewhere.

Sports Station is an okay place... basically, there aren't really any GOOD sports bars in Montreal. Or at least I've never been to one. A lot of okay ones, and even more crappier ones.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:56 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Peel Pub is OKAY if you just want to drink cheap beer and watch hockey. If you rather get some decent food to go along with it, go elsewhere.

Sports Station is an okay place... basically, there aren't really any GOOD sports bars in Montreal. Or at least I've never been to one. A lot of okay ones, and even more crappier ones.
You sound like a spoiled little kid lol. Sport's bars don't get much better than cheap beer, loud sirens, greasy food and gigantic tvs... Station des Sports, Pjs, Le Cage all have this.

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
You sound like a spoiled little kid lol. Sport's bars don't get much better than cheap beer, loud sirens, greasy food and gigantic tvs... Station des Sports, Pjs, Le Cage all have this.
Heh, I realize I came off kind of spoiled, you're right.

Basically, what I meant is the places with the good beer (like Champs for example, has a decent selection) will generally cost a lot more than I'd like to spend for a night out watching the game at a bar. If you go to Station des Sports or whatever,the beer will suck, but the price is right and it's fun enough.

Can't have your cake and eat it beer and drink it, too!

Brutopia is a fun place to watch a game with a couple of friends. Not a great atmosphere, but if you can sit on the couch downstairs, it's comfy and has some good beers!

Old
01-05-2011, 01:14 PM
xposbrad

check out Imperial Room on crescent, perfect for your age group..good club , they've had a bunch of Jersey shore people there the past couple of weeks ..lol (vinny/situation).

xposbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Odelein24

Crescent, St. Denis and St. Laurent are imo your best streets for bars/pubs/clubs.

Scalpers can be found in a ring around the Bell Centre. You'll hear their song... "Tickets! Tickets!"

2 of my fav places to watch a game:

Sports Station: cheap, great ambiance, packed to the brim on game nights (Corner Fort & St. Catherine)

McLean's Pub: slightly pricier but good food, decent beer price, great ambiance, pool tables upstairs for after the game (Peel below St. Catherine)

If you want the complete Montreal experience then maybe go to PJs on St. Jacques. Watch the game and get trashed for cheap. Then walk across the parking lot to Les Amazones, no dress code and 5$ entry only!

Have fun!

Last edited by Odelein24: 01-05-2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added another location
Odelein24 is offline   Reply With Quote