HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

**Official** NHL 11 EASHL Teams Thread Part V: The Frank Is Awesome Edition

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
X box? Boo.
I asked about 6 months ago in one of these threads, what system I should get. The majority said X box, so I went with that.

So I'll ask again, what system do you guys/girls think I should get?

Old
01-05-2011, 10:31 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I asked about 6 months ago in one of these threads, what system I should get. The majority said X box, so I went with that.

Xbox is a fine system in all honesty, it's just a little more than half the people that post in these threads, including me, have ps3.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:

X-Box is good, but I prefer the PS3. I enjoy playing online for free, and although you'd think that since X-Box isn't you'd run into less glitchers and bull, from what I've read it's about equal.

But I guess there isn't really a point in asking now, since you already got yourself that X-Box. Good luck with practicing and look forward to hearing your progress once NHL 12 comes out.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Xbox is a fine system in all honesty, it's just a little more than half the people that post in these threads, including me, have ps3.
Oh you suck, you couldn't have told me that a few weeks ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
X-Box is good, but I prefer the PS3. I enjoy playing online for free, and although you'd think that since X-Box isn't you'd run into less glitchers and bull, from what I've read it's about equal.

But I guess there isn't really a point in asking now, since you already got yourself that X-Box. Good luck with practicing and look forward to hearing your progress once NHL 12 comes out.
I can always go out and buy a PS3. I'm not really a gamer, so I had no idea what to buy. Previously I've only played games on my computer. But since they no longer make NHL games for the PC, I thought it was time to buy a system.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
I can always go out and buy a PS3. I'm not really a gamer, so I had no idea what to buy. Previously I've only played games on my computer. But since they no longer make NHL games for the PC, I thought it was time to buy a system.
Oh yeah, that's right. I briefly forgot about your profession, Mr. Bawz.

Well if you want laughs and some good times, then get that PS3 and pick up a mic as well. Whenever we play, especially with microphones, we always seem to have a blast. From trolling the opposing team in the waiting room, to countless memes between us as we play, there is never a dull moment. Besides, watching LL dangle around an entire team is fun to watch. That, and seeing chemistry between quite a lot of our guys is something too.

My favourite, is when Tahqa isn't getting his way (passes missing players, icing, random delay of game penalties) and he begins to become sarcastic. Always has me laughing.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:19 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Can I play online with the xbox or do I need to get xbox live to play online?

Old
01-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's right. I briefly forgot about your profession, Mr. Bawz.

Well if you want laughs and some good times, then get that PS3 and pick up a mic as well. Whenever we play, especially with microphones, we always seem to have a blast. From trolling the opposing team in the waiting room, to countless memes between us as we play, there is never a dull moment. Besides, watching LL dangle around an entire team is fun to watch. That, and seeing chemistry between quite a lot of our guys is something too.

My favourite, is when Tahqa isn't getting his way (passes missing players, icing, random delay of game penalties) and he begins to become sarcastic. Always has me laughing.
Ha, I'm married, so I'm not quite as rich as you think. I'll have to ask the wife's permission first.

That sounds interesting, I just pictured being in a room all by myself, cursing through the mic at every play I screw up. My wife already thinks I"m nuts, since I'll watch a game and yell and scream at the TV as if the players/coaches/refs can actually hear every word I say.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:39 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Can I play online with the xbox or do I need to get xbox live to play online?
I think you need xbox live. I'm not 100% sure though.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:41 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Ha, I'm married, so I'm not quite as rich as you think. I'll have to ask the wife's permission first.

That sounds interesting, I just pictured being in a room all by myself, cursing through the mic at every play I screw up. My wife already thinks I"m nuts, since I'll watch a game and yell and scream at the TV as if the players/coaches/refs can actually hear every word I say.
woosh I thought I was the only one hahaha

Old
01-05-2011, 11:44 AM
LyricalLyricist

10H10, you really can't go wrong with an Xbox. It's likely the better system of the two, and on better servers usually(I believe). You do have to pay for xbox live though. You'll still find enough guys to play with on Xbox without a doubt, however as Watsatheo said, there's a LOT more PS3 guys in this thread. If you go for an exchange, not like the PS3 guys will complain But still, if you don't, not like you're screwed. Active posters like overlords are on the xbox team, so you shouldn't have a problem.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:48 AM
pine

Quote:
You'd fit right in.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:49 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
So I've gotten back into the be a pro mode, and might want to play some EASHL if anyone will have me

I'm playing on PS3, and my name is Le_Tricolore.. I have my guy set as a TWD.

Send me an invite sometime.
So... this!

I'll be online at midnight ish tonight.

Someone invite me!

Old
01-05-2011, 01:09 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

I think I posted last time you asked, but I own both systems and heres my take;

360;
PROS: Cheaper, dedicated servers for some games, party chat (you can chat with anyone on your friends list in any game - works better than most in game chat too).
CONS: No bluray, pay to play online, discs scratch easier

PS3;
PROS: Bluray, dvd upscale converter, better "shut-off" timers, nearly impossible to scratch disc with normal use, more comfortable controllers (debatable for some), free online, exclsuvie MLB game
CONS: no dedicated servers (not really a big deal to me, I rarely lag, but if I do I lag as much on 360 as I do on PS3), no party chat, more expensive.

I play NHL on 360 this year, but I'm not sure about next year. I think I'm probably going to head back to PS3 so long as the connection continues to work (it was horrible in 09, 10 - fixed for 11).

I bought a 360 mainly incase NHL had the connection issue again (i prefer to play 6vs6 rather than 2vs2, etc). And for the Left 4 Dead series (huge zombie nerd). To be honest, for the amount of use it I put into the 360, it probably wasn't worth it. I much prefer the PS3.

If you're as bad with your discs as me, PS3 is amazing. I've not once managed to scratch a bluray, even with just taking them out and throwing them on the desk. I've had 360 games not even load just from have a speck of dust on them, in which case I had to clean the disc.. a little annoying.

If your wife (or you) is into motion games (like the Wii), I will say that the Kinect is pretty fun. I'm sure the PS3 Move is fun too though, I just haven't tried it.

If PS3 gets party chat, it's a no contest at all. PS3 is the better system and with the exclusive MLB game (if you like baseball), 360 doesn't even come close.

Honestly, if you're just looking to play NHL, a 360 is fine though. But if you like movies as much as I do, the PS3 is tons better. Not to mention, everytime NHL rolls around, it's half the price. ($70 for NHL, $140 for NHL + X-Box Live).

Old
01-05-2011, 01:14 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
So... this!

I'll be online at midnight ish tonight.

Someone invite me!
Sorry Mike, I hate your guts, no invite for you. I kid of course. We're kind of full but based on your previous time with the team, I'm inclined to just throw you in but I'm not sure where you are right now, but try to get your veteran card minimum(i'd prefer superstar) and be active, and play often with the club and I have no issue I guess. Where are you at now, in terms of what card you unlocked?

Old
01-05-2011, 01:38 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Sorry Mike, I hate your guts, no invite for you. I kid of course. We're kind of full but based on your previous time with the team, I'm inclined to just throw you in but I'm not sure where you are right now, but try to get your veteran card minimum(i'd prefer superstar) and be active, and play often with the club and I have no issue I guess. Where are you at now, in terms of what card you unlocked?
If you're playing D, you don't really need to worry about cards. Sure they help, but I play almost as well on D with the bare bones.

Old
01-05-2011, 01:55 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
If you're playing D, you don't really need to worry about cards. Sure they help, but I play almost as well on D with the bare bones.
I remember him as a RW first and D second...but I could be wrong.

Old
01-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
You and me both man, on both of those. Although, I didn't give my wife much of a choice. She loves the PS3 as much as I do, so that was a gimme, but the NHL 11 copy that I got, was won in a contest.

Quote:
Don't worry, my wife gets a kick out of hearing the things I say on the microphone. She thinks I'm nuts when we start our memes, or when I'm in the penalty box and I stand next to the stereo and blast Christmas music into the microphone. So don't worry about that, if that's the case, like WTF said, you'd fit right in.

Old
01-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I remember him as a RW first and D second...but I could be wrong.
I remember him playing a game or two and then disappearing.

Old
01-05-2011, 03:00 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
You and me both man, on both of those. Although, I didn't give my wife much of a choice. She loves the PS3 as much as I do, so that was a gimme, but the NHL 11 copy that I got, was won in a contest.
Tell her she can have Final Fantasy XIV when it comes out for PS3 under the condition that you can get every NHL game for the rest of time.

Actually, there are two Final Fantasy games coming out in the near future. XIV which is the MMORPG and then Versus XIII which is made by the studio who made Kingdom Hearts (as far as I know).

So that should give you some major talk room on buying the next couple of NHL games.

Old
01-05-2011, 07:27 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I'll be on after the gold medal game. Anyone else?

Old
01-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
I think I posted last time you asked, but I own both systems and heres my take;

360;
PROS: Cheaper, dedicated servers for some games, party chat (you can chat with anyone on your friends list in any game - works better than most in game chat too).
CONS: No bluray, pay to play online, discs scratch easier

PS3;
PROS: Bluray, dvd upscale converter, better "shut-off" timers, nearly impossible to scratch disc with normal use, more comfortable controllers (debatable for some), free online, exclsuvie MLB game
CONS: no dedicated servers (not really a big deal to me, I rarely lag, but if I do I lag as much on 360 as I do on PS3), no party chat, more expensive.
Don't forget NHL GameCenter live too.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I've played two games ever online lol. If it's full then it's fine though.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

And yeah. I played winger in NHL 10, but I'm having a bunch of fun on D in my be a pro.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:45 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fel 96 View Post
Don't forget NHL GameCenter live too.
Oh I was talking about the game.

Thats true, PS3 has NHL gamecenter live & MLB season pass (for a fee)

Old
01-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Ha. sorry my bad

Closed Thread