HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

What would you give up for Versteeg? (or other Leafs)

Old
01-05-2011, 11:46 AM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Great trade offer...let's give up a rugged dman who is 23, cheap and plays sound defense and a 3rd for a wash up dman...sign me up!

Last edited by nyr2k2: 01-05-2011 at 02:30 PM.
Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:49 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Great trade offer...let's give up a rugged dman who is 23, cheap and plays sound defense and a 3rd for a wash up dman...sign me up!
Washed up? That "washed up" defenseman has 24 points in 36 games for a TERRIBLE Leaf team.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:51 AM
Orr Nightmare

[QUOTE=LetsGoBlueshirts;29987168]Or another PPG playmaker?[/QUOTE

Hemsky is not a bad player but he would cost more than he is worth and has a 5 million dollar salary for next year...pass!

Old
01-05-2011, 11:54 AM
MSG the place to be*

There's a thread on the leafs board about how Rangers scouts have been at their recent games and there is some strange discussion in the thread.

Here is a breakdown of our organization that someone posted:

Unavailable:
Anisimov, Callahan, Dubinsky, Gaborik, Girardi, Lundqvist, Prust, Sauer, Staal, Stepan, Zuccarello

For the right price:
Avery, Biron, Boyle, Christensen, Drury, Eminger, Fedotenko, McDonagh, Rozsival, Weise

Please take from us:
Boogaard, Frolov, Gilroy, Prospal

Unavailable Prospects:
Kreider, Hagelin, Werek, Borque, Yogan, Thomas, Fasth, Valentenko, McIlrath, Pashnin

Prospects that could be had for the right price:
Grachev, Horak

There is some pretty comical stuff in there. If Sather moved Yogan at this year's draft to move up one spot in the 7th round I wouldn't even bat an eye. But yea, lets consider him untouchable. Also, I don't know if its the side of the bed I woke up on this morning or the fact that he is absolutely atrocious and making superstar money, but Drury is a 'please take from us' guy in my book.

Anyway, there are people in the Toronto thread who are blinded enough by Drury's reputation and invisible intangibles that they want to acquire him. Hopefully Burke has a little bit of Gainey in him.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Washed up? That "washed up" defenseman has 24 points in 36 games for a TERRIBLE Leaf team.
Is he the missing piece for a cup?

I am totally against trading viable assests (Sauer) for a guy who will only make us marginally better and even softer on defense.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:03 PM
XLJ

Kaberle is the one guy on the leafs that would interest me. We need a lefty defensemen that can play on the 2nd pair. He would be a rental so I would probably give up a 2nd and a mid level prospect for him. No way would I trade Sauer for a rental. The way Sauer has played this season he needs to be included in our young core that Torts keeps talking about.

Stay away from Beauchemin we dont need to add his 3.8 million dollar salary for next year. IMO he is very average.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Is he the missing piece for a cup?

I am totally against trading viable assests (Sauer) for a guy who will only make us marginally better and even softer on defense.
Kaberle is notorious for having one of the best first passes in the league. Quick, someone lock up Sather or at least hide the checkbook.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:07 PM
beastly115

Drury for Kaberle would be a fleecing of epic proportions. You gotta think Burke is a little more wary of making trades after Chiarelli fleeced him.

Hell, I'd even sweeten the pot a bit to trade Drury for Kaberle.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:09 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
Drury for Kaberle would be a fleecing of epic proportions. You gotta think Burke is a little more wary of making trades after Chiarelli fleeced him.

Hell, I'd even sweeten the pot a bit to trade Drury for Kaberle.
Why would Drury waive his NTC to go to a team that's likely going to miss the playoffs?

01-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG the place to be View Post
Kaberle is notorious for having one of the best first passes in the league. Quick, someone lock up Sather or at least hide the checkbook.
I thought Rozy was the best first passer in the league....

Old
01-05-2011, 12:34 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I thought Rozy was the best first passer in the league....
What?

Kaberle would be a 1st pairing defenseman on this team.

And yes, he would put this team over the top. I think with him, and once they get healthy, they could beat anyone in the East.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
kaberle will be the best offensive dman to have played for the rangers since brian leetch if your lucky enough to get him

Leaf Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:47 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
kaberle will be the best offensive dman to have played for the rangers since brian leetch if your lucky enough to get him
Agreed but that isnt saying very much.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
What is his defense like?

Old
01-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
What?

Kaberle would be a 1st pairing defenseman on this team.

And yes, he would put this team over the top. I think with him, and once they get healthy, they could beat anyone in the East.
We agree to disagree...I would prefer Doug Murray over Kaberle.

Old
01-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Dark Knight
Draft Jared McCann!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Kaberle is the one guy on the leafs that would interest me. We need a lefty defensemen that can play on the 2nd pair. He would be a rental so I would probably give up a 2nd and a mid level prospect for him. No way would I trade Sauer for a rental. The way Sauer has played this season he needs to be included in our young core that Torts keeps talking about.

Stay away from Beauchemin we dont need to add his 3.8 million dollar salary for next year. IMO he is very average.
That's an insulting offer.

Not that I'd expect a blue chipper coming our way, but Kaberle will be re-signed if anything. He's had a very good year and has made a formidable number 1 pairing with Luke Schenn.

01-05-2011, 12:58 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
We agree to disagree...I would prefer Doug Murray over Kaberle.
I would rather both. As the Rangers need a puck-mover and a tough stay at home type. However they are totally different players. Its like comparing Kessel to Lucic.

Old
01-05-2011, 01:00 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Phil Kessel going to the Leafs was the most franchise defining decision that any of the 30 teams have undergone in a long time.
See now I thought Francis going to the Penguins was a tragedy. Wade Redden coming to NY was even worse. But as to the former, people living in the city of Hartford never cared about hockey anyway. I know this is "Hockey Nation" in the city of Toronto we're talking about, where the sport is a religion. No one wishes to start a holy war with their fan base over the services (or lack there of) of Phil Kessel.
But right now he has fewer points than Clarke Macarthur and has the worst plus/minus on the team. If it is true (and seemingly likely) that Kessel is not liked by his teammates, I'm not exactly sure why Burke should be getting lynched for making a mistake and then fixing it. After all, look at the players Sather has brought in over the years. May not be "Hockey Nation" but the Rangers have always been a pretty big deal here in NY, and Glenn and his family are just fine.

Quote:
If Burke moved him it would truly be one of the most shocking developments that has taken place in my life of following sports. And on top of that, the package that Rangers fans would want to give up would be a fraction of what Burke would need to acquire for him to save face and more importantly, not have to fear for the safety of his family.
Maybe what's really important is nipping a problem in the bud before it escalates even further, and worry about saving face later. After what Burke has been through recently, I'm sure the man's pride, ego, and reputation in the context of this situation will take a back seat and would not nearly be the most prominent issue at the Burke residence.

Burke just lost a son. I can't imagine what he's going through, and before Toronto fans storm the streets with their spears, and bows + arrows, calling for the head(s) of a G.M. and his family, they may want to meet at the town square first. If I can trade Kessel while people still think he can actually lead a team some place then I'd do it.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
I would rather both. As the Rangers need a puck-mover and a tough stay at home type. However they are totally different players. Its like comparing Kessel to Lucic.
Fair enough...but to me...you cannot have Kaberle and Rozy on the same defense.

Also, I would take Lucic over Kessel, just saying