HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2010-2011 Rangers Prospects Thread (Juniors, NCAA, International, Other) *Part 3*

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2011, 05:11 PM
John Torturella

vCash: 500
Just the fact that he is even on the map as legit prospect as a 6th rounder is good enough for me.

Old
01-03-2011, 05:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
He had been playing on the top line with HV71 before the WJC.

Old
01-03-2011, 05:25 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
He was described as "skinny" when he was drafted...
I was skinny when I was 17 too. Good scouts look at a players parents to see how he might fill out.

Old
01-03-2011, 05:28 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I was skinny when I was 17 too. Good scouts look at a players parents to see how he might fill out.
Me too. I just remember them saying under-developed and skinny. Nothing wrong with it as a 17 y/o but they may have looked at his parents and they may not have been very large either.

Either way I just hope he spends another season on HV71 and then comes over to play NA. I like the way he plays.

Old
01-03-2011, 05:33 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
Me too. I just remember them saying under-developed and skinny. Nothing wrong with it as a 17 y/o but they may have looked at his parents and they may not have been very large either.

Either way I just hope he spends another season on HV71 and then comes over to play NA. I like the way he plays.
he will play for hv71 again but in the sel this time.

hell be playing in one of the best leagues in the world and hell improve alot.

Old
01-03-2011, 10:32 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

This kid is going to be a steal. Don't worry, he'll fill out a little bit and he'll be fine. But he isn't just a very good skater, you can see he thinks the game very well. The kid has a set of balls on him, too. Not afraid to get his nose dirty in front of the net or in the corners. That's a nice combo to have.

Old
01-03-2011, 10:32 PM
TheRedViper

Fasth was very good to watch todeay, kid can really fly

Old
01-04-2011, 03:08 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

fasth is very shifty out there...noticeable too he actually reminds me a little of Petr Prucha when he was here, but much faster...not sure if thats a good thing though.

Old
01-04-2011, 03:47 AM
Cermi

Kreider played a very good game, couple of chances but nothing went in. Kreider and Campbell were imo the best players for US.

Old
01-04-2011, 05:21 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korpicowski View Post
Why did Fasth fall to the 6th round? Anyone?
Great pick. Maybe he becomes something, and maybe he doesn't... but I love taking these 'unknown' european kids late in the draft who impress the scouts. I would much rather roll the dice here than take an over-ager out of the CHL or a known commodity who doesn't rate that high... When you take a look at Pashnin (Rus), Hagelin(Swe), Fasth (Swe)- all late picks who have the potential to play for the rangers one day... you have to be a little impressed... again, maybe all play for us,maybe none do, but to me - this is where scouts earn their paychecks...

Old
01-04-2011, 06:05 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cermi View Post
Kreider played a very good game, couple of chances but nothing went in. Kreider and Campbell were imo the best players for US.
I was hoping Kreider was going to be the dominant player on Team USA and carry this team on his shoulders.

Old
01-04-2011, 07:50 AM
Ola

These days, a lot of players in Europe goes undrafted completely. Fasth was a very solid young player before the draft -- but he have never really been that extreme point-getter.

Fasth also do not have great size, but I've been impressed by his strength. If a bigger D just trys to put his weight infront of him -- Fasth will send the D flying. He is really strong for a player his size so to speak.

But like I've said before, a great pick by Clark and co. Fasth is a extremely modern player. Great attitude. Always puts the team first. He'll block shots like the best of them, and always backcheck harder then anyone else. But what makes him so modern is the fact that he is not 1-dimensional in anyway -- he can do a bit of everything. He'll make stickhandling moves that Zherdev would be proud of, he'll make great passes et c. And more like, everyone can make a pass or a stickhandling move at this level -- but Fasth is always able to pull of the play which the situation calls for.

And he have SMARTS. And when you watch him, you will see what smarts is all about in the game of hockey. When you watch a player like Kreider you are always frustrate,d like -- "why do not people pass him more, he is so fast and all he need is a opertunity to use his speed or shot", but he almost never seem to get that opertunity that we all know that he can take advantage of 9 of 10 times. A player like Fasth just goes and gets the puck. He is always around it. Fasth is smaller, slower and his shot can not be compared to Kreiders, still Kreider will get 2 opertunitys in a game and a player like Fasth will get 6...

Old
01-04-2011, 08:19 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Ola, in your opinion is Jesper a Jan Erixon type player going forward???

Old
01-04-2011, 09:05 AM
CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
And he have SMARTS. And when you watch him, you will see what smarts is all about in the game of hockey. When you watch a player like Kreider you are always frustrate,d like -- "why do not people pass him more, he is so fast and all he need is a opertunity to use his speed or shot", but he almost never seem to get that opertunity that we all know that he can take advantage of 9 of 10 times. A player like Fasth just goes and gets the puck. He is always around it. Fasth is smaller, slower and his shot can not be compared to Kreiders, still Kreider will get 2 opertunitys in a game and a player like Fasth will get 6...
I agree 100% with this assessment, Fasth seemed to always be looking for the puck and if his teammates aren't able to get it to him, he'll go out and get it himself. That's a quality I love in a young player. Also, he was rarely out of position in this tournament, being a puck hawk is one thing, but combined with not being a defensive liability makes for a bright future for this kid.

Old
01-04-2011, 10:15 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Ola, in your opinion is Jesper a Jan Erixon type player going forward???
I'm not Ola, but if I can chime in, I think he's solidly ahead of Erixon in nearly every offensive category.

Old
01-04-2011, 10:26 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

Not sure what you are saying. Do you believe Fasth is better prospect than Kreider? They seem to be 2 different players. It's all about development right now.

Old
01-04-2011, 11:25 AM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Not sure what you are saying. Do you believe Fasth is better prospect than Kreider? They seem to be 2 different players. It's all about development right now.
I don't think he's saying that, I think he's just using an example to show why he likes Fasth.

Old
01-04-2011, 12:34 PM
Cermi

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
I was hoping Kreider was going to be the dominant player on Team USA and carry this team on his shoulders.
Me too, and it's true that he didn't, but I'm not that disappointed because he was playing well. Top 3 on US team for sure.

Old
01-04-2011, 12:41 PM
TrollololBoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
he will play for hv71 again but in the sel this time.

hell be playing in one of the best leagues in the world and hell improve alot.
For lack of a more appropriate term, my pants are starting to feel really tight right now

Old
01-04-2011, 01:49 PM
n1cON
bleeds blue ! ! !

Fasth played a really good tournament so far and I´m happy that he´s a NYR-Prospect. Sees the ice well, get his chances, drives hard to the net and know how to get the puck behind the goalie. Waitin´for the game against the US-Boys because that will be a really good and FASTH game to watch

Old
01-05-2011, 02:54 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Stats updated.

It's just pain.
Old
01-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Something tells me Maggio and McNaught will not be receiving contracts.

Im telling you, late round picks are for Euro players. We're wasting them on these guys.

Picks like Fasth, Prucha, Lundqvist hell we could even pick up a guy like Conz this year.

Old
01-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Wraparounds
Powerful Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post

Im telling you, late round picks are for Euro players. We're wasting them on these guys.

Picks like Fasth, Prucha, Lundqvist hell we could even pick up a guy like Conz this year.
Truth. Late rounds are for longshot players with potential high reward, like Lundqvist.

Old
01-05-2011, 04:36 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post

I was okay with the McNaught pick. I still am. Its time for the Rangers to develop their own heavyweight so they don't have to continue to overpay. I still have pretty high hopes for McNaught.

Old
01-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Abooch68

fasth scores...

Closed Thread