HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should we have kept PA Parenteau?

Old
01-03-2011, 03:22 PM
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks

vCash: 500
think of how many points gretzky would've had if they discovered Parenteau earlier.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

I sure as hell wish you guys would have kept PA Parenteau. Every time I see him causing a turnover or looking lost on the ice I want to bang my head against a wall.

The fact that he's a first-liner on our team is embarrassing. Hell, the fact that he's on our team to begin with is embarrassing. He isn't even NHL caliber.

Hershey Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
Maybe the islander fans don't know about hockey. one guy makes mistakes and the team loses.....sure thing.

Its not my aim to help the Isle fans solve their riddles, but I couldn't help noticing that PA had two assists in a win again tonight.

What exactly did we get back in the trade for Pascal Dupuis?

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Jxmarts

Good teams have always padded the bottom half of their roster with grinders & players who play smart D. Your bottom 6 needs to force your opponents to exert energy & to avoid defensive lapses. Parenteau is not that.

If you intend to play him on your top 6, then you're an AHL caliber team... like the Islanders.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Hershey Hockey
#AskNeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy London Ranger View Post
Maybe the islander fans don't know about hockey. one guy makes mistakes and the team loses.....sure thing.

Its not my aim to help the Isle fans solve their riddles, but I couldn't help noticing that PA had two assists in a win again tonight.

He's been better as of late, but his stupid play earlier in the season was costly for us. Based on what I've seen, a lot of his recent production has been a result of Tavares stepping up his game and PA being a passenger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxmarts View Post
Good teams have always padded the bottom half of their roster with grinders & players who play smart D. Your bottom 6 needs to force your opponents to exert energy & to avoid defensive lapses. Parenteau is not that.

If you intend to play him on your top 6, then you're an AHL caliber team... like the Islanders.
Exactly my thoughts. He is simply not an NHL caliber top 6 player and he doesn't fit in the bottom 6 either. I don't think you guys should have any regrets for not keeping him.

Hershey Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 04:04 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:

Why do you like Parenteau so much? He's garbage, and he's not needed.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 05:04 PM
SomebodySaveKreider

Of all the good players this organization has let walk/traded (Zidlicky, Savard, Weight, Zubov, Tyutin), your pining over PA Parenteau?

SomebodySaveKreider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 08:43 PM
msv957

Parenteau actually seems to be producing some decent points in the NHL this year. He may hit 50 points or more. I am not sure if Tavares is a big reason for Parenteau getting these points or not but credit has to be given to Parenteau.

Its weird, last year the Isles bring in an AHL player in Moulson and he produces and then they bring in an AHL player in Parenteau and now he seems to be producing.

Still, there is no spot for Parenteau on this Ranger team.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:01 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
Parenteau actually seems to be producing some decent points in the NHL this year. He may hit 50 points or more. I am not sure if Tavares is a big reason for Parenteau getting these points or not but credit has to be given to Parenteau.

Its weird, last year the Isles bring in an AHL player in Moulson and he produces and then they bring in an AHL player in Parenteau and now he seems to be producing.

Still, there is no spot for Parenteau on this Ranger team.
I'm sure a lot of it has to do with him playing with Tavares & Moulson who are putting up points... But consider that P.A. Parenteau would not be a 1st line player on any other NHL team, so take him outside of the context of the Islanders, and he's likely playing 3rd line minutes with lesser skilled players, which would likely mean less production....

He's not a horrible player, I just don't see him as a vital role player on any team.... He could probably do somewhere in the neighborhood of 35-45 points on another team.... Nothing to dismiss, but nothing to exactly write home about.... If his skating was better and his defensive game was more apparent, he might have more value in the league, but it's not the case...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 09:15 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

Quote:

Your basing all your parenteau love solely on his stats or atleast that's what it looks like. He's playing first line minutes next to Tavares, aside from the fact that he would not crack 75% of NHL teams(including the rangers) top 6's, he's riding tavares' coattails and I know that from actualy watching islander games not just checking the box score. He would not be in our top six if he were with us and I bet he wouldn't have broken 20 pts by now playing on our third line if he could even play there for us. Paranteau is ahl talent nothing more.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Why do you like Parenteau so much? He's garbage, and he's not needed.
i don't like him very much, but i like him at this moment more than I like Frolov!

Old
01-04-2011, 10:20 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
Of all the good players this organization has let walk/traded (Zidlicky, Savard, Weight, Zubov, Tyutin), your pining over PA Parenteau?
actually i craved Dupuis

Old
01-04-2011, 10:28 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Your basing all your parenteau love solely on his stats or atleast that's what it looks like. He's playing first line minutes next to Tavares, aside from the fact that he would not crack 75% of NHL teams(including the rangers) top 6's, he's riding tavares' coattails and I know that from actualy watching islander games not just checking the box score. He would not be in our top six if he were with us and I bet he wouldn't have broken 20 pts by now playing on our third line if he could even play there for us. Paranteau is ahl talent nothing more.
well sorry for thinking scoring points in the nhl was important.....
if/when he gets around 40 points (for the Isles) I would think even the biggest detractors would say he is NHL worthy player at a shoestring budget. Obviously something we Rangers have no need for.

You may not like him, not like his game or his shortcomings but the guy seems to be doing something right. Most of you may not remember but Dino Ciccareli comes to mind,
he had no redeeming quality other than scoring goals. Actually I think I skated better
than Dino. so onedimenasional or nonedimensional, this kid is scoring some points, at times clutch points and he is/was cheap.....and so I was simply asking the question whether it is possible this kid could become a regular NHL player and point scorer hat we let go for nothing and that we have given up on too early.

Most of you feel that the only place this guy could play nhl hockey is on the islanders team, because they are near the bottom and I just pause for thought.

Last edited by Sad London Ranger: 01-04-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old
01-04-2011, 10:29 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
i don't like him very much, but i like him at this moment more than I like Frolov!
Touche, sir. Touche.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2011, 10:33 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
I certainly don't. Frolov makes good decisions and is excellent in the other teams zone. He's probably responsible for half of our time of possession during the past few games. If he just shot more and cashed in on more chances he'd be fine.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:39 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Frolov makes good decisions and is excellent in the other teams zone.
Have to stop you right there.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I certainly don't. Frolov makes good decisions and is excellent in the other teams zone. He's probably responsible for half of our time of possession during the past few games. If he just shot more and cashed in on more chances he'd be fine.

that is a conversation killer!

Old
01-05-2011, 11:40 AM
NYR Viper

Marcel Hossa scored 35 goals in the KHL last year in 56 games. Just sayin'....

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:51 AM
BklyNYR4Life

Prucha/Duco/Parenteau

The cup will be ours!

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:56 AM
ocarina

I'd much rather have Frolov then Parenteau, even if Frolov costs much more. Frolov does more then Parenteau (and Frolov doesn't even do that much). At least Frolov is a real NHL player, even if he doesn't fit here.

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:00 PM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
actually i craved Dupuis
Dupuis + 3rd in 2007 was traded for Bourret who in turn was traded to Phoenix for their 3rd 2008, which was used to pick Kundrátek.

PAP was acquired for a conditional 7th.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:04 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
Dupuis + 3rd in 2007 was traded for Bourret who in turn was traded to Phoenix for their 3rd 2008, which was used to pick Kundrátek.

At the time of the trade...I thought Sather did a great job getting a 1st round pick and all the write ups on Bourret were so encouraging...then reality set in, at least we got Kundratek.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Synergy27

I can't believe this conversation is still going on.

I'd be willing to bet that 85% of NHL forwards could put up 50 points if they were given significant first line ice time and told to try to score. If you've made it to the NHL in any capacity other than fighter/goon, you have a ton of skill and more than likely scored a **** ton of points at various levels prior to making it to the NHL.

The problem is that 50 points coupled with questionable at best defensive play is not adequate for a first liner, unless you're OK with being a lottery team (and even then probably not). What I'm saying is that you can plug ANYONE into that position on the Islanders (except for Boogard, Parros, etc.) and get the same production, and when you take PA out of that position, his production will plummet.

There is nothing to see or pine over here. Move on.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post

in other words: a scorcher trade.....swiped under the carpet

Old
01-05-2011, 04:12 PM
MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Just like his linemate Matt Moulson, he's got Dominic Moore syndrome.

AKA putting up points on a **** team due to increased ice time.

He's a 4th liner or AHLer on any decent team.
On point right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Have any of you watched him play? Some of you guys go out of the way to call Drury an offensive black hole, but if you want to see a REAL offensive black hole you look at good ole' PA on the island. He's constantly screwing up plays, horrible at cycling, and i'm really surprised he has that many points because sometimes he looks absolutely horrendous.

I'd take anyone on this roster, even Boogaard because of the role he fills compared to what Pappy could do, over Parenteau.
Exactly, stats aren't everything. He really sucks. During the Isles 20 something game skid, the first line was changed one game. PAP has been our on 1st line the whole year and PP. Points look OK but he passing to the other team more than his own.

Right now the line seems to be clicking but that will not last long and I wish he was not on our team.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote