HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Ryan Ellis is a Machine

Old
01-05-2011, 06:51 PM
MattPreds37

vCash: 500
Ryan Ellis is a Machine

Ryan Ellis scores for Canada again, I smell an Ellis/ Cube line coming up soon!

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 06:57 PM
WartracePred

Absolutely dominating this game. He's wearing #6 and the "C" on his jersey. Hmmm.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 06:58 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
nice job behind the net there too

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
As I wrote in my rookie camp primer for OtF, there's only one-way to describe the diminutive defenseman from Hamilton, Ontario. Ryan Ellis is a winner.

It's clear watching this game that Ellis knows that this might be the last time he wears the Red and White for Canada in international competition and he's stepping up his game another notch tonight and leaving it all out there.

Great first period, let's see what the leading scorer among defensemen in the history of the World Junior Championships can do over the last 40 minutes...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 07:34 PM
WartracePred

Well he is looking more and more like a Predator. He went hard into the boards and skated slowly off ice with an injury. Yep, he's playing Predator hockey for sure.

Old
01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

This is turning into a pretty good game.

Quick thought: Ellis seems to pinch on almost every rush. Do you think he would be ok with moving to forward, and would it be worth a try?

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Jarnberg

Ellis's offensive game is an absolute thing of beauty. I remember watching him in camp after we drafted him and his shot was one of the best I've ever seen. That being said, he is getting beat alot in this tournament, especially after he reaches in and doesn't get the puck, because he isn't able to keep up with alot of the forwards. With his size and skating, he needs to be ahead of alot of the plays in order to make those plays.

I love his offensive game, his passing and shot are amazing, but his defensive game leaves alot to be desired, but hopefully improves as he ages.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 08:57 PM
WartracePred

Canada blew a 3 goal lead to lose 5-3 to the Russians. Hate it for Ellis. But I'll lose no sleep as the uppity Canadians lose a hockey game.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:01 PM
Liquidfire3240

Ellis named top D-man.

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Whoa, turned the game off when Canada was up by 3 after 2. Were any of the goals against Ellis's fault? Man that sucks

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Whoa, turned the game off when Canada was up by 3 after 2. Were any of the goals against Ellis's fault? Man that sucks
Not really.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:24 PM
MattPreds37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
As I wrote in my rookie camp primer for OtF, there's only one-way to describe the diminutive defenseman from Hamilton, Ontario. Ryan Ellis is a winner.

It's clear watching this game that Ellis knows that this might be the last time he wears the Red and White for Canada in international competition and he's stepping up his game another notch tonight and leaving it all out there.

Great first period, let's see what the leading scorer among defensemen in the history of the World Junior Championships can do over the last 40 minutes...
Seth, we need to give this kid a 66 jersey and get him on a line with the cub, Frances does an excellent job staying at home and would let Ryan get into the action. We could at least burn up the 10 games we can borrow him from juniors and see what hes got. I also think we could use him as a second power play QB. Also, where have you been, quit leaving me with pass counting guy.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPreds37 View Post
Seth, we need to give this kid a 66 jersey and get him on a line with the cub, Frances does an excellent job staying at home and would let Ryan get into the action. We could at least burn up the 10 games we can borrow him from juniors and see what hes got. I also think we could use him as a second power play QB. Also, where have you been, quit leaving me with pass counting guy.
Ellis is no where near NHL level.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPreds37 View Post
Ellis has 1-2 years in Milwaukee ahead of him before he comes to Nashville and is ineligible this season until his junior team finishes. Word is he's going to be traded from Windsor to Dave Cameron's (Team Canada HC) junior program who's hosting the Memorial Cup this year, so the next time we see him will be this summer at development camp.

I came to NC to spend the holidays with my Mother. I've stayed an extra week to get some things done for her down here, but I will be back for the next home game on Tuesday. I have a job interview on Wednesday too, so I'll definitely be back!

Old
01-05-2011, 10:30 PM
MattPreds37

Quote:
Ellis has 1-2 years in Milwaukee ahead of him before he comes to Nashville and is ineligible this season until his junior team finishes. Word is he's going to be traded from Windsor to Dave Cameron's (Team Canada HC) junior program who's hosting the Memorial Cup this year, so the next time we see him will be this summer at development camp.

I came to NC to spend the holidays with my Mother. I've stayed an extra week to get some things done for her down here, but I will be back for the next home game on Tuesday. I have a job interview on Wednesday too, so I'll definitely be back!
I heard the Spitfires were possibly going to trade Campbell and/or Ellis but I didnt here where. Also is it impossible to get a customized Spitfires or Canada juniors Ellis jersey?

Old
01-05-2011, 10:31 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

Good luck!

Old
01-05-2011, 11:48 PM
adsfan

Quote:

Can you make that 3 or 4 seasons in Milwaukee? They need more scoring.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Good luck!
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Can you make that 3 or 4 seasons in Milwaukee? They need more scoring.
Umm, we've already had to see him dominate juniors for two seasons. Anymore than two years in the AHL is going to have us a little worried. You know Trotz and Poile will make him earn the promotion though, just as Franson did and Blum and Josi are in the process of doing. That's just The Predators Way. The road to Nashville goes through Milwaukee...

Old
01-06-2011, 12:03 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Not a problem. I know how stressful job seeking can be. That's why I gave it up for more school.

Umm, we've already had to see him dominate juniors for two seasons. Anymore than two years in the AHL is going to have us a little worried. You know Trotz and Poile will make him earn the promotion though, just as Franson did and Blum and Josi are in the process of doing. That's just The Predators Way. The road to Nashville goes through Milwaukee...
I think Ellis will make it up at some point next season. He'll need an absolutely explosive camp to make it right on if only for the reason you mentioned. Beyond that I think Ellis is the first D call up, and unless it's Weber/Suter/Klein that gets hurt, Ellis might not be sent back down.

Of course, this all depends on whether or not he can adapt his game to the big leagues.

Old
01-06-2011, 12:12 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I think Ellis will make it up at some point next season. He'll need an absolutely explosive camp to make it right on if only for the reason you mentioned. Beyond that I think Ellis is the first D call up, and unless it's Weber/Suter/Klein that gets hurt, Ellis might not be sent back down.

Of course, this all depends on whether or not he can adapt his game to the big leagues.
Ellis has said this week that he wants (ie: has been told by the team) to get up to 185 lbs to play in the pro ranks. He models his game after guys like Brian Rafalski, Dan Boyle, and Brian Campbell. I think he can do it, but I doubt even with a great camp does he not start in Milwaukee next year.

He was really disappointed going back to juniors this year, but was told to go back and shatter the record books and work on a few things. He's done that, I really don't think his size will stop him from making it to the NHL either...

Old
01-06-2011, 12:57 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Ellis has said this week that he wants (ie: has been told by the team) to get up to 185 lbs to play in the pro ranks. He models his game after guys like Brian Rafalski, Dan Boyle, and Brian Campbell. I think he can do it, but I doubt even with a great camp does he not start in Milwaukee next year.

He was really disappointed going back to juniors this year, but was told to go back and shatter the record books and work on a few things. He's done that, I really don't think his size will stop him from making it to the NHL either...
These are the things I like to hear. If he stands up to his own expectations we have a real gamer on our hands.