HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

40th Obsequious Banter Thread: 40 Daze and 40 Knights

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2011, 05:54 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Meh, obviously it can work. People just have to choose to get married for the right reasons. Last night, I fell asleep laughing hysterically with my husband. When all is said in done, ya have to actually LIKE the person you're with. That sounds obvious, but it's not.
Well said Jules. And speaking for one of the "got married young" group, it can work - we had our kids relatively young (24/27) and are having a blast now that they're on their own and we're free!

We have fun hanging out, doing not much of anything - but laughing together is the greatest glue on earth.

Enough with the sappy ****... but it's true.

Old
01-05-2011, 06:20 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
Completely agree. **** MTV for ruining my generation.
Can I just say that in general, I hate this attitude. I mean, MTV gives kids what they want and they suck it in. If kids wanted to watch mature TV or TV about real young adult issues (like what they RW was in the 90s), that's what MTV would do. But MTV trashes it up and has **** like the Kardashians show because that's what gets ratings.

It's like the people complaining about partisanship in politics. Politicians lie and are partisan because it ****ing works.

So it's not MTV's fault, it's our own damn fault for eating that **** up.

Old
01-05-2011, 06:36 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
One thing is for sure though, it gets really frustrating when every year goes by and I'm still single, but all those slutty girls I know end up hitting the jackpot with great guys because she had her lady friend or some other ******** reason and couldn't try to bang him the first night, therefore him not ever knowing how much of a **** she really is. And yes I know several of these girls and I'm really bitter about it.
Bang more dudes. You'll be happier, they'll be happier. Might meet somebody worthwhile, but probably not. Probably won't go another five years single at least.

Or don't, just sayin'.

Old
01-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post
Bang more dudes. You'll be happier, they'll be happier. Might meet somebody worthwhile, but probably not. Probably won't go another five years single at least.

Or don't, just sayin'.
Not exactly the place where you'd want to start a relationship at....

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
01-05-2011, 06:47 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Cannon View Post
Not exactly the place where you'd want to start a relationship at....
Knowing where to start a relationship at is completely undefined; there's no such thing. I agree with the original statement. Bang more dudes. Eventually you'll find one that wants to bang you for the rest of your life.

Old
01-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Richyrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Knowing where to start a relationship at is completely undefined; there's no such thing. I agree with the original statement. Bang more dudes. Eventually you'll find one that wants to bang you for the rest of your life.
Do you write for Hallmark?

Old
01-05-2011, 08:15 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giroux tha Damaja View Post

Or don't, just sayin'.
All I can think of is the scene at the beginning of Forgetting Sarah Marshall with the pediatrician. "**** everything that moves, just wear a condom."

Old
01-05-2011, 08:18 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post
All I can think of is the scene at the beginning of Forgetting Sarah Marshall with the pediatrician. "**** everything that moves, just wear a condom."
I thought of that too, haha.

Also, is anyone else pumped for the start of the Jersey Shore tomorrow night?

Old
01-05-2011, 08:49 PM
Terence Peterman

Quote:

Absolutely not.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:33 PM
six sigma
Seahawks/Flyers

Quote:

To steal a quote from Cole Hauser's character in Pitch Black:

I'd rather piss glass.

Old
01-05-2011, 10:23 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I never thought a team and a play on it could make me so angry in NHL 11. Let me put it this way, I was the goalie, after 2 periods, we were losing 2-1. They had 24 shots on me and my team had 5 shots in total. We even had a center that would sort of win faceoffs for us and then go sit in the SAME EXACT corner of the opposing team's zone so we can never enter the zone and score. I was constantly left out to dry with literally no defense (as in way too many breakaways). WHY THE **** DO YOU PLAY ONLINE WHEN YOU ONLY PLAY FOR YOURSELF YOU ****ING *******S!? Another thing is that there is a guy for the PS3 named NHL-_-GAMER and he will literally get into a lobby of a game and sit there, never picking a side EVER. Just to **** with people. And he doesn't even leave.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Phileeguy
RIP Pat

Quote:
I don't like to pre-judge so I actually watched some of that show before I made a decision on it. Personally, I couldn't get into it. Maybe I just thought it was kinda sad that the moral compass of that show calls himself "The Situation." I can see why people like it though, just not me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
I never thought a team and a play on it could make me so angry in NHL 11. Let me put it this way, I was the goalie, after 2 periods, we were losing 2-1. They had 24 shots on me and my team had 5 shots in total. We even had a center that would sort of win faceoffs for us and then go sit in the SAME EXACT corner of the opposing team's zone so we can never enter the zone and score. I was constantly left out to dry with literally no defense (as in way too many breakaways). WHY THE **** DO YOU PLAY ONLINE WHEN YOU ONLY PLAY FOR YOURSELF YOU ****ING *******S!? Another thing is that there is a guy for the PS3 named NHL-_-GAMER and he will literally get into a lobby of a game and sit there, never picking a side EVER. Just to **** with people. And he doesn't even leave.
You just basically summed up why I don't really play online games anymore, especially if they're supposed to be Team/Co-op.

Old
01-06-2011, 12:08 AM
wahoowa
All in the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I dont get relationships where people are 16-22. Most are just practice for real life, yet some people take them so seriously. If you invest too much too early, you are setting yourself up for failure (and I repeat, this is based on what I have seen and heard, nothing else). It's hard to give it your all in a relationship when you are not fully mature, have no financial stability, and haven't actually lived life at all.
I think every situation is different. My girlfriend and I started dating the third month of my freshman year and we've been dating ever since (>4 years). Couldn't be happier and planning on asking her to marry me when we go to Europe this summer. I think it just depends on the relative maturity of the people involved; I've known plenty of college relationships that crashed and burned whereas a couple of my good friends have been together just as long as I have and have begun to get engaged.

I agree with you on the whole though - too many people are rushing into relationships. College can mature you quickly though (if you take it seriously) and I think you hit the nail on the head when you said 2nd/3rd year may be a better time to start dating. But there certainly isn't a golden rule.

I think there may be more spoiled brats/*******s/meatheads/etc in our generation, but there are still TONS of great people out there. I firmly believe that if you are patient, you will find someone.

On a less serious note, I'm ****ing ready for March Madness already. Kind of sad. I guess the BCS Championship will have to do but I have no idea who to root for. I guess Oregon because I'm ****ing tired of hearing about how great the SEC is and Chip Kelly seems like a cool dude.

Old
01-06-2011, 01:19 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blaine View Post

Pretty much been my philosophy. Although I do it without being an ******* to girls. I'm either really sarcastically funny or just don't know whats happening and that somehow works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoowa View Post
I think every situation is different. My girlfriend and I started dating the third month of my freshman year and we've been dating ever since (>4 years). Couldn't be happier and planning on asking her to marry me when we go to Europe this summer. I think it just depends on the relative maturity of the people involved; I've known plenty of college relationships that crashed and burned whereas a couple of my good friends have been together just as long as I have and have begun to get engaged.

I agree with you on the whole though - too many people are rushing into relationships. College can mature you quickly though (if you take it seriously) and I think you hit the nail on the head when you said 2nd/3rd year may be a better time to start dating. But there certainly isn't a golden rule.

I think there may be more spoiled brats/*******s/meatheads/etc in our generation, but there are still TONS of great people out there. I firmly believe that if you are patient, you will find someone.

On a less serious note, I'm ****ing ready for March Madness already. Kind of sad. I guess the BCS Championship will have to do but I have no idea who to root for. I guess Oregon because I'm ****ing tired of hearing about how great the SEC is and Chip Kelly seems like a cool dude.

This would be nice but there are just waaaaaaaaaaaaay too many party girls at my school I couldn't trust. I've seen people cheat of their gfs/bfs. Plus it seems like way too much trouble when you're just trying to meet people and have fun.

Old
01-06-2011, 05:39 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Anyone else played Vindictus before? My god is it fun. I've had it installed for probably about a month, just been updating it and never played it till tonight and the combat and simplicity of the game is very fun. For once, I think I might have found an MMO that wasn't bored at any instance for the first 3 hours.

Old
01-06-2011, 07:50 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
I don't like to pre-judge so I actually watched some of that show before I made a decision on it. Personally, I couldn't get into it. Maybe I just thought it was kinda sad that the moral compass of that show calls himself "The Situation." I can see why people like it though, just not me.
I'll respond to you because you seem to have actually given the show a chance.

That's pretty much how I saw it once I started watching it. It's a funny show, but it's either your thing or it's not. I like some of the small quirky jokes, how The Situation goes on about being a "sniper" by throwing a look to a girl across the club. Eventually she comes home with him, and he's not ready to smoosh, so he makes himself breakfast, making her wait alone in the room for 45 minutes, before he comes back in. To me, that's hilarious. But it depends on how you like your comedy.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:00 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

I'm gonna be in jamaica in three hours. Hell yes.

This forum gives the best dating advice

Old
01-06-2011, 09:00 AM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Jersey Shore sucks.

However I just started its always Sunny, and it rocks

Old
01-06-2011, 09:20 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:

**** the haters Jim, I'm pumped for Jersey Shore again.

The way the Situation handles girls AND still brings them home is hilarious. The quotes themselves are downright ridiculous and hilarious. Pauly is funny too. He is much more normal (in some ways).

The Situation: Don't come over somebody's house at ****in' 5am & expect to play checkers.
Non-DTF Girl: I never said anything about checkers, OLD MAN!

The Situation: The bugs in the Everglades are huge. They're about the size of Snooki.

The Situation: Shut your mouth you dirty little hamster.
Angelina: You look like Popeye on crack.
The Situation: You look like a ho.

The Situation: So, we have two girls on the burner. We can get the original chicks, which are DTF, or we can get the blond ones.
Pauly D: Ask them if they're DTF though. Don't waste no time today. It's Saturday.

The Situation: Jose's taken Angelina on a number of dates. Buying her Fossil watches. I don't how much it was. $39.99? $49.99? The man should be smashing.

The Situation: I'll be flipping pancakes while people are punching each other in the face.

The Situation: I put the hippopotamus to bed.

The Situation: Ronnie doesn't want to give up his cookie, and that's Sam. You need to give up your cookie, son, so you can go find another one. I'm eatin' chocolate chip cookies every night, dog.

The Situation: Ronnie is feeding steaming ALPO to Sam, on a plate, 'cause he's doggin' her so much.

The Situation: The whole Sammi-Ronnie situation? Not a good situation.

The Situation: Ron is at the club hooking up with grenades, which is a bigger ugly chick, and land mines, which is a thinner ugly chick, and ... loving life.

Mike (The Situation): Pauly D. was with the grenade ... When you go into battle, you need to have some friends with you, so that just in case a grenade gets thrown at you, one of your buddies takes it first.

Quote:
I'll respond to you because you seem to have actually given the show a chance.

That's pretty much how I saw it once I started watching it. It's a funny show, but it's either your thing or it's not. I like some of the small quirky jokes, how The Situation goes on about being a "sniper" by throwing a look to a girl across the club. Eventually she comes home with him, and he's not ready to smoosh, so he makes himself breakfast, making her wait alone in the room for 45 minutes, before he comes back in. To me, that's hilarious. But it depends on how you like your comedy.
It's ridiculous. I think it's funny, but I certainly hate to see 15 year olds watching it and imitating it.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:23 AM
McNasty

I love the show, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't smile to hear Snooki was hit by a bus.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:27 AM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
A friend of mine finally got me to sit down and watch that show, and I really just couldn't do it. The **** they do is funny, but after a while it just lost it's appeal on me and I changed the channel. Plus I already hate the stereotypes Jersey gets, and nothing on that show is going to help people realize that not everyone from here is like that. It shouldn't really bother me, but I hate going somewhere away from the immediate area, and having to tell someone I'm from Jersey, and they follow it up with either "Do you like to fist pump?" or "Do you know the people on that show?"

Old
01-06-2011, 09:29 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I'm gonna be in jamaica in three hours. Hell yes.

This forum gives the best dating advice
Are you my father?

My dad just texted me saying he's leaving for Jamaica, found a cheap trip.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
A friend of mine finally got me to sit down and watch that show, and I really just couldn't do it. The **** they do is funny, but after a while it just lost it's appeal on me and I changed the channel. Plus I already hate the stereotypes Jersey gets, and nothing on that show is going to help people realize that not everyone from here is like that. It shouldn't really bother me, but I hate going somewhere away from the immediate area, and having to tell someone I'm from Jersey, and they follow it up with either "Do you like to fist pump?" or "Do you know the people on that show?"
It is true. 90% of people from Jersey give the other 10% a bad name.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Anybody who thinks that that is what NJ is about, you need to instantly break any ties with that person, and potentially throw them into the Delaware River, because if they're that stupid to think that, you're doing the world a favor by tossing them in the River.

Also, South Park parodied it, which usually helps relieve the stereotype by portraying them in an over-the-top manner.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:36 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
It is true. 90% of people from Jersey give the other 10% a bad name.

Closed Thread