HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Rumor Thread--Kings Rumor Mill IX

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Would Langenbrunner waive his NTC to join the Kings? Probably not, he will make Lou send him to a team back East. Rangers?

Old
01-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Would Langenbrunner waive his NTC to join the Kings? Probably not, he will make Lou send him to a team back East. Rangers?
No idea what Langenbrunner would do, although I'm not sure he's just an Eastern Conference guy (born in Minnesota, lives there in the offseason). Even during the Cup run in 2003, Langenbrunner openly admitted to still being disappointed that he was traded from Dallas. In terms of a nice fit, sending him back there (with former linemate Joe Nieuwendyk as GM) would seem ideal.

But like Knights of the Realm said, Langenbrunner just seems like the type of guy DL would love to add even if he's just a rental. As part of the Team USA braintrust, I'm sure DL is familiar with Langenbrunner beyond this disaster of a season.

Old
01-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

David Booth may be on the trading block according to a Panthers beat writer. He'd be a very good acquisition, should he remain healthy.

Old
01-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Johnny Utah

Normally I would say yes, but he hasn't been the same since the Richards hit...he has 10 goals all year...I had him on my fantasy team and he was stuck on 8 for awhile...

Old
01-05-2011, 04:45 PM
spudboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Dancing boy tweeting that Kings -Devils made a trade today. Still spreading the Voynov trade rumor.
Barry keeps trying to prove what he said earlier about Voynov being unhappy. He'll probably mention him in every trade rumor.

Old
01-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudboy View Post
Barry keeps trying to prove what he said earlier about Voynov being unhappy. He'll probably mention him in every trade rumor.
Much like how Jack Johnson wanted to bolt for Russia to make $5M per year.

Old
01-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Some tweets from a Blue Jackets reporter...
Quote:
Aportzline Aaron Portzline
#CBJ GM Scott Howson was to travel from Buffalo to LA after WJCs on Thursday, but that trip is now tentatively scrapped. At last report ... he was headed back to #CBJ to get down to brass taxes with his roster. putting C Kyle Wilson on waivers was meant to clear a roster spot, because the potential is there for a large trade to go down soon.
Doesn't necessarily mean Howson has anything lined up with the Kings or was scouting the Kings, but there is a possibility.

Old
01-05-2011, 09:20 PM
KingNothing4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

Doesn't necessarily mean Howson has anything lined up with the Kings or was scouting the Kings, but there is a possibility.
We're tradin' for Nash! High scorin' LW

Old
01-05-2011, 09:27 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post

They play in LA on Sat

Old
01-05-2011, 10:19 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
They play in LA on Sat
That may be a reason, although I'm not sure how often a team travels with his team on the road unless he's doing some homework on his own players or other teams and working on something. But there are rumblings out of Columbus that a trade is about to go down.

Old
01-05-2011, 10:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

After waiving Wilson who I will be shocked if he isn't picked up and the demands made by Commodor to be dealt I have to believe that there will be few BJ deals soon.

They need PMD's and are willing to get younger so there is no doubt that we have what they want and they absolutely have what we need in fast sniping LW's. Could we be seeing a revisitation of a previously rumored deal? Who really knows at this point but I do know for a fact that we are way too deep on D to stand pat and have too many "character" type forwards in our system to be able to ice them all anytime soon.

My question is do we have what a team like the BJ's would need to begin an honest to goodness rebuild should they realize that they need to do so and if so who exactly would those players be. Also, who would the BJ's have to give up to get said players from us.

Howieson would be hard pressed to even consider moving their uber star Nash but he would make the most sense and would also get them allot further along in a much shorter amount of time.

I wouldn't trade the farm on too many players in the league but Nash is one that I would give up allot to get.

Nash is still so young though that you could argue building around him would make the most sense and be right 9 out of 10 times but we are sooooo deep in a couple of area that we could make a pretty sweet offer without losing our core and all of our depth to be tempting.

It won't happen but it would be sweet to see Nash/Kopi/Brown as a front line.

To dream.

Old
01-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Agreed with above, they can have their pickings of any combination of three prospects if it were for Rick Nash, but alas, that is a pipe dream. Besides moving Commodore, I think they'll look at moving Huselius.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:13 PM
DontgoZiggy

Has Filatov worn out his welcome?

Old
01-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Fangio

vCash: 50
Kings and Blue Jackets are battling each other for a playoff spot, so I'm not thinking a deal is going down with them.

If I'm wrong, the next step is to scan through the roster for ex-flyers.. RJ Umberger it is.

Old
01-05-2011, 11:29 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Yep, RJ would be the actual Target but everytime I look at him I just don't see him as being a significant enough of an upgrade to get really excited about.

Old
01-06-2011, 12:49 AM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Umberger for Handzus and Drewiske when Mitchell comes back?

Old
01-06-2011, 01:45 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Umberger for Handzus and Drewiske when Mitchell comes back?
Can't make a deal that is based on the assumption that Mitchell is healthy.

Old
01-06-2011, 01:53 AM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Can't make a deal that is based on the assumption that Mitchell is healthy.
Cause its impossible to replace Drewiske with the kids in the pipeline...that said move makes little sense from CBJ perspective, they need PMD.

Old
01-06-2011, 02:16 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
+1...

Jesus.

Old
01-06-2011, 03:10 AM
sjmay*

As much as I like Martinez,

would anyone move Martinez for Commodore?

Commodore would be the defensive presence that we miss in Mitchell, and a solid veteran D you can never have too much of.

Old
01-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNothing4 View Post
We're tradin' for Nash! High scorin' LW

The funny thing is, we actually have the prospect depth to pull it off and still maybe, maybe retain Schenn.

Old
01-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjmay View Post
As much as I like Martinez,

would anyone move Martinez for Commodore?

Commodore would be the defensive presence that we miss in Mitchell, and a solid veteran D you can never have too much of.
Commodore makes WAY too much money

3.75 mil for 2 more seasons after this. No way Jose

Old
01-06-2011, 11:45 AM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Commodore on waivers.

Old
01-06-2011, 11:54 AM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
Cause its impossible to replace Drewiske with the kids in the pipeline...that said move makes little sense from CBJ perspective, they need PMD.
He said "when Mitchell comes back" did he not? Thus such a deal hinges on him being healthy.

Old
01-06-2011, 12:01 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
After waiving Wilson who I will be shocked if he isn't picked up and the demands made by Commodor to be dealt I have to believe that there will be few BJ deals soon.

They need PMD's and are willing to get younger so there is no doubt that we have what they want and they absolutely have what we need in fast sniping LW's. Could we be seeing a revisitation of a previously rumored deal? Who really knows at this point but I do know for a fact that we are way too deep on D to stand pat and have too many "character" type forwards in our system to be able to ice them all anytime soon.

My question is do we have what a team like the BJ's would need to begin an honest to goodness rebuild should they realize that they need to do so and if so who exactly would those players be. Also, who would the BJ's have to give up to get said players from us.

Howieson would be hard pressed to even consider moving their uber star Nash but he would make the most sense and would also get them allot further along in a much shorter amount of time.

I wouldn't trade the farm on too many players in the league but Nash is one that I would give up allot to get.

Nash is still so young though that you could argue building around him would make the most sense and be right 9 out of 10 times but we are sooooo deep in a couple of area that we could make a pretty sweet offer without losing our core and all of our depth to be tempting.

It won't happen but it would be sweet to see Nash/Kopi/Brown as a front line.

To dream.
Doughty would be excited, then he wouldn't be the fattest player on the team anymore.

Closed Thread