HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduction Thread!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-06-2011, 01:28 AM
  #801
Skill2Burn
 
Skill2Burn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 16
vCash: 500
Hi folks. Looking for a new place to hang out and talk hockey.

Name: Bill

Age: 47

Location: Vancouver

Favorite Team(s): Flyers (follow the west coast teams too)

Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Pens, Habs

Favorite Player(s): Giroux, Selanne, Kopitar. Lots from years gone by.

Most Hated Player(s): Cooke, Avery, C. Lemieux, U. Samulesson, D. Hunter, Downie

Flyers fan since: 1972.

Skill2Burn is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 06:51 AM
  #802
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skill2Burn View Post
Hi folks. Looking for a new place to hang out and talk hockey.

Name: Bill

Age: 47

Location: Vancouver

Favorite Team(s): Flyers (follow the west coast teams too)

Most Hated Team(s): Devils, Pens, Habs

Favorite Player(s): Giroux, Selanne, Kopitar. Lots from years gone by.

Most Hated Player(s): Cooke, Avery, C. Lemieux, U. Samulesson, D. Hunter, Downie

Flyers fan since: 1972.
Welcome to the zoo!

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 02:55 PM
  #803
Walnut
Registered User
 
Walnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Basingstoke, UK
Country: England
Posts: 701
vCash: 500
Can't believe I haven't done this yet. Been a member for a while now, but thought I should actually try to know what I'm talking about before posting.

Name Ray

Age 27

Location Basingstoke, United Kingdom

Favourite Teams Flyers, Eagles, Phillies, Arsenal FC, Basingstoke Bison & Inexplicably Utah Jazz (First US sport I got into, chose them because of John Stockton, now hardly follow the sport)

Hated Teams Penguins, Yankees, Manchester United FC, Patriots

Favourite Players Todd Fedoruk, Rod Brind'Amour, Mike Richards, Claude Giroux, Kimmo Timonen, Simon Gagne, Chris Pronger, Mark Recchi. Non Flyer Cal Clutterbuck.

Most Hated Players Cindy, Avery, Volchenkov, Cooke, Alfredsson

Flyer fan since 1997 - After school exchange to Doylestown, PA. Pretty much got addicted with how much Philly sports were covered locally and followed ever since.

Walnut is offline  
Old
01-06-2011, 03:09 PM
  #804
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walnut View Post
Can't believe I haven't done this yet. Been a member for a while now, but thought I should actually try to know what I'm talking about before posting.
Don't be so meek. There are countless posters on this board who seemingly don't know what the hell they are talking about. As long as you aren't a jerk about it, we are usually pretty nice.

Seriously, feel free to start posting.

agrudez* is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 10:12 AM
  #805
FLY48
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: PA & NC
Country: United States
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Name - Shana

Age - 28

Location - From York, PA...living in Fayetteville NC.

Favourite Teams - Flyers

Hated Teams -

Favourite Players - Briere, Bob & Boosh

Most Hated Players -

Flyer fan since - Got into hockey(flyers) in the 90s, "flyers" since they were local and i had family into them, but haven't been really into it until about 2 years ago. I'd consider myself a new fan.

FLY48 is offline  
Old
01-18-2011, 10:14 AM
  #806
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY48 View Post
Name - Shana
Welcome to the board!

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
01-21-2011, 10:48 AM
  #807
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis
 
Chris Pronger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,270
vCash: 50
Age: 18

Location: Quebec

Favorite Team(s): Flyers,Canadiens

Most Hated Team(s): Ottawa,Toronto,

Favorite Player(s): Chris Pronger,Mike Richards, PK Subban, Scott Hartnell.

Most Hated Player(s): Sean Avery, Zdeno Chara
NHL11 Top Line: Hartnell,Richards,Briere,Pronger,Timonen

Flyers fan since: couple of years. since I realised Montreal will never beat Philadelphia in playoffs

Chris Pronger is offline  
Old
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
  #808
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan182018 View Post
Age: 18

Location: Quebec

Favorite Team(s): Flyers,Canadiens

Most Hated Team(s): Ottawa,Toronto,

Favorite Player(s): Chris Pronger,Mike Richards, PK Subban, Scott Hartnell.

Most Hated Player(s): Sean Avery, Zdeno Chara
NHL11 Top Line: Hartnell,Richards,Briere,Pronger,Timonen

Position: Defense

Flyers fan since: couple of years.
Fail.

Valhoun* is offline  
Old
01-21-2011, 11:17 AM
  #809
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyersfan182018 View Post
Age: 18

Location: Quebec

Favorite Team(s): Flyers,Canadiens

Most Hated Team(s): Ottawa,Toronto,

Favorite Player(s): Chris Pronger,Mike Richards, PK Subban, Scott Hartnell.

Most Hated Player(s): Sean Avery, Zdeno Chara
NHL11 Top Line: Hartnell,Richards,Briere,Pronger,Timonen

Flyers fan since: couple of years. since I realised Montreal will never beat Philadelphia in playoffs
Welcome to the board!

I think this win beats Valhoun's fail! (You might as well learn early on that very, very little Val says is serious!) But you might want to work on that PK Subban thing...

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
01-22-2011, 11:12 PM
  #810
ShortBus
 
ShortBus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: York, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 194
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY48 View Post
Name - Shana

Age - 28

Location - From York, PA...living in Fayetteville NC.

Favourite Teams - Flyers

Hated Teams -

Favourite Players - Briere, Bob & Boosh

Most Hated Players -

Flyer fan since - Got into hockey(flyers) in the 90s, "flyers" since they were local and i had family into them, but haven't been really into it until about 2 years ago. I'd consider myself a new fan.
Greetings from your old turf.

ShortBus is offline  
Old
01-22-2011, 11:50 PM
  #811
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS
 
PhillyFlying's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,286
vCash: 500
must have completely missed this thread when i started posting here a few months ago...

Name: Tom

Age: 19

Location: West Philly

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, have a soft spot for a few teams in the west (Red Wings, Ducks, Wild)

Most Hated Team(s): Pens, Habs, Rags, Devs, the usuals. Out west: Sharks, Nucks, Hawks

Favorite Player(s): Richards, Giroux, Timonen, JVR, Rick Nash, Datsyuk/Zetterberg. Growing up: Kim Johnson, Eric Desjardins, Keith Primeau, Eric Lindros

Most Hated Player(s): Avery, Dubinsky, Patrick Kane, PK Subban, all the show-offy types. Growing up it was Domi, Barnaby, Kasperitus, the likes.

Flyers fan since: 1997

PhillyFlying is offline  
Old
01-23-2011, 03:53 AM
  #812
DirkStarlight
Registered User
 
DirkStarlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Well, I've been lurking here a couple months now I had made an account before, but for some reason it doesn't recognize any of my email addresses. But anyways, never introduced myself before, so here we go

Name: Justin

Age: 20

Location: Abington, PA

Favorite Team(s): Flyers (of course), Eagles, London Knights

Most Hated Team(s): Rags, Pens, Habs, Debs.

Favorite Player(s): Growing up it was Lindros and LeClair. I remember family cheering cause Lindros scored a goal real late in a game and I was hooked. Nowadays: Giroux, Pronger, Richards, Lappy, Thoresen(sp). Stamkos, Fowler,

Most Hated Player(s): What kind of Flyers fan would I be without saying Crosby Dubinksy, Zajac, Cooke, Savard, and Orr.

Flyers fan since: 1997ish

NHL 11 top line: JVR - Stamkos - Kessel
Carl Coburn (Year 2014 in BeAGM)
Neuvirth



Last edited by DirkStarlight: 01-23-2011 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Forgot top line.
DirkStarlight is offline  
Old
01-23-2011, 08:22 AM
  #813
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStarlight View Post
Well, I've been lurking here a couple months now I had made an account before, but for some reason it doesn't recognize any of my email addresses. But anyways, never introduced myself before, so here we go

Name: Justin

Age: 20

Location: Abington, PA

Favorite Team(s): Flyers (of course), Eagles, London Knights
Welcome to the board!

I have to ask... why the Knights?

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 12:50 PM
  #814
DirkStarlight
Registered User
 
DirkStarlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Welcome to the board!

I have to ask... why the Knights?
Ehh... When I was in high school, my hockey team was the North Penn Knights. So when I started getting interested in juniors, I just decided to follow them for the sole reason they have the same mascot.

DirkStarlight is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 12:57 PM
  #815
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStarlight View Post
Ehh... When I was in high school, my hockey team was the North Penn Knights. So when I started getting interested in juniors, I just decided to follow them for the sole reason they have the same mascot.
And does your hockey team's mascot have a lame-assed name like "Sir Scores-A-Lot"?

Not sure if London still has him, but that was the name of their mascot.

I enjoyed it immensely.

(for the record, and you'll learn soon enough... I detest the London Knights more than the NY Rangers, Devils and Pens added together! )

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 01:27 PM
  #816
DirkStarlight
Registered User
 
DirkStarlight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 76
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
And does your hockey team's mascot have a lame-assed name like "Sir Scores-A-Lot"?

Not sure if London still has him, but that was the name of their mascot.

I enjoyed it immensely.

(for the record, and you'll learn soon enough... I detest the London Knights more than the NY Rangers, Devils and Pens added together! )
No, we did not have a mascot named "Sir Scores-A-Lot". They just put together a good team in recent years, so they're fun to watch (the very little that I get to see).

And sorry for liking a team you hate!

DirkStarlight is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 01:48 PM
  #817
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkStarlight View Post
No, we did not have a mascot named "Sir Scores-A-Lot". They just put together a good team in recent years, so they're fun to watch (the very little that I get to see).

And sorry for liking a team you hate!
LOL - no worries. However, I do reserve the right to call them names, especially when they play Kitchener.

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 02:38 PM
  #818
esuhock22
Registered User
 
esuhock22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 117
vCash: 500
Age: 20

Location: Broomall, Pa

Favorite Team(s): Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): Pens, Rangers, and Habs

Favorite Player(s): Other than Flyers players... Lidstrom, Selanne, and Vokoun

Most Hated Player(s): Avery, Avery, and Avery

Flyers fan since: As long as I could remember. I cried as a 6 year old when they were swept by Detroit in the SCF so I guess that was an early sign that I was a die hard.

esuhock22 is offline  
Old
01-24-2011, 03:10 PM
  #819
FlyersFanatic
Registered User
 
FlyersFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Western New York
Country: United States
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by esuhock22 View Post
Age: 20

Location: Broomall, Pa

Favorite Team(s): Flyers

Most Hated Team(s): Pens, Rangers, and Habs

Favorite Player(s): Other than Flyers players... Lidstrom, Selanne, and Vokoun

Most Hated Player(s): Avery, Avery, and Avery

Flyers fan since: As long as I could remember. I cried as a 6 year old when they were swept by Detroit in the SCF so I guess that was an early sign that I was a die hard.


I was 7 when that happened. Terrible terrible memories

FlyersFanatic is offline  
Old
01-25-2011, 03:17 PM
  #820
enfo19
 
enfo19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Munich
Country: Germany
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
I've read HF for 2-3 years, but never posted anything. I even forgot my account

Hopefully I'll post more consistently. So here I am

Name: Oliver

Age: 20

Location: Munich, Germany

Favorite Team(s): Flyers, EHC München

Most Hated Team(s): Penguins, Devils and my hometown team rivals Augsburger Panther, Starbulls Rosenheim and SERC Wild Wings

Favorite Player(s): Mike Richards, Daniel Carcillo, Cal Clutterbuck, Jason Deitsch

Most Hated Player(s): Evgeni Malkin, Sid Crosby, Corey Perry

Flyers fan since: Eric Lindros was the model for NHL 99. Back then there was a weekly a NHL show on a German sports channel and I always watched it and fell in love with the Flyers. Since 2005 I try to watch as many Games online or watch the highlights before breakfast. It's pretty to stay awake at 3am, but life isn't easy

enfo19 is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 01:35 PM
  #821
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,396
vCash: 500
I'm not new, but in case anyone hasn't noticed I've been MIA since February 2nd. Was in the hospital.

Back now though biatches. =P

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
03-09-2011, 01:51 PM
  #822
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
I'm not new, but in case anyone hasn't noticed I've been MIA since February 2nd. Was in the hospital.

Back now though biatches. =P
I blame Boynton.

Was it serious?

Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
03-10-2011, 03:54 PM
  #823
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I blame Boynton.

Was it serious?
Was in a mental hospital. Was depressed and suicidal. I'm on meds now though so it's all cool.

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:06 PM
  #824
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,984
vCash: 831
^ Damn, I hope everything works out for the best.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now  
Old
03-10-2011, 08:54 PM
  #825
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 39,078
vCash: 500
Whoa. Godspeed.

Beef Invictus is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.